DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 12-21-15

MGFanJay

Lastly ... the fuck was Nikki Bella wearing? "Wake up, girl, I think you won something!"

"And I just put on my 'jamas!" *shrug* WOMP WOMP!

Nikki looked like a video vixen from 1996.

Trying to shoehorn the Slammys into a Raw is never fun. 

That outfit is definitely something Foxy Brown would have worn on her Ill Na Na tour.  But Nikki looked good in it, so I can't knock the hustle.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if there is a way to talk about Noelle Foley without feeling at least a little bit like a creep. It was like that moment I realized the cheerleader from Heroes was the little girl from Remember the Titans. Weirds me out. 

I'll probably get over it, cause she's going to be huge to internet wrestling fans.

The tropes that people complain about in John Cena's face character are all present in Stephanie's heel character. It's not that she never gets comeuppance, it's that no matter the blow that she is dealt, you know she will come out and portray herself as completely unflappable. They could have her lose to Rhonda Rousey tonight on live Smackdown, and she would probably come out on Raw the next week and make zero mention of it, or laugh it off, or talk about what a big moment it was for the diva's revolution or something. 

Nothing makes your awards show seem more important than having half the winners not even show up.

This is what I was trying to get at but was said better here. It's the fact that nothing sticks. As a viewer I know there isn't any suspension of belief coming to think that Steph is gonna lose. Hunter does the same thing as Steph but at least he takes some bumps and sometimes puts guys over huge. With Steph she shows no vulnerability and if she is beaten she rages out and attacks a commentator and potatoes the shit out of him.

Now. If her reacting like this leads to her being "removed" from her authority because she is a liability I guess I'd be ok with it. Vince did win some battles and then lost the war with Austin. Steph doesn't even have her loses aknowledged in a meaninful way that gets the good guys over.

They are doing a much better job with Reigns now though.

I thought the whole point of WWE Network was not to muddle the broadcasts with shit like the Slammys.   I haven't cared about them since Owen Hart tried to convince me that winning a Slammy was a big deal.

Goddammit JT I came into this thread just to say that. 

He's real lucky Vader didn't beat his ass for dumping those drinks on him.

If you feel self-conscious about Noelle Foley, don't look up Dakota Runnels either.

I never saw Dakota as a little girl, so I can say I don't feel bad looking her up, and YOWZA!

(Born in 1994, acc. to Google ... carry the one ... okay, just checking ...)

Highlight of RAW was definitely Noelle Foley.  I feel bad for Mick's other daughter.  She doesn't seem to have gotten the same looks as her sister.   

Awww... Noelle's the only girl. The other elf was one of the two non-Dewey sons.

And speaking of Noelle ... is she named Noelle because of, y'know, Christmas n shit? Because when Foley Claus said her name, it really hit me, "Jeebus, Mick ..."

Yes. Christmas is Mick's favorite holiday, so he named her after it.

Eh, coulda been worse; she could have been named "Louie."