DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

The Rams have said that both GM Les Snead and coach Jeff Fisher are safe for 2016.

Seriously, the untouchability of Jeff Fisher is one of the biggest mysteries in football.

He's the king of the 8-8 season. 5 times in 20 years, his teams have had an 8-8 record. One other time they were 7-8-1. His teams have won 7 or 8 games 9 times in 20 years. They've won 10+ 5 times.

However, if you take away 2008 (when Tennessee was 13-3), he's 2 games over .500 for his entire career - which includes two other 13-3 seasons.

Rams had the bad luck of picking first overall one year before they instituted the rookie salary cap. So because of that they were kinda stuck with sticking with Bradford when another team probably would've cut bait with him. The lack of QB has really set them back because for a couple seasons now they've had a pretty good defense. Of course, the one chance they had to get out from under Bradford they ended up trading for a QB who's just as bad and saddles them with an onerous contract so their decision making is pretty suspect. 

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I sometimes like the Color Rush. Jax were horrid, Cowboys seem to have gotten off light, but I like the garish Rams yellow and the ketchup Bucs. 

Wonder if the LA Rams wear the bright yellow to tie them into the Lakers...

Not really sure having expensive seats/tickets is something to brag about, Mr. PSL.

Oh yeah, nice job trying to copy the Bold City Brigade. Too bad you Panthers fans can't tailgate for shit, tho. ;)

Just joshing ya brother, I'm in NYC now and I'd greatly rather watch from home than that shithole out in Jersey.

• Like 1

Not really sure having expensive seats/tickets is something to brag about, Mr. PSL.

Oh yeah, nice job trying to copy the Bold City Brigade. Too bad you Panthers fans can't tailgate for shit, tho. ;)

Just joshing ya brother, I'm in NYC now and I'd greatly rather watch from home than that shithole out in Jersey.

You're talking about New Jersey, be more specific.

• Like 1

How's your 19k $ a day newspaper and cardboard box apartment rent?

How's your 19k $ a day newspaper and cardboard box apartment rent?

Pretty great. Tax rate is awesome and I love people from South Brooklyn where I live. Not the rednecks of NYC at all.

• Like 2

Not to nitpick but the last time they faced an undefeated team, they lost.  Also, you may wonder why I'm putting up everything positive I can about the Panthers this year.  We aren't that far removed from 1-15.  You better believe I'm going to enjoy every second of this.

• Like 2

Not to nitpick but the last time they faced an undefeated team, they lost. Also, you may wonder why I'm putting up everything positive I can about the Panthers this year. We aren't that far removed from 1-15. You better believe I'm going to enjoy every second of this.

Agreed. It's doubly sweet because - speaking only for myself - I really didn't expect much from this season. 9-7 and the division would have made me happy. Would have never dared to dream of 13-0 with the division locked up in early December.

• Like 1

The most damning evidence of the Patriots' cheating is that they somehow won 11 games one year with Matt Cassel at quarterback.

That could just be a perfect combination of luck, their system and schedule. They didn't make the playoffs anyway, so there's that.

It was also 5 games down on the previous year! Throwing to Moss and Welker. Light, Mankins, and Koppen all in front of him. Defensive front of Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren. That was, all bias aside, a fairly tasty team.