DVDVR Message Board

Couples costume suggestions for Comic Con?

BrianS81177

My girlfriend and I are planning our costumes for Seattle's comic con next year (she wants to make them rather than just buy or rent them so we need time for that). Since it's 3 days we agreed that I could pick 1, she could pick 1 and then we would have to agree on a 3rd. We've picked our two (Darryl/Andrea from Walking Dead was mine and Peeta/Katniss from Hunger Games was hers) but we still haven't decided on a 3rd. Can anyone offer some (legitimate) suggestions? It's gonna be crowded as fuck so we don't want anything where one of us would have to wear anything that would make us hot in a huge crowd (so no dressing up as Batman, Joker, etc). 

We've batted around a couple ideas (I've been pimping Green Arrow/Black Canary like mad) but can't find anything we both like. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Maybe a costume you've done yourself before or one you saw at a Con?

(I've been pimping Green Arrow/Black Canary like mad) but can't find anything we both like.

Sounds like something that way too many people will think is an awesome idea for a con in Seattle.  Go as Count Vertigo and Lady Shiva and interact with them.

What else has been suggested and what is the problem with those ideas?

(I've been pimping Green Arrow/Black Canary like mad) but can't find anything we both like.

Sounds like something that way too many people will think is an awesome idea for a con in Seattle.  Go as Count Vertigo and Lady Shiva and interact with them.

What else has been suggested and what is the problem with those ideas?

Leon & Ada from Resident Evil 4 (but she's not a big RE fan). Mako & Korra from Legend Of Korra (I've never seen the show and have no idea who they are). Howl & Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle (this is the front runner right now I think but neither of us are overly enthused about it).

Hawaiian shirt Joker and Barbara Gordon in a wheelchair.

Ooooh. We may have a winner. Thanks Pete. Never thought of The Killing Joke. I am ashamed of myself.