DVDVR Message Board

An 8 Bit Mind - In an 8 Gigabyte World - Foz's Video Game Blog...

SirFozzie

Couple new posts, as Fozzie succumbs to the Warcraft version of Tulip Mania, and starting the "16 for 2016" a four part series  highlighting sixteen games due out in 2016. Part 1 features XCom2, Total War:Warhammer, Gears of War 4 and Deus Ex:Mankind Divided. Can you guess which game gives Foz that Han Solo "I've got a bad feeling about this" feeling?

https://www.an8bitmind.com/

Part 2 of 16 for 2016 will be up tonight, but wanted to provide the other 12 games I've put on the list.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 
Street Fighter V 
Mirror's Edge Catalyst 
No Man's Sky (The new Order: 1886? Everyone talks about how beautiful it is, reminds me of the hype about Order)
Doom
Final Fantasy XV
Mass Effect: Andromeda (Believe it when I see it)
Tom Clancy's The Division
Overwatch
Cyberpunk 2077
Battleborn
Mighty Number 9

I'm with you on Total War: Warhammer. It has every ingredient to be pretty damn amazing as far as TW's first entry into pure fantasy, but if they blow this it's going to be seen as a historic flop in some circles. If it comes out right though, oh it's gonna be really really right.

They're asking full up $70+ Canadian for it so shit had better be real. And don't give me any of that Dawn of War Game of the Year hoseshit where half the core Warhammer races aren't even in the game either. That will not fly.

Warhammer- I agree it's going to end up being epic awesome or epic flop.   I'm a little pessimistic on it- CA is very inconsistent- and they're due to lay an egg.

I did play the SFV Beta today- I like what I saw, but among SF fans it's going to be a polarizing title because they got rid of so much.    Also it's clear that they've got work to do engineering-wise, and about 4 weeks+ however old this build was before they go gold.  I expect a rough first week to month but something they'll recover from. 

There also was a nasty glitch Xian discovered that needs to go as well, but that's doable.

We have an update on the Steam account security problems suffered on Christmas Day. Doesn't LOOK like a major data breach (of credit card details), but even if not (wait and see).. a huge black eye for Steam on probably the worst possible day for them.

https://www.an8bitmind.com/index.php/2015/12/26/steam-suffers-major-account-security-issue/

We begin the post-Christmas dead zone as winter finally shows up in New England... with a new Harmonix game, and a game named Hardware:Rivals that doesn't involve console fanboys beating the holy beejezus out of each other for a live studio audience. Unfortunately.

https://www.an8bitmind.com/index.php/2015/12/28/the-post-christmas-dead-zone/