DVDVR Message Board

2016 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

I have no idea whether Lemmings was never good and I had no taste in high school, or it was good in the early 90s but hasn't held up to advances in game design, or Lemmings Touch for PS Vita is just a shit update.  But I downloaded it as a PS+ game and boy is it not fun.

I think I played for like 10 hours yesterday. And since I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, there's no end in sight!

I can't tell if I'm doing well though. The Avatar Project is almost halfway done. And I'm kinda stuck until I get some more Engineers!

One disappointment though: the preorder "Warrior Resistance Pack". Every time you use the button to free up all armor on soldiers not currently being used, it resets guys appearance, if they have on stuff from the Warrior Resistance Pack. So I just don't use it anymore.

Hand of Fate (one of the free XB1 games this month) is really good. Sort of a D&D-esque, choose your own adventure rogue like based around some basic deck building. With combat similar to the Arkham games.

That description makes it sound way more complicated than it actually is. Give it a shot, though. You'll be able to tell within the first level if it'll be something you're into...

Finally getting deep into Shadow of the Colossus. Keep forgetting that when you get to the critical point, you raise your sword for the critical hit, and the longer you wait before striking the more damage you do. But because you have to spend so much time finding the weak spot, and the game often screw you over on the approach to the weak spot so you fall off a few times, whenever I get close I just go for the quick jab and do almost no damage. And then fall off.

It's a little bit very frustrating.

Why PC Gaming sucks: after playing XCOM 2 last night, now my PC no longer awake from sleep mode, no matter what I do with the mouse or keyboard. I have to manually restart it every time I want to use it.

And the whole thing boots up much slower than it did yesterday too. Joy.

Afternoon folks. I've started enough annoying threads lately so I'll just ask it in here. I've never been a PC gamer in my life, always bought a system at a reasonable price that was a few years old, but today I have gone out and bought a fairly decent setup, so i'm interested in playing decent games on PC.

It come with Windows 10, whats the best controller to use? A friend has told me that you can just plug an XBONE controller in and it should work with no 3rd party software needed. If that's the case would (A much cheaper) 360 controller work just as well?

Hope someone can help (save me money)

thanks

-Adam

I'm still trying to finish Gravity Rush. I like the idea, but every time I get started, I get bored with it. I wish the combat were more engaging somehow. I even hacked my PSTV to play GR on the big screen, but I didn't get too far.

Sometimes, I need to play a good game a couple times to get it, so I'll try again when I have a lull in the backlog. It took me a couple times for RDR to capture my attention, for example, and now I think there is a fair argument that it's the best game ever made. 

Right now, I'm pretty obsessed with Downwell and X-COM: Enemy Within, and I've started finding and using mods for the first time in my life on Tropico and Civ V. This is probably the first time ever that my PC is getting more attention than any of the consoles in my house. 

Fresh, is XCom2's RNG better than 1's, and does it still roll before you even do an action?

That was probably 1's most glaring problem.

I don't know what these words mean.

But I made a chick in a skull facepaint like Vampiro who stabs aliens with a goddamn sword. Game of the Decade.

• Like 1

Fresh, is XCom2's RNG better than 1's, and does it still roll before you even do an action?

That was probably 1's most glaring problem.

I don't know what these words mean.

But I made a chick in a skull facepaint like Vampiro who stabs aliens with a goddamn sword. Game of the Decade.

See, that you don't know what a RNG is yet run a gaming channel keeps me from taking you seriously.