DVDVR Message Board

2016 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Eh, I'm just trying to swim through the sea of AAA titles.  I buy enough little games throughout the year to generally keep me occupied, but I go so long between buying the big ones that they pile up and I can't decide which to get when I finally choose to get one.  It's just gotta be worth paying that full price.

They took the exact same approach to Punk's copyrighted tattoos as 2K and Yukes did. Just the outline of the Cobra, and the Pepsi becomes two semicircles.

Lionsgate announced it will be doing a Comic-Con Channel starting in May as part of their VOD service they are starting

Monday’s announcement disclosed that gaming personality Adam Sessler, former host of G4’s “X-Play,” will executive produce programs on comics, science and gaming, along with hosting his own interview series. Other formats being developed include a general pop culture news show, a late-night talk show, a weekly movie talk in partnership with Complex’s Collider and an all-female panel on pop culture from women’s perspectives.

The original scripted and unscripted series debuting on the platform include: the scripted comedy series “Kings of Con,” inspired by real-life fan convention experiences from “Supernatural” stars Richard Speight and Rob Benedict; the science entertainment program “Impossible Science,” starring magician Jason Latimer; and the previously announced unscripted series “Her Universe,” hosted by founder Ashley Eckstein, following contestants as they design their geek couture concepts for the catwalk of a live San Diego Comic-Con fashion show.

The platform is promising San Diego Comic-Con access with live-streamed programming, airings of select Comic-Con panels and immersive access to the convention floor and sanctioned events such as the Masquerade and the Eisner Awards. It will also offer an “eclectic collection” of licensed film and TV series from science-fiction, fantasy, cult classics, action/adventure and horror.

So, this seems like it would be a pretty big deal.

First, in addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we’re enabling developers to support cross-network play as well. This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks – including other console and PC networks.

Of course, it’s up to game developers to support this feature, and Xbox Live players will always have the option of choosing to play only with other Xbox Live players. We’re thrilled to confirm that Psyonix’s Rocket League will be one of the first games to take advantage of this new capability by enabling cross-network play between Xbox One and PC players, with an open invitation for other networks to participate as well.

WE CAN ALL PLAY MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA TOGETHER WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY A SECOND CONSOLE! (Maybe)

There would be way too much handshaking going on between all of the networks to make it work. I would imagine that the technical issues that would be presented are the biggest obstacle.

I don't even know how you would get into a game with your friends across the console divide. You can't add a PSN name to your XBox friends list, afterall. Hell, that exact name might belong to someone else on XBox.

Of course, PSN players could just change their names..... OH WAIT.

So, Stardew Valley, right?

I'll outline the basic gameplay loop, and then I'm going to tell you a story. You play Harvest Moon to get money to fund a dungeon crawling game, while also using crops/goods to satisfy Animal Crossing-like obligations to the town you have moved to, while engaging in relationships with people that can end in marriage if they're single (cuz harvest moon). It's $15. It's $15 PC Harvest Moon.

Before I stopped last night, I was fishing. There's five bachelorettes (that word feels like a fucking farce) but I've only really been intrigued by two. The one I've been pursuing is generally pretty excitable and also makes robots and shit, and that's fucking awesome. The other one is way into the occult and dyes their hair and wants to go on adventures and shit, but she can be moody and I dont know if I want to fuck with the devil right now. Anyways, I was fishing. Earlier that day I had given the robot girl a gift of quartz that I had found deep inside the crazy monster filled mines north of the town, and she was damn thrilled. I was fishing, when occult girl walked by. I thought she was just on a route, going somewhere predetermined. She ended up stopping behind me and looking over my shoulder while the bait floated in the lake. Like, she literally stopped, and turned to me, and got closer, just watching (with a little "..." over her head). When a fish finally bit, she got startled and ran away, and in return I got startled and lost the fish. She was long fuckin' gone and I ended up returning to my home, genuinely flustered and questioning if there could be something there.

This game is special.

• Like 2

So, Stardew Valley, right?

I'll outline the basic gameplay loop, and then I'm going to tell you a story. You play Harvest Moon to get money to fund a dungeon crawling game, while also using crops/goods to satisfy Animal Crossing-like obligations to the town you have moved to, while engaging in relationships with people that can end in marriage if they're single (cuz harvest moon). It's $15. It's $15 PC Harvest Moon.

Before I stopped last night, I was fishing. There's five bachelorettes (that word feels like a fucking farce) but I've only really been intrigued by two. The one I've been pursuing is generally pretty excitable and also makes robots and shit, and that's fucking awesome. The other one is way into the occult and dyes their hair and wants to go on adventures and shit, but she can be moody and I dont know if I want to fuck with the devil right now. Anyways, I was fishing. Earlier that day I had given the robot girl a gift of quartz that I had found deep inside the crazy monster filled mines north of the town, and she was damn thrilled. I was fishing, when occult girl walked by. I thought she was just on a route, going somewhere predetermined. She ended up stopping behind me and looking over my shoulder while the bait floated in the lake. Like, she literally stopped, and turned to me, and got closer, just watching (with a little "..." over her head). When a fish finally bit, she got startled and ran away, and in return I got startled and lost the fish. She was long fuckin' gone and I ended up returning to my home, genuinely flustered and questioning if there could be something there.

This game is special.

The little character bits and subtle worldbuilding are so great and feel really organic.  I am determined to befriend George's curmudgeonly ass just because I can.

I'm about to hit my first winter and I plan to spend the whole season in the mines.

PlayStation VR is official. Coming out in October. And it's $399, BUT that's alittle misleading. Because it does require the PS Camera, which is about $60. So $460, really.

EDIT: It also may or may not require the Move. That's unclear to me right now.

EDIT 2: Seems the Move isn't required, but recommended. And may be required for certain games.

EDIT 3: Ok, there's apparently gonna be a bundle with the Camera and Move included. Price unknown. It's kinda shitty of them to announce the cheaper price today when they know that's not what most people need. Who has a PS4 Camera?

I'm hoping that most of the games will be playable without the PSVR. I have a feeling it'll be a highly expensive Move controller if there's not a game that is worth it (although Golem looks nice).

Oh, I Platinum'ed BioShock. That final boss battle is ridiculous.

And I bought a bunch of games since the last time I logged in so what else is new.

Been playing EA Sports UFC 2 nonstop since yesterday.   Fucking awesome game.  I'm still terrible at transitions, but god the game is beautiful.

Video games have passed me by, but that's the one game that has had me wishing I had one of the newer systems to play it. Love the stacked roster along with including just about all the female fighters. Looks amazing for sure.