DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

Psssh. Everyone knows the Pats were an expansion team in 2001.

As a Pats fan I believe alot of our fans may believe that though they might think they joined in 2000 though you know for growing pains and that Bledsoe guy was our QB for a while, and know they will be great for all time!!!! And Belichick should get fired everytime we lose a game because he's losing it. Spoiled ass bandwagoners how many even know Pete Carroll coached the team (awfully).

As a Pats fan I believe alot of our fans may believe that though they might think they joined in 2000 though you know for growing pains and that Bledsoe guy was our QB for a while, and know they will be great for all time!!!! And Belichick should get fired everytime we lose a game because he's losing it. Spoiled ass bandwagoners how many even know Pete Carroll coached the team (awfully).

Really?! 27-21 over three seasons? Was the roster still that loaded all those years after Tuna took the Jets project that they were good enough to win 12-13 games every year? Doubtful. Even Bledsoe's last great year was '97. I mean in 2000 Belichick coached the same jackals to an even worse (than Carroll) 5-11.

Its only the preseason, but I love watching the Texans crush the Cowboys!America's team? They're not even Texas's team!

I haven't the foggiest how that oblong-headed generic stat compiler Matt Schaub inspires confidence in anybody. I mean for as many times as Romo has wet the bed he at least has enough improvisational genius to his game that he could pull wins out of his ass RoboQB androids like Schaub are simply incapable of pulling off.Besides the Texans are barely a notch above the Cowboys since they actually made the playoffs the past couple of seasons. But if they were going to win anything once in the playoffs, they would've by now. It ain't happening for the Texans and it sure ain't happening with a middle aged Schaub at the helm; regardless of how watered down the AFC is compared to the NFC.
Matt Schaub has the same number of playoff wins as Romo. Schaub led the league in passing in 2009 and threw for 527 yards (second most of all time) against the Lions last year AFTER getting kicked in the junk by Suh.Texans are a run-first team anyway. They'll live and die by their defense and Arian Foster.

Really?! 27-21 over three seasons? Was the roster still that loaded all those years after Tuna took the Jets project that they were good enough to win 12-13 games every year? Doubtful. Even Bledsoe's last great year was '97. I mean in 2000 Belichick coached the same jackals to an even worse (than Carroll) 5-11.

Yes. His only really good year qas 1997, which was mostly parcells team then the team fell off and finished the next two seasons in forth place of the AFC East, lucking into a wildcard berth in 98 because the entire rest of the AFC sucked so bad they let 4 teams from one division make the playoff and then lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars, for the only time in Patriots team history. They also let Curtis Martin get signed by the Jets to get first and third round picks and got Robert Edwards for a RB with the the first rounder and he looked good as a rookie but then tore his knee apart playing beach football during Pro-Bowl week and used the third rounder on a fullback. Of course this isn't all on Carroll the team was not managed well and I fear for what will happen when Brady and Belichick retire but really Carroll did nothing to inspire faith as a head coach and as a fan at the time I more than welcomed any change in coaching when it happened (unless it had ended up being Norv Turner). All this said if Carroll wanted to come back after Belichick retired he's more than welcome, it looks like his time in college may have helped him develop into the head coach that NFL teams thought he could have been back in the 1990's.

The mass amount of Dallas Cowboys fans in Southwest to Central VA has always perplexed me

Is that generally spread across all demographics?I could see a large number of black fans in VA not wanting to support the "racist" team in DC, in the same way black baseball fans in Philly in the 1950s supported the Dodgers (team of jackie robinson) over their hometown team which had racial issues. But thats just a theory with no data. :)Also, did that area produce any famous players who were stars in dallas? That seems to be the other explanation when you have a weird pocket of fans in an incongruous location.

The main reason there are tons of Cowboys in VA, MD, and DC is because they are sick of the Skins and like to fuck with them.  I don't think racism has anything to do with.  Half of the Cowboys fans in my area don't seem to have a clue about the team. 

I assumed Tebow was signed

1. as a personal favor from Beli to Urb and

2. because if he made the team they'd put him in to score a rushing TD against the Jets

He was just too terrible to justify keeping.

This is the reason why the Pats are always in talks about the Super bowl while the Jets are in talks for trying to make the playoffs.  The Jets signed him for marketing and financial reasons, realized he was terrible, and still get him on the roster with no desire to use him.  The Pats saw he was terrible and didn't waste a roster spot on him.

I assumed Tebow was signed

1. as a personal favor from Beli to Urb and

2. because if he made the team they'd put him in to score a rushing TD against the Jets

He was just too terrible to justify keeping.

#2 reminds me of early last season when Harbaugh put Kaepernick in the game vs. the Jets and he scored a rushing TD.  Pretty much trolling the Jets, who didn't know how to use Tebow in the same role at all. That and the one play vs. Green Bay, are the only times Kaep played before Alex Smith got that concussion.

Other things on cut day

Skins are keeping 4 QBs for now

Giants decided to go with Curtis Painter over David Carr

Greg McElroy was the Jets QB show the door

Chargers released Robert Meachem