DVDVR Message Board

Merry Christmas 2015 and Happy New Year 2016.

The Natural

I always heard the line after that as "You will get a set of metal fillings, in your ear", and I wondered why you wouldn't get them in your teeth like normal.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to all, may you all get the gifts you desire (I asked for a California sea lion, would settle for a northern fur seal. I don't think either are likely

Got numerous books, with Up, Up, and Away being the one I most wanted. Basically a book on the history of the Expos, read the first 50 pages and I can't put it down. Really fantastic so far. Also got 3 hockey jerseys: Sabres Eichel, Whalers Ron Francis and Whalers Kevin Dineen (the last two were my childhood heroes).

Best Christmassy thing I've seen so far was Arthur Treacher singing "Santa Claus is Comin' To Town" on the Merv Griffin Show in 1965.

Sadly, there's no youtube of that.  You need to be sitting and watching antenna.tv for like 26 hours straight and maybe you'll see it.

So to make up for it, here's the Sanford & Son Christmas Carol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xrjK41kvE

Christmas Pro-Tip: Go to Youtue and search for "Jack Benny" and "Christmas" and then just hit play on everything.