DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: London

RIPPA

Another enjoyable show

I really really loved Asuka/Emma, the tag match and Bayley/Nia all in different ways.

The Main didn't do much for me for some reason - I am not saying it was bad, I just couldn't get into it.

Crews/Corbin wasn't good.

Asuka was the third best thing about that match (I haven't decided if its Emma #1 and Dana #2 or vice versa)

Bayley's match was awesome but so different than anything than you normally see. As I said on Twitter - I want Twitter's Gary Hart to now send monster after monster now

I have no idea what is going on with Crews

WOOO NXT I LOVE PRO WRESTLING SO MUCH AND I LOVE THAT CLASSES ARE OUT SO I CAN WATCH THIS LIVE

Is HHH coming out to masturbate? YEP. Face HHH in NXT/Heel HHH in WWE makes no sense, but it amuses me.

Emma and Asuka are both nasty strikers. Emma hit a hard fucking clothesline there that made me wince. This was a REALLY good opener where Emma pretty much showed to be a good striker and mat worker, but Asuka was just that much better at it. Also, Dana's shit-talking outside of the ring was great. I loved Emma almost getting the three off of a combination ending in an Emma Sandwich, not getting it, and the collapsing to the mat in frustration and fatigue. The finishing run ACTUALLY had me thinking that Emma would win at least three times even though I knew better.

Big Cass should continue to fist bump fans like Sid. Fist bumping fans could get anyone over. Hey, Roman should fist bump fans. 

Love the juxtaposition of Cass/Enzo and Dash/Dawson. Scrappy street fighters who win ugly against clinical limbworkers with polished double-team moves. This was definitely the best Cass/Enzo match ever. Again, the false finishes caught me off guard...though Enzo and Cass losing again really sucked. Are they ever going to win the big one? This has gone past the point of them getting oh-so-close. Now they look like two goofs that can't win the big one. 

Gonna be the outlier on this, but the London crowds constant annoying soccer-stadium chanting made me long for Full Sail. I've seen enough Preston City Wrestling that this sort of thing annoys me on a small scale, much less in a crowd this big. 

Crews is a fantastic athletic bumper. I think he doesn't get nearly enough love for his bumping and selling. "YOU SHOULDA STAYED IN RING OF HONOR" was a pretty good taunt and Corbin is fucking great at this point. He will be the pure heel that a roster needs because he comes off as genuinely unlikable as a human being and translates that very nicely into the ring in every way. Corbin actually needed that win, but I'm bummed that Crews lost. Really bummed. If Bayley loses on top of Enzo, Cass, and Crews, I might have to go sit in a room with the lights off, staring into a half-finished tumbler of whiskey while "The Crying Game" plays on repeat in the background. 

The Asuka/Nia Jax staredown was the best. But Bayley is definitely going to lose, I see.  :unsure:

Oh please the chanting of slightly-modified lines from old songs, make it stop please make it stop please please pleaseeeeeeee. They're chanting this shit while Bayley is getting murdered. She'd be like NO PLEASE STOP HITTING ON ME AT THIS VERY INAPPROPRIATE TIME AND DRAG ME OUT OF HERE INSTEAD RIGHT NOW PLEASE BEFORE I AM TOTALLY INCAPACITATED

This match rocked though. Laid out really well. I thought they might do a knock-out finish. Bayley continuing to fight through damn near everything was pretty great. Nia figuring out halfway through that she wasn't beating the shit out of Blue Pants anymore was excellent. THEN SHE GOT THE TAP OUT HOLY FUCK YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. I mean, it destroys Asuka/Nia undefeated for the gold as a money match, but on the other hand if NXT is going to be its own thing, Bayley as the Cena-like face of the division down there sounds great! Not sure about the booking of the finish, but whatever Bayley won woooooooooooo! 

