DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK SIXTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

ICYMI: #Falcons WR Roddy White says Josh Norman is overrated. Keep in mind, Norman has more TDs than White this yr. profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/21/rod…

JL Sigman

@CarPanthersNews Yeah, so, how'd that first game against the Panthers go for ya, Roddy White? Oh, y'all lost? By, like, a lot?

Should be fun Sunday in the dome, no matter how many noise cancelers the Falcons try to bring in.

• Like 1

CAR Panthers News @CarPanthersNews

ICYMI: #Falcons WR Roddy White says Josh Norman is overrated. Keep in mind, Norman has more TDs than White this yr. profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/21/rod…

JL Sigman

@JLSigman

@CarPanthersNews Yeah, so, how'd that first game against the Panthers go for ya, Roddy White? Oh, y'all lost? By, like, a lot?

Should be fun Sunday in the dome, no matter how many noise cancelers the Falcons try to bring in.

Carolina is gonna outnumber Atlanta 4-1 fanwise.

• Like 2

A tweet by Mike Rodak, the Espn Bills guy. . .Good job there Rex. . . .

Bills LB Preston Brown said Tuesday that defensive play calls have been coming in late from the coaches' booth all season. "[Offenses] run people in and off because they know we're having issues with that upstairs in the box," Brown said, adding that even the slowest offenses have hurried to the line because they know the Bills are having communication issue.

Odell Beckham's appeal will be "expedited," which means it might be heard today and a ruling could come down tomorrow.

After his suspension was announced, the line for the SNF game moved from Vikings -4 to Vikings -7.

Game still worries me.

EDIT: Apparently the appeal will be heard Wednesday, with the results to be announced "well in advance" of Sunday's game.

CAR Panthers News @CarPanthersNews

JL Sigman

@JLSigman

Carolina is gonna outnumber Atlanta 4-1 fanwise.

Roaring Riot has done a fantastic job of getting Panther fans together this year for away games.  I do believe there's going to be a massive takeover in the Georgia Dome as I've seen a ton of tickets available from the enemy fans.

Also, playoff tickets for the Divisional Round go on sale at 6pm today on Ticketmaster if any of you Carolina people are interested.  I'm definitely trying to be in the building.

Stop me if you've heard this before...

@CameronNewton has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week after his 5 touchdown performance vs. the Giants!

#CAMVP

Good stuff. I think they need to finish this - I'm not putting words to that, we all know what I mean - or he's gonna get robbed in favor of Brady or Palmer. Probably Tom.

• Like 1

I don't understand people like that sanctimonious shit Dungy saying they should sit the starters.  2 games and you make history as one of only a handful of teams to go undefeated and have a shot at tying the 72 Dolphins.  Plus, they still need one more win to secure home field, right?  Go for it and rest up in the bye week.

I don't like the sitting guys talking point. Yeah, they could get hurt. But once you start thinking about sitting dudes, you start playing scared like the preseason, and that's when you're most likely to be injured.

Play 100%. You can get hurt walking down the side of the street.

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe they'd overturn it now, it'd undermine everything they're trying to project about player safety/concussions/etc, especially with that movie coming in a few days.

But given their track record, maybe it shouldn't surprise me at all that they'd shoot themselves in the foot.

So unless people are trolling on twitter it looks like Beckham suspension has been overturned.

At this rate if Rae Carruth was in fhe NFL today he would probably be considered active while in prison

Rumor seems to have started with Lawrence Tynes and he's apparently trolling.

He earned the suspension but this "OBJ is history's greatest monster" hysteria from some people is ridiculous. You would think he was Ndomikan Suh times ten by some people's reaction. The other guy is getting off easy for the anti-gay slurs (I don't want to hear "It's part of the game". It's totally unacceptable in 2015) and apparently this isn't the first time OBJ has had to deal with this crap. Doesn't excuse his actions but it makes them look less inexplicable.

He earned the suspension but this "OBJ is history's greatest monster" hysteria from some people is ridiculous. You would think he was Ndomikan Suh times ten by some people's reaction. The other guy is getting off easy for the anti-gay slurs (I don't want to hear "It's part of the game". It's totally unacceptable in 2015) and apparently this isn't the first time OBJ has had to deal with this crap. Doesn't excuse his actions but it makes them look less inexplicable.

Norman started that shit for body slamming OBJ in the first plays of the game. It was a no call and if it was flagged, none of that shit would have happened. The refs set that tone that anything goes between the two when that flagrant ass body slam happened.

That's an interesting take on a WR tangling himself up with a DB within the course of the play. What flag would you have thrown, excessive Mugging For A Flag?

I think they're both wrong, I'd be fine if Norman got dinged, but I don't see this "bodyslam" thing at all.

• Like 1

That's an interesting take on a WR tangling himself up with a DB within the course of the play. What flag would you have thrown, excessive Mugging For A Flag?

I think they're both wrong, I'd be fine if Norman got dinged, but I don't see this "bodyslam" thing at all.

The biggest upset of the 2015 NFL season is you beating out Kuetsar for most insufferable fan.

• Like 2

The biggest upset of the 2015 NFL season is you beating out Kuetsar for most insufferable fan.

I watched every game of the Jimmy Clausen era, I deserve this season.

• Like 3

Norman deserved a flag for the stuff with Beckham but it sure wasn't a bodyslam. Only reason Beckham hit the turf at all is that he decided to go limp to try and draw a flag instead of trying to stay on his feet...