DVDVR Message Board

2016 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

I'm a fan of Skyward Sword.

Has anybody subscribed to Origin's Access service? A few pounds (dollars?) a month, seems to be some not bad games in there with new games to be added it says. I'm tempted to get it just to play Dragon Age Inquisition as I was going to buy it anyway and it's on there.

Virtual Boy was awesome. Virtual Boy Wario Land is better than any Mario platformer since Super Mario 64. Yes, I believe this. 

I only have maybe five games with mine (Wario Land, Golf, Teleroboxer, Red Alarm, Mario's Tennis, yep, that's five), and I've never bothered to collect the rest because, I mean, Waterworld and shit. 

• Like 1

the VB is just such a bizarre situation. the games, despite being all red, actually have good graphics for the time. and some of them are legit fun (and some like Waterworld suck ass).

Oyaji, it's all about short intervals. no bleeding eyes here.

I've pretty much done all there is to do in Fallout 4. Need to kill some time before the DLC stuff comes out and thinking of picking up Mad Max for PS4. Was thinking of picking up Witcher as well. I know it is a superior game but not really looking for another super time consuming game at this point.

This, right here, is the definition of "all in":

http://www.totalgeekdom.com/?p=3676

As completely crazy as this project seems on the surface, he's actually done a ton of very interesting things in PC design here. I don't expect many would actually read over all this, but... it's pretty impressive.

• Like 1

So I bought a year of EA Access on XBone. Played around a bit on UFC and Madden 16. Madden 16 looks great and the gameplay is pretty impressive. Looking to dive into Dragon Age: Inquisition soon. 

I picked up a year of this basically to try out all the sports games to see what new ones I'll want to dive into.  It's been so long since I've played any of them since the last gen versions were pretty much rubbish.  I don't necessarily love that it's older versions, but Madden 16 will probably keep my occupied sports-wise until the other updates ones come out.

edit: or would be playing it if XBox Live would sort itself out so I can download the damn games.

Yea it finally started working about noon my time.  Was able to get Madden 16 downloaded and I'm enjoying it so far.  I'm definitely going to have to find some sliders to play on, because combined Quarterbacks had almost a 90% completion percentage and over 300 yards each on a 6 minute quarter game.

Those of you with an Xbox One... do any of you use an external hard drive? If so I have a question. Does it still allow you to use the system's internal hard drive as well or is it a "one or the other" kind of situation? I have a 1TB internal hard drive now but it's starting to fill up (about 65-70% full). If I were to buy a 2TB external would I then have 3TB of storage space?

So yea ... I discovered Cookie Clicker at work today -  played it for 5 minutes, thought it was dumb and figured I'd close the window soon.

... 10 hours later: the window's still open and I'm producing 2.16 million cookies/second.

• Like 2

Those of you with an Xbox One... do any of you use an external hard drive? If so I have a question. Does it still allow you to use the system's internal hard drive as well or is it a "one or the other" kind of situation? I have a 1TB internal hard drive now but it's starting to fill up (about 65-70% full). If I were to buy a 2TB external would I then have 3TB of storage space?

Yes, you can use both. You can even specify which one you want games to install to as the "default".

You'll have 3 TB.

I'm in love with the Mass Effect mech in Plants vs. Zombies. They got the Biotic sound effect JUST right and the Omni-Sword is great too.

Okay - so between this and my son I am going to end up playing this stupid game aren't I?

I remembered yesterday that I have not beaten Dungeon Siege 3 yet so here we go again.

Beating Rajani without healing myself was a fucking chore.  Cannot wait to beat the Dapper Old Gentleman while wearing only my basic gear.  Fucking achievements, I swear.

If you play Skate 3 for a couple of minutes, you quickly realise why almost every youtuber* in the world has done a series on it - because if you're good at it, it looks awesome, but if you're bad ad it, it looks hilariously painful. But it's pretty easy to get the hang of, and stuff that would be impossible for 99% of people in real life is pretty easy to do in the game.

It's made by EA, the cash whore publishers. It's been selling consistently for years but only on PS3 & XBox 360. Why no next-gen Skate 4 yet? Keep the same engine, build a bigger map and offer a few more player customisation options, and that's all the people will need.

* After it had been out for a few years, Mr Kjellberg did a video on it, and they had to re-release it because demand was outstripping supply of second hand copies.

I'm in love with the Mass Effect mech in Plants vs. Zombies. They got the Biotic sound effect JUST right and the Omni-Sword is great too.

Okay - so between this and my son I am going to end up playing this stupid game aren't I?

I think you mean AMAZING game.

4-Player co-op, by the way. Plus, split-screen, so you can play with your son.

Since you didn't preorder though, to get the Mass Effect mech, you gotta get the special edition, which is only $10 more, thankfully.