DVDVR Message Board

UFC 195: Lawler vs. Condit (1/2/2016) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_195_Lawler_vs._Condit_Poster.jpg?144

UFC 195: Lawler vs. Condit
January 2, 2016
Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

UFC Welterweight Championship: Robbie Lawler © (170) vs. Carlos Condit (169) (second defense) - Lawler, DEC (split)
Stipe Miocic (241.5) vs. Andrei Arlovski (246.5) - Miocic, TKO (punches), R1 (0:54)
Albert Tumenov (171) vs. Lorenz Larkin (171) - Tumenov, DEC (split)
Diego Brandão (146) vs. Brian Ortega (145.5) - Ortega, SUB (triangle choke), R3 (1:37)
Abel Trujillo (156) vs. Tony Sims (156) - Trujillo, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (3:18)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Michael McDonald (136) vs. Masanori Kanehara (135) - McDonald, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (2:09)
Kyle Noke (170.5) vs. Alex Morono (170) - Morono, DEC (split)
Justine Kish (116) vs. Nina Ansaroff (116) - Kish, DEC (unanimous)
Drew Dober (155.5) vs. Scott Holtzman (155.5) - Dober, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Dustin Poirier (155.5) vs. Joseph Duffy (155) - Poirier, DEC (unanimous)
Joe Soto (135.5) vs. Michinori Tanaka (135.5) - Tanaka, DEC (split)
Edgar Garcia (170) vs. Sheldon Westcott (170) - Westcott, TKO (punches), R1 (3:12)

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Michael McDonald
Performance of the Night: Stipe Miocic
Fight of the Night: Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit

Attendance: 10,300
Gate: $2 million
Buyrate: 300,000

Cancelled Bouts:
Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm - Bout Moved to Another Card
Drew Dober vs. Erik Koch - Injury to Koch
Stephen Thompson vs. Neil Magny - Magny Moved to Another Card
Russell Doane vs. Michinori Tanaka - Injury to Doane
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Kyle Noke - Injury to Gastelum

Dustin Poirier vs. Joseph Duffy​ is pretty much only on Fight pass to get people to buy/use their free trial, right?

They wanted to make up for the fight not happening on Fight Pass the first time around in October.

I should also say they are trying to get more eyeballs on Fight Pass in a sense, and they plan on having more captivating fights to headline that portion of the card. This just happens to kill two birds with one stone.

there is no current fighter that i am a bigger fan of than Andrei Arlovski.

he really is the last of the old guard that can still be a top contender.

this fight with Stipe is a huge challenge, and i put AA as the underdog, but i'm pulling for him hardcore. Just the prospect of an Arlovski title shot has me super pumped up right now.

• Like 1

Looked forward to the main event since it was announced with the fighters involved and the records they have in finishing fights. Picking Carlos by decision.

I can definitely see the fight going multiple ways including this.  Condit is arguably the more strategic and technical strikers of the two.

In his last two fights, Condit started really slowly. It cost him against Woodley whereas Alves didn't stop Condit from gaining momentum. 

Lawler really isn't going to be interested in a technical striking battle. I think the Lawler at the end of his Strikeforce probably would have played into that game, but I don't think that's as likely now.

• Like 1

3rd round for certain Soto won. I think Tanaka won the 1st 2 rounds despite the deep submission attempts by Soto.

I think I gave Soto the first and third and gave Tanaka the second. The first round was close because Soto's gogo was perhaps the best offense of the round. However, I can see why you would give Tanaka the first.

Poirier- Duffy was freaking awesome. I was way more impressed by Poirier in this fight than his previous two fights at lightweight. As soon as Duffy started buzzing him, he transitioned the fight to the ground. I think Duffy thought that it was going to be a 15 minute slugfest, but Poirier just grinded away at him with great ground and pound. It will be interesting to see who Poirier is matched with next. I think some guys would be good style matchup for him while others might give him fits.

• Like 1