DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 12-21-15

MGFanJay

I get why you guys don't like Stephanie as an authority figure. I'm not trying to argue that it's a particularly smart course to have her as the main heel.

That being said, I really disagree with the sentiment that she's not letting Reigns get over on her. He's beaten up her husband, punched out her elderly father, mocked her publicly, laughed in her face and no-sold her attempts at power-plays, which is probably the most embarrassing thing you could do to a character like Stephanie who's whole self-worth is based around the power she wields.

Like, again, I get it. But IF she's going to be on TV in 2015, Roman Reigns has gotten over on her as much as any man could get over on any woman without hitting her.

• Like 7

The ending of the main was weird and lame.  They were so close to the ground compared to other bumps they already took, why not just jump?

It would have been great if Sheamus had jumped and Reigns caught him and held him off the ground until Dean could climb down.  They were close enough to the ground to probably be able to do it.

This was exactly the finish I thought they were going for.  Oh well.

Also, poor Zeb has been completely retconned out of existence.

The ending of the main was weird and lame. They were so close to the ground compared to other bumps they already took, why not just jump?

It would have been great if Sheamus had jumped and Reigns caught him and held him off the ground until Dean could climb down. They were close enough to the ground to probably be able to do it.

This was exactly the finish I thought they were going for. Oh well.

Where was Lana?

But there isn't a final defeat with her. She gets angry. Smacks the shit out of men. Her crew loses. And then she is right back to being a powerful villain. Since they won't bump her why not do something that really beats her. Like take her off TV and have her kayfabe lose her position but actually have it stick. I'm sure some folks do hate her because she is a heel. I hate her because she is the same character who just doesn't lose. If reigns or Ambrose won some stupid match that was a title versus her career or something and their victory over her kept her off TV... Youd make a huge baby face. But doing something like that and KEEPING her off TV is the only way she loses. And that's not happening.

• Like 2

Oh, and FUCK those fans who were chanting "this is boring" during the Sheamus beatdown. It's because of short-attention-span dipshits like this that actual wrestling is a dying art.

Can you really fault someone for finding Sheamus boring? You want to know how to make Sheamus even more boring? Put him in a faction with Barrett and ADR that will never be bought as a serious threat.

But there isn't a final defeat with her. She gets angry. Smacks the shit out of men. Her crew loses. And then she is right back to being a powerful villain. Since they won't bump her why not do something that really beats her. Like take her off TV and have her kayfabe lose her position but actually have it stick. I'm sure some folks do hate her because she is a heel. I hate her because she is the same character who just doesn't lose. If reigns or Ambrose won some stupid match that was a title versus her career or something and their victory for her off TV... Youd make a huge baby face. But doing something like that and KEEPING her off TV is the only way she loses. And that's not happening.

Baby Doll shoveled horse shit until she could find a way to escape. Just sayin'.

I get why you guys don't like Stephanie as an authority figure. I'm not trying to argue that it's a particularly smart course to have her as the main heel.

That being said, I really disagree with the sentiment that she's not letting Reigns get over on her. He's beaten up her husband, punched out her elderly father, mocked her publicly, laughed in her face and no-sold her attempts at power-plays, which is probably the most embarrassing thing you could do to a character like Stephanie who's whole self-worth is based around the power she wields.

Like, again, I get it. But IF she's going to be on TV in 2015, Roman Reigns has gotten over on her as much as any man could get over on any woman without hitting her.

Tonight was probably the best they've done with that.  Reigns was straight trolling her, and flat out called her a child who stomps her well-heeled feet when she doesn't get her way.

The big question remains unanswered, though--will Reigns or anyone else ever get the last laugh on her?

I have no real problem with Steph being on TV, but they need to do more like they did tonight--show her as a petulant brat who's losing control.  But at some point, she's got to eat a major loss.

She's allowed to beat up non-wrestlers without repercussions, and anytime she strikes a male wrestler they just stand there and take it.  And then she randomly reverts back to being a face when it's beneficial in terms of crowd support.  Beyond a Mary Sue at this point, just the fucking worst.

• Like 4

Maybe next week he will be revealed to have disguised himself as a make-a-wish kid to convince John Cena to come back and beat up Del Rio?

They could do it Dorf style.

Zeb is a Vietnam veteran, so it could be Cena's way of paying tribute to the troops.

Tonight was probably the best they've done with that. Reigns was straight trolling her, and flat out called her a child who stomps her well-heeled feet when she doesn't get her way.

The big question remains unanswered, though--will Reigns or anyone else ever get the last laugh on her?

I have no real problem with Steph being on TV, but they need to do more like they did tonight--show her as a petulant brat who's losing control. But at some point, she's got to eat a major loss.

She'll get pinned by Aurora Rose on her 18th birthday.

Tonight was probably the best they've done with that.  Reigns was straight trolling her, and flat out called her a child who stomps her well-heeled feet when she doesn't get her way.

I have no real problem with Steph being on TV, but they need to do more like they did tonight--show her as a petulant brat who's losing control.  But at some point, she's got to eat a major loss.

Part of the problem with that is, every time they do write her/HHH/Vince out, USA asks for them to come back.

Roman's unofficial stable could really use a female. It's clear WWE isn't going to the violence against women card anymore (and I for one am happy about that).

"You know I can't hit you, Steph. But I know someone who can..."

Out comes Team BAD in an Escalade. Sasha rolls out. Naomi and Tamina tell her not to. But Sasha gives them the hand, slaps Steph silly, does the knee strike and Bank Statement and afterwards her and Roman immediately start an on-camera relationship. Now Steph has a reason to mess with Sasha in the Diva's Division, too.

BAM! FANTASY BOOKING!

RE: Train being featured on the WWE Tribute for the Troops special, why does Vince hate America?

I swear to fucking god that song had been safely confined to Pottery Barn and the occasional badly DJ-ed wedding reception and now it's FUCKING OUT THERE AGAIN!!

• Like 1

RE: Train being featured on the WWE Tribute for the Troops special, why does Vince hate America?

How many times can you hear the Tribute to the Troops ad with Michael Cole calling it the most patriotic show of the year before wanting to jam a pencil into your ears? Yes, we get it. WWE is the greatest organization ever because they perform for the troops.

I guess I'm in the minority but I thought this version of Stephanie tonight was fine. She was a spoiled brat who wasn't getting her way. Roman and Dean are two chill bros who overcame the odds.

When she announced the main, I feared we were back to the dregs of the Seth Rollins Authority Era where every show is about antagonizing the audience and leaving them annoyed/bored.

• Like 2