DVDVR Message Board

Well. WHADYAGET?!?!?!

DEAN

Ant-Man and X-Men: Days of Future Past on Blu Ray

Books:

The Hardcore Truth:  The Bob Holly Story

Wrestling for My Life - Shawn Michaels

Live From New York

An 8 qt. stainless steel pot with two strainer inserts, a skimmer/spider, a couple of gift cards and some cash.  

All that was great, but nothing was better than watching my 7 year old open her Sasha Banks rings and t-shirt, plus the Uso Crazy, How You Doin', I'm a Hugger, Finn Balor demon, and New Day unicorn shirts and losing her mind over them all.

• Like 5

Pandemic Legacy, a board game that you play over a year and that you make permanent changes to the board through the course of playing

A salmon red shirt

I have an ongoing list of "vinyls I want that I don't have yet" that I pass around during the holidays, and, well, here's the haul

Ratking - "So It Goes"

Shabazz Palaces - "Black Up"
Destruction Unit - "Negative Feedback Resistor"
White Suns - "Totem"
Earl Sweatshirt - "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside"
The Men - "Immaculada" (this one came packaged with two empty sleeves of the same album from some unmemorable sounding i'm assuming metalcore band as the padding instead of bubble wrap. adorable.)

Friend Christmas happens on sunday, so, I expect I will receive more vinyl.

EDIT: Confirmed, there was more vinyl- the Viet Cong "Cassette" EP. On Vinyl. I... I know.

Two gift cards to Chilis

Chicago Bears t shrit

Black sweater

Star Wars t shirt

Bears customized hoodie with my last name and the number 82 for the year I was born (me and my two brothers in law each got one for our respecive teams)

Regal cinema gift card

Men's facial kit with shave gel and face wash

Finn Balor "Balor Club" t shirt

I got socks, two cheap new sets of earbuds (I go through them like no one's business), a small wrench, and a Marshmallow Santa that I bought for one of the kids but was reallocated into my stocking out of pity.

I didn't ask for anything. I don't have time for the stuff I already have.

The kids did great and were very happy and the wife appreciated effort at least so that's all the gift I needed yesterday.

• Like 3

From my girlfriend alone:

Charging stand for my apple watch (also came with a stylus/pen combo)

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods & Resurrection of F 

Harley Quinn t-shirt

Framed photo of my girlfriend and I from our vacation in September

Amazon headphones

The entire James Bond film collection

Joker plushie

Sierra messenger bag.

From my friends:

Call of Duty Black ops 3 & Infamous:Second Son

Bubble vest with hoodie

Mini Bat-Signal light

Wine set

Bottle of Coquito

A Ps4(call of duty edition, but i want to trade it in for the Uncharted one), a really nice Bills hoodie and cap, some sleep pants and socks and a couple of books, "The kid stays in the picture" by Robert Evans and "A practical guide to racism"(which is one of the funniest books I've read in a while) and a couple of tee shirts.

Got a couple books, a gift card, couple magazine subscriptions, some jerky and homemade chocolate chip cookies.  It was my son's first Christmas, so fortunately everybody focused on him.  He got so much stuff that it barely fit in my giant sized SUV.  His birthday is less than two weeks away, and that will include a bunch of people that weren't around for Christmas, so he'll have another giant haul then.  Gonna have to ask people to tone it down for next year.

He got his first ever Lego (Duplo actually) set, so I'm super excited about that.  He also got a drum that might need to get accidentally misplaced.  He's more than capable of making enough noise without that thing.

• Like 3

Postage. I got postage, and it might just be the coolest thing ever... Said postage is being used to ship a bunch of books to one of my favorite writers, Kate Wilhelm, who is then going to inscribe all the books and send them back. I really don't know which is cooler, this or the fact that I get to edit a two-volume collection of Kate's best stories... Both are totally awesome, as is Mrs. OSJ for realizing that despite having an extensive collection of Wilhelm books, none of them were signed... 

• Like 2

I kind of got hooked up this year.

Got an XBOX One from the girlfriend, some clothes, giftcards, etc and was already pretty stoked about my haul.  Then went over to her parents house and they bought us a new Samsung 48 inch Samsung tv.  Now I just need to use one of those giftcards on Fallout 4 and I'm set.

A new friend:

I9pNy7.jpg

As a collector of wacky mascot dolls and a lover of mascots in general that gets a like.

As for what I got:

Ron Francis and Kevin Dineen Whalers jerseys (my childhood heroes).

Jack Eichel Sabres Jersey

A bunch of books including Up, Up and Away, two Don Cherry books, the autobiographies of Derrick Sanderson and Theo Fleury, the book by the PuckDaddy guy, the most recent Thomas Sowell book, Kenny Bollin's book, a book on hockey from the 70's, the Bill Apter book, the new Greg Guttfeld book and A Disgrace to the Profession by Mark Steyn.

Gift cards: 2 $25 Dunkin gift cards and a $25 Visa gift card.

• Like 1

I got a Star Wars "vintage" shirt, a Cubs shirt and socks.  A San Diego Chargers throw blanket that will probably be a collector's item some time down the road.  A bluetooth speaker for my shower.  A Deadpool water cup.  A one pound bar of Hershey's and a bag of Ramune gummy candy.  A couple of different gift cards.

The big winner was my son who got up at the crack of dawn this morning to play the copy of Lego Dimensions that he got from Santa.  He spent last night building the portal and he couldn't wait to roll out of bed and play it today.  I also got him a copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby and then, while he was out shopping with my wife yesterday, he used some Christmas money he got as a gift to buy a copy of Yokai Watch.  So he'll be busy for quite some time...

• Like 1

It was CRAPTACULAR.  Drop the TACULAR, please.

Three pairs of shoes (two of which are for spring/summer--eh), some underwear (OK), a few pairs of earrings (kinda ugly), two pairs of fuzzy house socks (meh), a back brush for the shower (just bought one myself), and a knit cap (I don't wear caps).  Oh, and some cash that wouldn't be so bad if I thought there was an ounce of sincerity behind it.  I'm being ungrateful to a degree, but I just want my stuff to reflect that someone actually considered me instead of just throwing me some garbage and expecting me to be happy with it.

Office gifts were pretty good, though:  a Yankee Candle cinnamon-scented ornament candle, another Winter-inspired candle, homemade sweet Chex Mix, homemade fudge, Lindor truffles, and two homemade kitchen towels (nicely crocheted).  The best gift was a bottle of Bath & Body foaming hand soap AND a $30 Hobby Lobby gift card from the same person who isn't one of my supervisors.

Got the wife a Micro3D printer. She loves the hell out of it already, so I got that one right.

I got a new laptop a couple of months ago, so didn't really do much for myself Christmas-wise (though I did get some more RAM for said laptop).

That's the sort of rant that you'd be midway through and then boom:

sid-vicious-powerbomb-o.gif

I just want to be appreciated is all.  Why in fuck's name give me something that's gonna wind up in the charity box and then you'll get mad when you find out I donated it?  I literally got shit I already have or won't use. 

It wouldn't bother me so much, but I actually put in time to buy things they had mentioned wanting/needing, and I get fucking pissed on with garbage/fuck off/final day at the flea market gifts.