DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLE KINGDOM 10 in TOKYO DOME

Raziel

So, we're 2 weeks from WK 10, and the card is announced, so here it is for the 4 of us watching it.

Main Event: IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Kazuchika Okada © vs. Hiroshi Tanahasni

IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura © vs. AJ Styles

NEVER Openweight Championship

Tomohiro Ishii © vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Special Singles Match

Hirooki Goto vs. Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows © vs. Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Kenny Omega © vs. KUSHIDA

Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Championship

Jay Lethal © vs. Michael Elgin

NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship (vacant title)

Toro Yano and The Briscoe Brothers (Jay and Mark) vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luck Fale, and Tama Tonga

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish) © vs. Ricochet and Matt  Sydal vs. Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero and Trent Barretta) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson)

(Pre show)

New Japan Battle Royal

Pretty much everyone else not otherwise on the card.

Beat me to it today. All 'bout the top three matches for me. Watched all or nearly all the Tanahashi vs. Okada big matches since February 2012. I'd probably have them like this:

1. Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, King of Pro-Wrestling 2013.

2. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada, Invasion Attack 2013.

3. Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dominion 2012.

4. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada, Wrestle Kingdom 9.

5. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada, The New Beginning 2012.

6. Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, G1 Climax 23, Day Eight.

7. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada, Wrestle Kingdom 7. Easily the worst.

AJ worked against Lethal at Final Battle on Friday.  You can see that he is hurt but wasn't severly impacted his work in the ring.  I figure as long as Styles doesn't work a match until the 4th then he should be fine against Nakamura.  He is going to be sore as hell and probably out for months afterward but fine to have a really good match

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a tremendous show but I feel like they missed the boat on GBH's entrance after Makabe's voice work on Fury Road. They needed the Doof Warrior to play them out.

Tried in vain to get this on NJPW World this morning,then on a stream some guy recommended nut no avail,ended up following both mains on Twitter. Will wait for it to come on daily motion but would've loved to watch it live. Oh well.

Just started watching this. Have avoided all talk, so if I'm repeating things already said I apologize.

Never thought I'd see Cheeseburger face off with Fujiwara in a match that ALSO had Haku in 2016.

Jr. Tag match isn't really my deal, but everyone looked good hitting their stuff.

More thoughts as I work through the show...

Watching AJ vs Nakamura now, big fight feel~!

EDIT; That was awesome! The English commentary really takes away from it though. Striker is a tool. Great transitions and some hard hitting stuff. Triangle choke into a Styles Clash was my highlight as well as the fistbump at the end.

Top to bottom an awesome show. The Jr. Heavy match might get overlooked but that one armed powerbomb Omega hit was filthy. 

Nak/AJ met expectations. Can't say I liked it more than the Ibushi match last year, but that's a lofty bar to meet. 

Okada/Tana started pretty slow but that ending sequence was phenomenal and had me on the edge of my seat. Haven't spent a better ¥999 this year. 

Main event was fantastic,just a great great match. So many great spots-the count out tease, the near coast to coast drop kick, finisher trading, Okada hanging on to Tana's wrist at the end. The story took years to culminate but it was worth it.

The best thing I took out of this was Okada had to win to be the ACE of NJPW and at the end of the match he looked a million bucks.

• Like 1

I keep thinking Ishii has the same match every time out and I should be sick of it by now... and it never happens.  Those headbutts, completely ridiculous.  And repeatedly walking into Shibata's forearms to back him up was great too.