DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

I love the weird pockets, like that one lone county that roots for Indy(or New England?) in Iowa.

Or that lone county in the whole country that supports the Jets."On the other end of the spectrum, the Jets have to share New York with the Giants and are only the most popular team for a single stronghold county in Long Island."

The Alaska/Packers connection seems obvious (frozen hellholes), but I don't quite get how the Steelers are so big in Northern Alaska and Hawaii.

Hawaii is pretty obvious. Polamalu is easily the NFL's biggest Polynesian star, probably ever (Junior Seau is really the only other one I can think of and he didn't get the national exposure Troy gets).

I don't quite get the Alaska thing myself. The nearly 50/50 split between Steelers and Packers is amusing, though. Bet that state was fun to be in during Super Bowl XLV.

Also, despite being such loudmouths, it's interesting that the Ravens fanbase seems to be located within 50 miles of Baltimore and literally nowhere else in the entire country. And I bet that little pocket of fans shrinks even further if/when the Skins ever become dominant again.

Has anyone checked on Rippa yet?  Poor Andre Brown. :(

Well now they are saying it wont require surgery because it is just a "small crack" and he will only miss 4-6 weeks.

We were in the DVDVR Fantasy draft and I actually warned people to not draft him. No one listens to me

• Like 1

Honestly, it's just good to see the Falcons claim pretty much the whole state. It wasnt so long ago where there'd be more packers/giants/saints fans in the Dome than Birds fans...

Its only the preseason, but I love watching the Texans crush the Cowboys!America's team? They're not even Texas's team!

I haven't the foggiest how that oblong-headed generic stat compiler Matt Schaub inspires confidence in anybody. I mean for as many times as Romo has wet the bed he at least has enough improvisational genius to his game that he could pull wins out of his ass RoboQB androids like Schaub are simply incapable of pulling off.

Besides the Texans are barely a notch above the Cowboys since they actually made the playoffs the past couple of seasons. But if they were going to win anything once in the playoffs, they would've by now. It ain't happening for the Texans and it sure ain't happening with a middle aged Schaub at the helm; regardless of how watered down the AFC is compared to the NFC.

I haven't the foggiest how that oblong-headed generic stat compiler Matt Schaub inspires confidence in anybody. I mean for as many times as Romo has wet the bed he at least has enough improvisational genius to his game that he could pull wins out of his ass RoboQB androids like Schaub are simply incapable of pulling off.

I literally can't think of any QB in the history of football that better sums up "generic stat compiler who will fuck up the 5 plays in the game that matter" more than Tony Romo.

Calling him an improvisational genius might be the funniest thing I've ever heard anyone say about the guy. I mean God bless him he's hardly the only thing wrong with the Cowboys and watching him have to throw 60-70 times a game last year was impossible not to have some sympathy for what he has to put up with, but the idea that I'd want the ball in Romo's hands if I had one throw for my life is something I couldn't be talked into on any day on this earth.

I literally can't think of any QB in the history of football that better sums up "generic stat compiler who will fuck up the 5 plays in the game that matter" more than Tony Romo.

Calling him an improvisational genius might be the funniest thing I've ever heard anyone say about the guy. I mean God bless him he's hardly the only thing wrong with the Cowboys and watching him have to throw 60-70 times a game last year was impossible not to have some sympathy for what he has to put up with, but the idea that I'd want the ball in Romo's hands if I had one throw for my life is something I couldn't be talked into on any day on this earth.

But he is. He's the admittedly low end of a group that includes Rodgers and Roethlisberger. I clearly said "wet the bed" which acknowledges all the silly garbage he does to lose meaningful games. I'll still take him over the low end of long-term starting cyborg QB's with corn cobs stuck up their asses; especially behind the Cowboys usually weak to pitiful line.

The Texans have always had a top tier line but that hasn't stopped Schaub from being exposed as a rustbucket piece of shit when it really counts. The current Texans are like all those nineties Chiefs teams that were led by average humps like Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac. It's nice to know what you're getting in the regular season because you're getting squat in the playoffs; especially at QB.