DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

So according to a teaser Rolling Stone put up on their web site of their article about Aaron Hernandez, they state that

Hernandez was a heavy user of angel dust, and had become so paranoid over the last year that he carried a gun wherever he went.

If it's true, wonder how he was able to pass drug testing...

Speaking of Hernandez, apparently the NFL Player Union is trying to get the Pats to pay up about $80K owed to him in contract.  Yeah you would think they wouldn't want to get in that game but I guess it isn't surprise.

The RG3 documentary on ESPN was pretty good.   Have to admire the guys determination working out in Las Vegas during his wedding while everyone else is partying up a storm.

The Hernandez stuff is fighting for principle if nothing else. . Teams can't cut people without giving them money owed for bonuses or whatnot. . .He looks to be murdering scum, but the Pats seem to owe him money for services rendered, if the NFLPA walks away from that, what good are they?

So according to a teaser Rolling Stone put up on their web site of their article about Aaron Hernandez, they state that

Hernandez was a heavy user of angel dust, and had become so paranoid over the last year that he carried a gun wherever he went.

If it's true, wonder how he was able to pass drug testing...

Posted Image

• Like 2

Let's see your e-mail. It can't be any less interesting than the multiple "fuck Nick Saban" ones.

One way or another, you will be seeing the one I sent tomorrow.

My favorite part was the "god bless LeBron" "fuck LeBron" e-mails.

http://deadspin.com/this-is-perhaps-the-most-moronic-argument-in-sports-rad-1215065722

Oh lawdy.

This is amazing. 

Two idiots trying to out-idiot each other on the radio.

GIT YOUR BANNERS OUT OF OUR PLACE, DOUCHE!

I'm not even going too far out of a limb in saying that the Baltimore guy's radio station will be showing him the door since he kept bringing up Aurora.

Let's see your e-mail. It can't be any less interesting than the multiple "fuck Nick Saban" ones.One way or another, you will be seeing the one I sent tomorrow.My favorite part was the "god bless LeBron" "fuck LeBron" e-mails.

Fine. You asked for it:

Here's Miami fans waiting for a new quarterback in a nutshell: We are a collection of widowers who had a hot wife who treated us like shit but we put on a pedestal anyway. In our depression we fooled around with a lot of quarterbacks we shouldn't have until finally we found a hot vapid twentysomething that makes eyes at us and despite no display of substance that we have convinced ourselves we've finally found someone to replace the hot dead shrewish wife. And no, we keep telling ourselves. This isn't like that fling with Daunte Culpepper or Chad Henne. Ryan Tannehill is DIFFERENT and SPECIAL just because he's not A.J. Feely.

Let the record show that in light of the Jets' QB issues, Dolfan has endorsed my usage of cute animal memes for the season. 

Posted Image

God help all of you if the Dolphins don't go 4-0 against Buffalo and New York this season. 

• Like 1

The Bills' post is up, and IMO, it's surprisingly weak. Maybe I'm biased because my e-mail didn't make it in.With that said, here is my attempted contribution:

The last time the Bills made the playoffs: The #1 song in the country was "Smooth" by Santana & Rob Thomas (the next day "What a Girl Wants" by Christina Aguilera would take the spot) The #1 movie was Stuart Little The X-Files was still on the air, and still had Scully & Mulder for every episode. WWE was still the WWF, plus WCW & ECW were still in business. Bill Clinton was president. No one had heard of Tom Brady. The Houston Texans didn't exist. The Bills are on their 6th head coach since then, and their 10th (and probably 11th) starting quarterback. They've changed their uniforms. Twice. I'll be thirty in December. I was a freshman in high school when I had the "pleasure" of experiencing the "Music City Miracle". I literally do not remember how it feels to root for my team in the playoffs. This team finds more heart-breaking ways to lose than any other. It is virtually guaranteed that they will lose at least 3 games in the last 90 second every season. If they're on prime-time, they almost always find a way to embarrass themselves. I hate that my team sucks, has sucked, and will continue to suck for the foreseeable future. I hate that Tom Brady has no one to throw to, but I just know on opening day he's still going to somehow torch them for 350 yards and 5 TDs. I hate that they're always bad, but usually never bad enough to get a top draft pick. I hate that on rare occasion they do get a top draft pick, they fuck it up. I hate anyone who has ever used the #BILLSMAFIA hash tag. Their optimism in the face of all evidence makes me sick, and their constant sucking up to third-rate athletes just to get a re-tweet makes me wish I could push a button and make a spring-loaded boxing glove pop out from their screen and break their noses. I hate Ralph Wilson. I hate that he cursed the team themoment they were born, by patterning their look after his hometown Lions. I hate that he refuses to spend any money where it matters. I hate that when he dies, his kids will sell the team, and they'll probably move. I hate that after that happens, the team that used to be the Bills will win a Super Bowl within five years, to add that extra kick to the nuts. I hate that after the Bills move, the next-closest team that I'll be stuck watching every week is THE FUCKING CLEVELAND BROWNS.