DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 12-21-15

MGFanJay

Show was an ungodly slog to get through, but at least Dean and Sheamus tried in the main event. It's crazy to think that things done off the top of the cage are now just nearfalls, but here we are. Great finish too - Dean wins by getting his ass kicked, so Sheamus lost and then got his ass kicked by Roman.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/12/wwe-raw-12-21-15-slammy-awards.html

Screens -

Leader of the women's empowerment movement
ccfa26453889578.jpg

651be3453889581.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/sg93o8h4gidlcirj0l52puzsl53iebd7

So what stupid thing did Tom Phillips do to deserve that beating at the end of the show.

Even in 4 on 1 beatdowns Wade Barrett is mostly a jobber in that he doesn't do much

Only big question from the awards is how the fuck can you be off TV for 7 months and still win Tag Team of the Year.  Sure didn't win based on Jimmy's commentating work on Smackdown

Someone needs to make an animated gif of Ambrose giving Reigns the double gun point when he got the chair in the cage  :lol:

Why are the Slammy's still a thing?  Can they at least put this worked bullshit no one cares about on a network special so it doesn't drag the hell out of Raw?

At least the LON are finally starting to look like a legit threat rather than mid card jobbers.  I hope they keep building them up and then redo the confrontation they had with the Wyatts a few weeks back leading into Mania.

I don't dislike anyone more than I dislike Stephanie. And not in a good heel way. I just can't stand her at all. She will never ever get put in her place so everything against her is for nothing. She needs to go away and never come back.

Stupid finish to the main but Dean is great.

• Like 6

Ugh. It's horrible. She is the worst villain and since she isn't Shane she won't go flying off of anything or take CZW type glass bumps and be written off. I don't even care what baby face gets over on her because it won't matter at all.

Lessee ...

At least half of the Slammy winners were no-shows: check.

"Santino WHO?" said the Universe: check.

Steve Harvey fuck-up callback: check.

A pointless nod to the golden boy's knob-polisher: check.

Stephanie McMahon stands TALL~!*: check.

*Though it is good to see she's not exempt from the "Divas are hoes or crazy bitches" policy.

I forget, who was the Diva they said "isn't here tonight ... she went on a handshake tour with R-Truth, Big Show ..." not 45 seconds after R-Truth played Steve Harvey Lite?

This is the first episode of Raw I've watched since like July (and the second since Mania). In fact, I had to check my cable guide to see which channel was USA. I tuned in specifically to see the beginning of the Reigns Era. So there you go. Big Dog=ratings.

I've been something of a negative Nancy in the past (which is why I stopped watching-no fun banging your head against the wall every week), but I rather enjoyed this episode. Most of the matches were at least decent, and there was nothing that I actively hated. It helped that the show was mostly Authority-free, so I don't know how much I can count on that going forward. One minor quibble: I question the wisdom of naming your top heel stable after an organization that is best known for being completely ineffective. It'd be like if La Resistance were called the Maginot Line or something.

Like I said on Twitter, it is like they are still doing the Ronda Rousey WM storyline with Steph even though they know Rousey will never show up

Once she loses again and no longer is the IT Girl, she can take Vince's money with Dana's permission.

The ending of the main was weird and lame.  They were so close to the ground compared to other bumps they already took, why not just jump?

It would have been great if Sheamus had jumped and Reigns caught him and held him off the ground until Dean could climb down.  They were close enough to the ground to probably be able to do it.

• Like 2

Stephanie should have realized she was fucked when her plan relies on a faction including Sheamus, Wade Barrett, and ADR. Get Rusev the hell away from the League of Apathy.

The Wyatt's feud with Team ECW+Kane is never going to end, is it?

A show in Minnesota with no Brock?

The highlight for me was the small group of guys doing the "Heeey, we want some Bayley chant".

Given that this was a weird show that combined an awards show with what were, essentially, obvious filler matches, I actually thought it paced out fairly well.

It's weird that they must have actually let at least some of the awards be shoot votes, because it had to be a bit of a downer for the audience with the Cena, Sting, Brock/Taker, Rock no-shows, but whatever.

I didn't think it was a bad show but it wasn't really one where anything of note happened either. Main event had a pretty goofy "wrestling logic" finish but that's WWE cage matches for you.

This is the first episode of Raw I've watched since like July (and the second since Mania). In fact, I had to check my cable guide to see which channel was USA. I tuned in specifically to see the beginning of the Reigns Era. So there you go. Big Dog=ratings.

I've been something of a negative Nancy in the past (which is why I stopped watching-no fun banging your head against the wall every week), but I rather enjoyed this episode. Most of the matches were at least decent, and there was nothing that I actively hated. It helped that the show was mostly Authority-free, so I don't know how much I can count on that going forward. One minor quibble: I question the wisdom of naming your top heel stable after an organization that is best known for being completely ineffective. It'd be like if La Resistance were called the Maginot Line or something.

La Resistance being called the Maginot Line would have been both awesome and prophetic.

• Like 1