DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

I don't understand that move.  The Ravens' season is over.  Why sign a new QB with 3 weeks left?  Just tank that shit and get a better draft pick.

Unless they think Flacco's leg is fucked up enough that he may not be back and ready to play by August.  Or they're preparing for a post-Flacco Ravens team.

Oh boy, as a Steelers fan I wholeheartedly support a post-Flacco Ravens rebuild effort that includes Ryan Mallet as the starting QB.

Belichick really should get a cut of all the money his ex QBs make. I swear, more worthless career backups steal pay checks just by virtue of carrying Tom Brady's clipboard than I've ever seen. At least Favre's backups (Brunell, Hasselbeck) were actually good.

Oh boy, as a Steelers fan I wholeheartedly support a post-Flacco Ravens rebuild effort that includes Ryan Mallet as the starting QB.

Belichick really should get a cut of all the money his ex QBs make. I swear, more worthless career backups steal pay checks just by virtue of carrying Tom Brady's clipboard than I've ever seen. At least Favre's backups (Brunell, Hasselbeck) were actually good.

As a fan of a team who plays him twice a year, you;re a good one to ask.  How do opposing teams view Flacco?  I'm a Ravens fan and I personally think he's frustrating as fuck.  Just wildly inconsistent.  I recall Deadspin saying something like, "he's like that superhero who has no idea how to control his powers."

It's because Matt Schaub is already hurt and Jimmy Clausen is Jimmy Clausen.

True, but signing Mallet for $2.5 million is just dumb.  Where is Tavaris Jackson when we need him? 

He's in Seattle collecting a nice paycheck by being the best OT coin toss caller in the league.

Good lord...  From reddit:

Cam Newton is the only player to have at least 5 rushing TD's for each of the last 5 seasons.

Yes, player, not QB.

Kinda illustrates what a meat grinder running the ball is. Oof.

Wow.  Yeah, Google "NFL top running backs 2011" and be prepared for a shock.  Of course, Petersen would be there with Newton if not for his Guantanimo-style parenting sills.

True, but signing Mallet for $2.5 million is just dumb.  Where is Tavaris Jackson when we need him? 

It's not really for 2.5 million.  Those are just escalators he can earn if he actually, *shivers*, starts some games.  It's likely for the minimum.

That's got to be a prorated salary, right? If not, then that's incredibly stupid.

LeGarrette Blount is done for the year

The Pats added Montee Ball to their practice squad so figure he will score 3 TDs in the playoffs - probably two against the Broncos

Football sucks. And I do not like the vast majority of you.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8979-1387487640-9.g

Enjoy watching your team's hopes die this week. 

Haha, joke's on you, my team's hopes have been dead since April!  TAKE THAT

:)

Due to him playing 70% of the Jets snaps this season - the Jets now have to give the Texans a 6th round pick for Ryan Fitzpatrick (when the trade was announced it was a conditional 7th)