DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: London

RIPPA

Thrilled everyone's starting to see what Emma is really capable of. That's why I don't believe you give people silly gimmicks early on. Certain people will defend them to the death but they're limiting. Give people a good honest go of it doing something with a higher ceiling first. If they can't cut it but you still think they're talented, then try something dumb.

Corbin telling Crews to go back to ROH was amusing for various reasons

Whole time I heard that I am imagining Gabe throwing shit at any and all devices that can show the WWE Network.   All this ass kissing to get recognized and their wrestlers still think most of the talent comes from Ring of Honor    :lol:

Yeah I almost feel bad that one of the first thoughts I had when Bayley won was "Yes she is not being called up".     My guess is the Nia vs Asuka is a #1 contenders match and the winner faces Bayley at a Takeover show

Big Cass and Enzo not winning the title suck but the obvious next person in line is Jordan and Gable so putting the belts on them would mean one of the teams is turning heel when they shouldn't or they get a small title run for Cass & Enzo.  Sucks for them that the tag division is on fire right now

God I want Jordan/Gable vs. Dash/Dawson so bad. It'd be like Worlds Greatest Tag Team if they had Charisma vs. The Enforcers. I want that to Main Event a Special and get 20-25 minutes.

That's something I said when I saw the finish too, I was somewhat surprised that Enzo and Cass didn't win but then I remembered they've actually been building towards Jordan and Gable vs. Dash and Dawson for a few months now.  The seeds were planted during the Dusty Classic.  NXT delivers.

Yeah, I've been trending more Balor Positive recently, but that was about the most generic performance I've seen out of him in a while. Joe was game, but Finn didn't give him much to work with in return. The Joe/Ciampa match from TV was way better.

And Crews just continues to show me nothing besides great athleticism.

Really not a good night for the top faces of the future for NXT. Balor/Apollo as the main for Takeover Dallas would be a disaster, at this point. Hopefully, Zayn is locked in for more than a brief farewell tour, because they need him badly.

You know, I was being somewhat facetious when I said it in one of the other NXT threads, but after today, I really believe it: Enzo is better than Dean Ambrose right now. I mean, I know there are things that Ambrose can do that Enzo can't, but as far as working "unorthodox streetfighter" in the ring, all of Enzo's shit looks better.

Now if only somebody at the PC could teach Cass to throw his punches overhand. I swear, his limp wrist is all I see during his hot tags anymore.

I don't really want to discuss Ambrose in here too much (I still think he's great on the stick and he can be good if the match is a brawl/gimmick type fight) but Enzo is fucking awesome right now. I would not be worried about him if he were to break away from Cass which I do not want to happen any time soon. He's way better than Dolph Ziggler in pretty much every way.

I though that was a pretty great performance from Enzo, but an off night for Cass. Zayn/Balor would be my pick to headline Dallas, but if Zayn gets the call up they may have trouble finding a better match than Bayley/Asuka to headline.

Ambrose is one of my all-time favourites, but I'd be timid to get on the soapbox about him being all that good to begin with. I certainly don't think he's had a better match all year than Enzo had tonight. Closest Dean has come is that overwrought ladder match with Seth that went at least ten minutes too long and that Raw match against Big Show where he refused to die and ate a countout. Still love Dean though. 

With certain call-ups obviously looming, I hesitate to guess where they go with the Dallas card. All I'll say is I need to see Sami vs Corbin at some point before the bell tolls for either. 

Also, Dash and Dawson are awesome, that match was great, can't wait to see them assist Jordan and Gable... But fuck I'm ready for the Realest Guys to win the fucking belts.

Still... Northern Lights + Slingshot Suplex + Gourd Buster = me casting about specific moves for one of the very few times in the last decade.

Reading online, people mostly quite liked this show, but there is a lot of disagreement about which match on the card was best. For me, the two women's matches would be the best things they did tonight. After a bit of reflection, I'm fine with Bayley pulling a Cena and overcoming the odds, I suppose, because Bayley/Asuka is still there as a big match and Nia's not yet ready to be on top. Without the booking being an issue fior me, I can say that as a total package, it was definitely the best match despite the awful crowd trying to ruin it. Bayley is the never-say-die babyface that they want Reigns and even Cena to be, in that she is actually quite easy to root for in that role. 

Emma has been killing jobbers so beautifully the last few months on top of her work in this Asuka match that I would venture to say that she's now a top five striker in the whole company. Is that too far out there for other people?

Speaking of needing some time, I can't believe some of you wanted Nia Jax to win the title. She is obviously super green, but what stood out to me during this one was just how lacking she is in the athleticism department.  If your monster heel looks like she needs Bayley's help to lift her off the mat, she probably isn't that great of a monster heel.  Props to Bayley for making that match passable, but yikes.  Slow and methodical is what they are going for with Nia, but it seems more slow and plodding with a slight hint of looking lost after landing a big move.

Yeah, I really liked that match, but it was, like, 80% the Bayley Show, and really highlighted the WIDE chasm that exists between the Internet's idealization of Nia Jax and what she actually is right now. Everybody wants a Vader in that division, and maybe she will be at some point, but right now she's more like King Mabel.*

If you had told me before the match that Bayley would win decisively, I'd have said that's crazy.

After seeing the match, I was like, "...yeah, that makes sense."

Jax is not even close to ready to be the centerpiece of the division. At this point, I'm not even really sure what she could bring to an Asuka match, besides being a bigger target for asskicking.

*This being DVDVR, I fully expect someone to make the case for King Mabel. And I also fully acknowledge that there's probably a better correlation to be made, but that's just the first name that came to mind, and it's late, and FUCK YOU~.