DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

Why are we not discussing Johnny going full heel with the autograph and money taunts?

From what I've read during the summer, by him going full heel he's just revealing his true colors and being as much of a D-bag as his dad. I am waiting for him to do the crotch chop in future games and do a laugh like The Million Dollar Man.

Every once in a while, it's a barrel of monkeys watching one's Alma Mater curbstomp a team full of nobodies. Thanks, Jackets....

While it was surprising to see Georgia Tech beat Elon 70-0 and Towson beat UConn 33-19 on Thursday night, I have to say that I hope your favorite FBS program isn't the University of South Florida. If your team did not do well this weekend, at least feel solace in that South Florida is down 40-14 early in the 3rd quarter to McNeese State. Maybe Skip Holtz and Jim Leavitt weren't so bad after all.

Crazy finish to the Oregon State-Eastern Washington game, with EWU scoring with 19 seconds to go to take a 49-46 lead, and Oregon State moving the ball all the way to the EWU 35 for an attempt at a gametying FG with :09 to play, FG is NO good, and Eastern Washington upsets #25 Oregon State.

edit: Before this, all EWU were known for is their red football field (yes, like the Smurf Turf in Boise, they have a RED football field)

Posted Image

Crazy finish to the Oregon State-Eastern Washington game, with EWU scoring with 19 seconds to go to take a 49-46 lead, and Oregon State moving the ball all the way to the EWU 35 for an attempt at a gametying FG with :09 to play, FG is NO good, and Eastern Washington upsets #25 Oregon State. edit: Before this, all EWU were known for is their red football field (yes, like the Smurf Turf in Boise, they have a RED football field)

Why wasn't there 10 seconds run off when the Oregon St. WR got hurt with no time outs and 3 seconds left?

Not sure, I don't get the PAC-12 Network, but I think the FG team was on with :09 to play (at least that's what the Fox Traq said..)

Edit: Yeah, the FG was taken with :09 on the clock, and the missed FG ended at :02, so maybe there was an injury on the FG attempt

What's worse than having a FCS team come to your stadium week 1, score 31 points in a quarter, and 53 for the game, causing your team a humiliating defeat? Paying them $400,000 to come to your stadium week 1, score 31 points in a quarter, and 53 for the game causing your team a humiliating defeat.

I'd issue a South Florida fans suicide watch, but, um, I'm not sure South Florida has any fans.

I've just learned that South Florida is demanding the game not count, due to false advertising, as there is no such state as McNeese in the US, so obviously "McNeese State" is a fraud on the american people ;)

I've heard McNeese State is pissed because they heard they were going to South Florida, and ended up in Tampa

• Like 3

Crazy finish to the Oregon State-Eastern Washington game, with EWU scoring with 19 seconds to go to take a 49-46 lead, and Oregon State moving the ball all the way to the EWU 35 for an attempt at a gametying FG with :09 to play, FG is NO good, and Eastern Washington upsets #25 Oregon State. edit: Before this, all EWU were known for is their red football field (yes, like the Smurf Turf in Boise, they have a RED football field)

Why wasn't there 10 seconds run off when the Oregon St. WR got hurt with no time outs and 3 seconds left?

Ok, just got to watch the play.. What happened is that the clock was actually stopped when the play was over due to the first down (clock stops while they reset the chains).. so the clock was not running at the time of the injury, so there was no 10 second run off.

So when are these schools going to learn not to schedule the FCS teams that are actually, you know, good? Kudos to KSU and OSU for bypassing the cupcakes and not taking the easy way out, but YIKES.

So when are these schools going to learn not to schedule the FCS teams that are actually, you know, good? Kudos to KSU and OSU for bypassing the cupcakes and not taking the easy way out, but YIKES.

It's lose/lose, really.

Then again, UConn lost to a Towson team that went 7-4 last year and is three seasons removed from a 1-10 season..so there's that.

The Clemson entrance is getting a better hype job than some bowl games will later this year. Seriously, this is pretty cool.

I went to the Southern Miss game last night to see the kickoff of the Monken Era, so I missed that game. I finally got around to watching it this morning, and the way they shot the Howard's Rock tradition was truly awesome. I'm not even a Clemson fan and I was jacked.But I did get to see Southern Miss stretch their losing streak to 13 games, live and in person. So that was cool. I guess.

Here's the payouts for the FCS teams that beat FBS teams this week:

Eastern Washington, $450,000 from Oregon State;

• McNeese State, $400,000 from South Florida;

• North Dakota State, $350,000 from Kansas State;

• Northern Iowa, $350,000 from Iowa State;

• Eastern Illinois, $325,000 from San Diego State;

• Towson, $275,000 from UConn;

• Southern Utah, $225,000 from South Alabama

The Clemson entrance is getting a better hype job than some bowl games will later this year. Seriously, this is pretty cool.

I went to the Southern Miss game last night to see the kickoff of the Monken Era, so I missed that game. I finally got around to watching it this morning, and the way they shot the Howard's Rock tradition was truly awesome. I'm not even a Clemson fan and I was jacked.But I did get to see Southern Miss stretch their losing streak to 13 games, live and in person. So that was cool. I guess.

How does their offense look?  Can they move the ball with any success? If so they may have a shot against Nebraska's defense next week.

The offense started out really slow, but picked up in the second half when Bridgeford started going deep. Had a lot of success with the long ball when he had time to throw it. That said, you have nothing to worry about. The new OL is terrible. Do not adjust your monitor: We had 23 rushing yards on 24 attempts. And that number isn't all that skewed by sacks.

We also fumbled 5 times, losing 4 of them, so...if there's a stiff breeze in Lincoln on Saturday, we're likely to be putting the ball on the ground a lot.

My guess is we'll throw a thousand screens to the impossibly named Tyre-oune Holmes and hope to get out of there without embarassing ourselves too badly.

On the flipside, the defense played FANTASTIC and was the new light of my life until about 5 minutes left in the game. They're not good enough to match up with Nebraska, and our offensive issues will give you a lot of additional possessions to put points on the board, but I don't think they'll be the lay-down they were last year.