DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 27: Condit vs. Kampmann II (8/28/2013) - Indianapolis, IN (Bankers Life Fieldhouse)

Elsalvajeloco

Condit_vs_Kampmann_II.jpg

UFC Fight Night 27: Condit vs. Kampmann II
August 28, 2013
Indianapolis, IN (Bankers Life Lifehouse)

Carlos Condit (170.5) vs. Martin Kampmann (170) - Condit, TKO (strikes), R4 (0:54)
Donald Cerrone (156) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (155.5) - Dos Anjos, DEC (unanimous)
Kelvin Gastelum (170) vs. Brian Melancon (170) - Gastelum, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (2:26)
Court McGee (170) vs. Robert Whittaker (170.5) - McGee, DEC (split)
Takeya Mizugaki (135.5) vs. Érik Pérez (135.5) - Mizugaki, DEC (split)
Brad Tavares (186) vs. Robert McDaniel (185) - Tavares, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Sports 2 Preliminary Card:
Dylan Andrews (185) vs. Papy Abedi (184.5) - Andrews, TKO (punches), R3 (1:32)
Justin Edwards (170) vs. Brandon Thatch (170) - Thatch, TKO (strikes), R1 (1:23)
Darren Elkins (145) vs. Hatsu Hioki (146) - Elkins, DEC (unanimous)
James Head (170.5) vs. Jason High (171) - High, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (1:41)

Facebook Preliminary Card:
Zak Cummings (170.5) vs. Ben Alloway (170) - Cummings, SUB (d'arce choke), R1 (4:19)
Roger Bowling (155.5) vs. Abel Trujillo (155) - No Contest (Bowling unable to continue after illegal knee), R2 (4:57)

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Knockout of the Night: Brandon Thatch
Submission of the Night: Zak Cummings
Fight of the Night: Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann 

Attendance: 6,417
Gate: $355,290
Rating: 0.69 (824,000 viewers)

Cancelled Bouts:
Dustin Ortiz vs. Justin Scoggins - Bout Nixed
Nandor Guelmino vs. Derrick Lewis - Injury to Lewis
Sara McMann vs. Sarah Kaufman - McMann Withdrew
James Head vs. Bobby Voelker - Voelker Moved to Another Event
Kelvin Gastelum vs. Paulo Thiago - Injury to Thiago (Knee)

Has this been advertised at all?  I haven't seen a single mention of it on TV.  If not, they are going to take a huge plunge from the first FS1 card ratings.

I saw one commercial. ONE.

Can Carlos Condit's schedule be cleared up so he can murder Rory MacDonald for me again?  MadDonald called out Condit after he beat BJ Penn yet Condit is fighting Kampmann while MacDonald gets Robbie Lawler?

• Like 1

Posted Image

So now Carlos Condit's 27 out of 29 wins ended with a finish, 14 by ko and 13 by submission. Impressive.

Natural Born Killer is about as apt a nickname that exists in MMA.  He may be my favorite fighter to watch.  Am I the only one who wants to see a Carlos Condit/Matt Brown fight?  i know that Condit is much higher on the card, and there is no upside to that fight, but it would be an absolute war while it lasted. 

Condit has always been one of my favorite fighters.  His only weakness is that he comes off as not among the physically stronger guys in the division and is prone to get out-muscled in the clinch and also has problems with takedowns.  If he could stop takedowns he'd be the top guy in the division because he's such a good striker, can take a punch, and is very dangerous on the ground.  And yeah a Matt Brown fight would be pretty sweet.  

Natural Born Killer is about as apt a nickname that exists in MMA.  He may be my favorite fighter to watch.  Am I the only one who wants to see a Carlos Condit/Matt Brown fight?  i know that Condit is much higher on the card, and there is no upside to that fight, but it would be an absolute war while it lasted. 

I'm pulling for Condit/Askren.

Condit needs to kill Rory MacDonald for me before he fights Matt Brown.

Poor Martin learned the bitter lessons of Where the Body Goes, The Head Follows.  That body attack from Condit was fucking brutal.  With every shot to the kidneys and the breadbasket, you could see Kampmann's Street Fighter health bar go lower and lower.

It was too bad that someone had to lose that fight.  I like Main Events where both guys actually come prepared to fight and win by murdering the other dude.

And Holy Shit, Gastelum is a fucking monster!

• Like 1

the Condit/Kampmann fight  was a classic. it continued to get better as it went on, and you could just sit back and watch Condit get more and more comfortable while dealing more and more damage. THIS is the reason main events are 5 rounds. It would've been a shame to see this end as a 3 round decision.

didn't notice beforehand that the Gastelum fight was at Welterweight. Everybody else is correct, he IS a beast.

Perez/Mizugaki was my personal FOTN. i'm not a huge fan of the feather- and underweights, but fights like this make them totally worthwhile.

• Like 1

Condit should fight exclusively in five round fights.  He is always in tip-top shape, but seems to be a bit of a slow starter.  He probably would have won the first Kampman fight if it was five rounds, and the Hendricks fight was turning his way by the end too.  I would like to see all fights between legit contenders be five rounds, because if you can't last five rounds with a top contender you probably won't beat the champ. 

• Like 2