Let's talk about Nia for a bit, who is really rounding into a nice little worker. She doesn't bump easily, everything has to be mega-earned against her, and she has awesome facial expressions. She really sold the "wait, I think I might have underestimated Bayley" realization as it dawned on her with each kickout VERY well. She is improving pretty rapidly. 

Finn being dressed like Jack the Ripper was pretty cool actually...until he just had the demon garb on underneath. 

Joe was king-sized in this match. His badass aura is all the way back. Great match that got the crowd to chill out on the goofy chants. Finn did a fine job of bumping around even if his offense looked a bit off. Joe doing his Godzilla roar as Bálor fired up to finish him off was great. Then Bálor won and I was sad. This has felt like a looooooong title reign, and not in a good way. I assumed they were going to do Finn ----> Crews with the gold, but now I think they'll have Corbin win it off Finn and lose it to Crews eventually. 

Another great show top-to-bottom. One day, a Takeover will disappoint, but I'll be shocked when that happens. 

If they were gonna deliver an average ass movez match, I have no idea why they even bothered turning Joe.

Thankfully the rest of the show overdelivered, because wow that left it on a sour note.

Also whoever laid out the matches tonight needs a raise. I bit on a ton of false finishes. They did a good job spacing them and making them feel legit instead of just move-kickout and it ruled.

Not really a hell of a lot to complain about on this show. I would prefer Crews/Corbin to work a more old school fistfight kind of match, but I get that's just not how shit works anymore. Everything here was at the very least fine, lots of high end action.

Love how in the main event they didn't use the Muscle Buster. Puts it over as a doomsday move and saves it for later.

Hell of a show. I love, love, love, love, loved Bayley vs Nia Jax. David Mamet must have been the road agent for that, what with doing everything in 3s. Definitely Vader/Sting inspired and I'm surprised they didn't put the title on Nia Jax. I'm wondering where Bayley goes from here since Asuka/Nia Jax was teased.

Tag match was another surprising finish. I thought FOR SURE we'd have new tag champs. Pretty good match despite Big Cass just giving up on selling his hurt knee.

I also really dug Emma vs Asuka. Some really great false finishes in there. A bunch of times I thought the match would end one way, only for it to keep going.

Main event was awesome, but I liked Bayley vs Nia Jax more. For the first time, I really wasn't feeling what Balor was doing. He relied too much on his 5 moves of doom and it all felt very formulaic on his end. I expected Sami Zayn to come out at the end too and that didn't happen.

Man I loved this show and especially both women's matches.  Asuka and Emma was a great back and forth. I thought Emma looked like a star tonight and Asuka is such a well rounded performer it's insane how good she is at everything both with charisma and in-ring skill.  I liked that they threw enough shit in there with Dana to make us think for a second that maybe Emma could steal it. 

I really loved Bayley vs. Nia Jax and it didn't bother me at all that Bayley won with a guillotine choke. Nia threw everything at her and dominated the match but got caught slipping by a more experienced wrestler. That's why Bayley is the champion.  That's why Nia now has to go back and improve her awareness a bit. 

The Asuka and Nia tease was fucking great too.

Bailey/Nia Jax and Asuka/Emma were the best matches of the night. So different but so much fun.

Crews/Corbin was'nt really good but in my mind the right guy won. Corbin needed a big win.

Tag Title match was pretty fun until Big Cass completly blew off the knee work which was so bad. I'm not the biggest limb sell guy but when everything you do in your comeback involves the knee (the stomps during the schoolboy, the running and jumping part, etc) it's too much for me. Especially when your a big guy. Again the right guy's won in my mind.

Jordan and Gable next Tag Champs!

Main event was pretty good not great. Just like every Balor big match, I just cant seem to get into it. Story and action where pretty good.

Asuka Emma was a very good opener. Dana as a mouthpiece works really well. And the sell of Asuka's kick...really well done.

Tag title match. Lets hope this means that Enzo/Cass/Carmella are getting a call up. Because I don't think they can do anything else. The chants of "Which one's dawson, which one's dash" and Big Cass to Hey Jude were spot on. Enzo was on one tonight - Cass, less so. He looked as if he was going through the motions.

