DVDVR Message Board

Well. WHADYAGET?!?!?!

DEAN

My wife spoiled me again as usual. I got the Back to the Future Animated Series, Fallout 4, the third Walking Dead compendium, On Writing by Stephen King, a new St. Louis Blues hoodie, and two giant half pound peanut butter cups.

• Like 1

Cards Against Humanity

A record player

"THIS IS THE SONICS~!" vinyl to play on said record player

Gaylord Perry's autobiography

"Up, Up & Away" by Jonah Keri

I was more interested in giving this year than getting. I've never been one to ask for much in the first place, but it was still a good Christmas.

• Like 1

Cards Against Humanity

A record player

"THIS IS THE SONICS~!" vinyl to play on said record player

Gaylord Perry's autobiography

"Up, Up & Away" by Jonah Keri

I was more interested in giving this year than getting. I've never been one to ask for much in the first place, but it was still a good Christmas.

Hey, let me know if the Gaylord Perry mentions my aunt and uncle in it- George and Dot Griffin.  My uncle was his first employer and he was pretty close to them his whole career.

We went very unspectacular this year at my house.

I received a couple of Gift Cards through work ($5 to Target and $25 to Wal Mart).

Wife's parents got us a $25 Fandango Gift Card.

Wife got me a low-end shirt and tie, some lotion, a new wallet and her big gift was getting me tickets to finally see Tool live!

I bought her a shoe rack, a makeup organizer, a new jewelry box, and a new 64GB iPhone 6 that I found for a really good price without being stuck to any kind of contract.

Got a Mel Brooks Blu Ray set, a clock radio, a Man City polo and a Man City teddy bear from the wife. :) I got her the Waring waffle iron she'd been wanting, a "what marriage means" painting, the Adele 25 CD... and Billy Joel tickets for us at MSG in May. Those fuckers were IMPOSSIBLE to grab.

• Like 1

I've reached an understanding with everyone who can be bothered to give me gifts. That understanding boils down to me preferring to buy my own clothes. They've got to be feeling pretty brave/confident to step over that line. 

-Star Trek OS Blu-ray

-Inside Out Blu-ray

-Crown Royal Northern Harvest

-Spider-Man Epic Collection (1)

-Cash

Plus the satisfaction of knowing I got awesome gifts for everyone I like and that they all seemed to dig it. I may have overspent this year, but it was worth it for the reactions.

Sat out secret Santa for work this year. An unreasonable price point was set and I don't like those people nearly enough. 

10/10, would Christmas again. 

• Like 1

Batman suit carrier

Batman signal keyring

Batman tote bag

Batman t-shirt

5lb jar of toffee bon bons

Autobiography of the hairy bikers (two british lads who bonded over their love of cooking and motorcycles, and have travelled the world cooking and riding bikes)

From my lil girl I got a star wars colouring book and doctor who encyclopedia.

I got my wife 2 tickets for cirque du soleil at the royal albert hall...

Caitlyn got *deep breath*

anewbike,adolly,twochangesofclothesforthedolly,akeyboard,newslippersocks,morebooksthanyoucanshakeastickat,moredvdsthanyoucanshakeanotherstickat,stencils,more"frozen"stuffthanyoucanshakeabigstickat,*breath*atinkerbellfunko,somepinkeardefendersforgigs,amakeyourownpapercrownset,adressinggownwithears,atiggerwithonesie,anewsetofpyjamas.

AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Like 3

Bradford City home shirt with a moving print on the back

Bradford City claret track jacket. Goes nicely with the black one I have

Bradford City wallet

Two jumpers, claret/maroon and dark blue speckled

Batman: Heart of Hush

American Vampire (Vol. 7)

Daredevil: Born Again

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear

Agent Carter: The Complete First Season DVD

The Crow filmcell plaque, limited edition 380:1000

• Like 1

Not a big Christmas for us as money is tight all round but I did pick up a nice Edmonton Oilers cardigan I wear around the house a lot because it's COLD in Canada, a $50 Amazon gift card, and a flash drive. A few other small things, but all of it was at least on point. The one gag knick knack I got made me laugh. A lot of candy because my mom's goal is to kill me with food and I'm not about to stop her. This was the first year in a while I didn't get a single thing from a relative that made me question whether they liked me or not so I'm calling this a win.

I also ate enough at Christmas dinner that I should have won some sort of goddamn prize right there. Do what you're good at, they said.

• Like 2

Not a big Christmas for us as money is tight all round but I did pick up a nice Edmonton Oilers cardigan I wear around the house a lot because it's COLD in Canada, a $50 Amazon gift card, and a flash drive. A few other small things, but all of it was at least on point. The one gag knick knack I got made me laugh. A lot of candy because my mom's goal is to kill me with food and I'm not about to stop her. This was the first year in a while I didn't get a single thing from a relative that made me question whether they liked me or not so I'm calling this a win.

I also ate enough at Christmas dinner that I should have won some sort of goddamn prize right there. Do what you're good at, they said.

Best thing for me about Christmas, food and family. Only few years ago learnt I liked mince pies so made up for lost time this go around ; ).

• Like 2

Me and the wife never exchange gifts. Though this year I did get a bunch from my mother in law and aunt and uncle.

Lots of Cincinnati Bengal attire (new beanie, hat, two shirts, gloves, and glass)

2 Steam gift cards

Fallout Survival Guide

From friends-

Drone camera

Married with Children all 11 seasons dvd set

Sanford and Sons complete series DVD set

From family

A book about the Air Pirates vs Disney lawsuit

A collection of 70s years of random Archie comic stories

Some book on odd and forgotten Golden Age heros

Kill Riff by David Schow

Then a few dvds/blu rays to fill in gaps in my collection.

From GF

3 terabyte external HD.

A stocking that was packed with Pez dispensers and Archie Digests that she mailed to the coast so I would have it X-mas morning.

Then the other night she took myself and my youngest to go see Star Wars ep 7.And treated us to dinner afterwards.

Outside of my finally having enough of one cousin X-mas day,Almost came to a "Either I leave or you leave bloody and bruised" situation,it was a decent holiday.