DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - KANTARO HOSHINO

RIPPA

God - I still can't believe his last match was a street fight with Gedo in fucking 2008 (which isn't fucking online)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyibg1_inoki-choshu-hoshino-vs-murdoch-orton-jr-hall-njpw-11-17-88_sport

Hoshino/Inoki/Choshu vs. Murdoch/Orton/Hall

I want those fucking jackets

And here is this match which I reviewed a few issues ago that I enjoyed the hell out of

ANDRE THE GIANT/TONY ST. CLAIR vs. SEIJI SAKAGUCHI/KANTARO HOSHINO (June 13, 1985)

(RIPPA)
I think there is a misconception that I hate comedy wrestling. That is not true. I hate comedy wrestling when it involves Santino Marella. Well and some other guys – but definitely Santino. However, I love love love comedy wrestling when it involves Andre the Motherfucking Giant. And this isn’t comedy in the sense of “Oh we called the ablino wrestler milky” it’s Sakaguchi and Hoshino dealing with the consequences of poking the bear that is Andre. I mean Hoshino is in borderline mini territory and Sakaguchi – while normally not considered small – isn’t exactly eye to eye with Andre. So you have wacky bits of them trying to deal any damage to Andre and you have an irritated Andre looking to vengence. It also works well when you have usual grumpy Andre yelling at fans coming to the ring. It is good comedy wrestling when you are watching Andre’s expressions as Hoshino tries a single leg takedown. And it is really good comedy wrestling when the entire crowd is chanting for Hoshino. No one is being made to look bad and even when they aren’t doing the wacky bits – you have St. Clair fucking wrestling. And the length of the match and the finish are perfect. This is the greatest Saturday Morning Slam match ever.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuibq_team-njpw-vs-team-uwf-3-26-1986_sport

Awesome, this gives me a chance to post the Team NJPW vs. Team UWF world-beater of an elimination tag

Antonio Inoki, Tatsumi Fujinami, Kengo Kimura, Umanosuke Ueda & Kantaro Hoshino vs. Akira Maeda, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Osamu Kido, Nobuhiko Takada & Kazuo Yamazaki

#4 on your NJPW '80s Set, and for good reason. Don't be turned off by the length, it's totally worth it, even if the end is a little predictable. Kantaro is always great in these tags as the hard-punching little firebrand. 

Oh and if you look for Hoshino on Dailymotion, you get a lot of big Asian boobies from Aki Hoshino so if you're worried about going down a different rabbit hole...