Crews Corbin. Shite. Thought after the moonsault kickout we'd see the moonsault ssp combo - but alas, they're moving corbin up to the main event of nxt it seems. 

I never realised I wanted to see a Nia/Asuka match until now.

Bayley Nia. Short of the complete annihilation of Bayley, this is pretty much what was expected. The ref coached Nia really well - and Bayley is gonna be sore tomorrow after those samoa drops. that second one where she didnt tuck her legs in looked nasty as fuck.

And I really enjoyed the main. Yes, it was a Samoa Joe's greatest hits match, but it really worked. It's surreal as hell to see them both in a WWE ring - but the sense of occasion, the crowd and Joe/Finn working their bollocks off really made it. That finished stretch as well. Loved it.

Did Finn catch a stinger or get his lights dimmed during the match. Dr Zpack was out there at the end for a while with Finn.

Lets make this a yearly event, yeah, NXT? Yearly takeover in dat der london village...please.

Finn/Joe was outstanding, even if it started slow. Asuka/Emma was the second best match on the show. Emma has become such a great heel. Hard to believe she's come so far from that bizarre dancing gimmick. 

Everything else ranged from really good (Bayley-Jax) to merely ok(the tag title match).

Good way to cap off a really good week in WWE. 

ASUKA. ‏@FromAsukaCity  4m4 minutes ago

Thank you to all those in attendance at #NXTTakeoverLondon. I hope to see you all next week... 

...I hope to see you, Nia... (≧∇≦)

So yeah... no idea what they are going to do with Bayley

I thought the tag match was the best thing on this show, with the opener and the main event decently close behind.  Wasn't really digging Balor either, but Joe is still that dude.  Sucks that he lost, but maybe he really is going to the main show.  They should just do Joe/Cena at WM! 

It's good to see some heels win on this show.  The right heels, even.  Love me some Enzo and Cass, but the next face team to win the title HAS to be Jordan/Gable.  I thought it was the right move.   Corbin is miles ahead of Crews right now so another solid booking move with that one.  Crews needs time and I wouldn't be suprised if Corbyn is about to pivot to either Balor or Zayn. 

Speaking of needing some time, I can't believe some of you wanted Nia Jax to win the title. She is obviously super green, but what stood out to me during this one was just how lacking she is in the athleticism department.  If your monster heel looks like she needs Bayley's help to lift her off the mat, she probably isn't that great of a monster heel.  Props to Bayley for making that match passable, but yikes.  Slow and methodical is what they are going for with Nia, but it seems more slow and plodding with a slight hint of looking lost after landing a big move.

• Like 1

To Corbin, it's all the same. ROH. Evolve. What the fuck ever, man. 

Well let's be honest - I doubt Corbin has heard of ROH in his little world

Which means someone fed him the line

Which means someone is an idiot... or something thinks Crews is Cheeseburger

• Like 7

To Corbin, it's all the same. ROH. Evolve. What the fuck ever, man. 

Well let's be honest - I doubt Corbin has heard of ROH in his little world

Which means someone fed him the line

Which means someone is an idiot... or something thinks Crews is Cheeseburger

Or someone realized the heelish thing for Corbin is to not give 2 shits about where the fuck he came from and just say the one that he thinks has the biggest name.

• Like 2

I also don't see the problem with Crews losing. Having him lose to Joe on the house shows telegraphed the finish of the match with Corbin, but outside of that, he wasn't going to stay unbeatable. 

Corbin is going to have a good career. I didn't think that match was all that bad. I thought it was ok, but Corbin outshone Crews and is clearly the more polished wrestler.

After losing to Asuka? I like that in NXT, you don't become a contender after a loss so wins actually matter, unless I'm forgetting about something.

Or they do a battle royal to determine a #1 contender and Emma wins that.