DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

Let me put this out there for all would-be pro athlete groupies: If the man buys you the $99.99 starter necklace from the Jane Seymour collection at Jared, you are not important to him. He will not leave his main piece for you. You're nothing to him, you can be discarded, you will be replaced and when you run to the media to tell your story, we will laugh at you for being so stupid.This lesson in Heaux-nomtry was brought to you by the BLR/Save No Professional Heauxes Foundation. Thank you.

I, for one, would love to hear your take on the schmucks who bought him stuff from his wedding registry.

I, for one, would love to hear your take on the schmucks who bought him stuff from his wedding registry.

STUPID.  I understand liking/loving/defending your star QB on the internet.  That's pretty normal.  But to send the guy gifts?  Hell to the no!  Peyton wasn't about to get a stroller out of me when his twins were born.  Andrew Luck will not be getting an electric wok from Amazon out of yours truly.  If they can't afford to buy their own stuff, put on a credit card and pay it off in 3 years like the rest of America.

As for peen pics, ehhh--maybe the jump-off has them.  I have seen an 'imprint' photo. But that she's already been blown off by a couple of gossip blogs suggest she hasn't shown anyone the goods.  She better put up or shut up, and fast.

This is a non-issue and I can't even make fun or compare RGIII to Tiger Woods. Tiger was cheating on his longtime wife who is a model with plain as can be cocktail waitresses. RGIII was cheating on his girlfriend with a dime piece from VCU. Both are stupid but one is not like the other.

Speaking of the Browns, how deep is the 2014 NFL Draft supposed to be? Are there a bunch of transcendent "Andrew Luck-esque" QBs at the top?

Well, there's this Johnny Football guy you might have heard of. Not sure how good of a pro prospect he really is, but he'll be the QB name driving the headlines.After him, off the top of my head...Teddy BridgewaterTajh BoydAJ McCarronAaron MurrayBraxton MillerLogan ThomasZach MettenbergerSome other guys. Tommy Rees? Lol.Miller and Thomas are your "physical upside" guys who could become hot commodities if they out up numbers this season.

This is a non-issue and I can't even make fun or compare RGIII to Tiger Woods. Tiger was cheating on his longtime wife who is a model with plain as can be cocktail waitresses. RGIII was cheating on his girlfriend with a dime piece from VCU. Both are stupid but one is not like the other.

RGIII needs to work on his cheat game then cuz he's doing it with people he's never met

Manziel is the most interesting prospect, because right now he could literally go anywhere from 1st overall to late 3rd round pick, just depending if a gm or two falls in love with his game.

With all the hoopla surrounding his departure from the Manning camp, I can see Manziel dropping further than that.  At least Tim Tebow wasn't ever going to be a problem off the field, other than his crazy fanbase.  Manziel has mechanic problems and a lousy attitude.  Not good.

Since Connor Barth is a cripple - the Bucs have signed Lawrence Tynes as their new kicker

I totally missed the Giants moving on from Tynes but I guess Josh Brown is their man now

What's funny is that - and I said this to Jenn on Twitter - there actually would be a market for those since there clearly has to be giant contingent of South Carolina Panther fans who would love that shirt (obviously with a slight tweak but still)

With all the hoopla surrounding his departure from the Manning camp, I can see Manziel dropping further than that.  At least Tim Tebow wasn't ever going to be a problem off the field, other than his crazy fanbase.  Manziel has mechanic problems and a lousy attitude.  Not good.

It means nothing at all in terms of his draft stock. He still has an entire season of college football to cement his draft position and people's opinion of him. I actually think its good timing for him to deal with this now and go through these growing pains and get them out of the way because he's still got plenty of time to learn from his mistakes and redeem himself. I lean more toward him being thrown into this limelight and attention and just not being prepared to deal with it.

It means nothing at all in terms of his draft stock. He still has an entire season of college football to cement his draft position and people's opinion of him. I actually think its good timing for him to deal with this now and go through these growing pains and get them out of the way because he's still got plenty of time to learn from his mistakes and redeem himself. I lean more toward him being thrown into this limelight and attention and just not being prepared to deal with it.

It's all fine and good unless he struggles, a real possibility as teams will be ready for him this season.  Even if it has nothing to with his struggles, the media will blame it on his immaturity, which he has proven to be at times.

Then again, I don't think the guy is destined to go high in the draft anyway.  But he is a QB and with that, who knows.  It only takes one team to love him to overreach.

I can't wait for the season to kick off.  Here in Carolina there is much excitement over our defensive front seven.  Even though we have an average at best secondary I feel that the pressure on the quarterbacks of the NFC South is going to be ridiculous.  I do feel that adding Quintin Mikell would ease my mind at safety just by virtue of him keeping Haruki Nakamura as far away from the field as possible.  Josh Thomas reportedly had great OTAs but its still July, so I hope he'll show what he can do when it matters.

As much improved as the defense could be, the offense still worries me.  I would personally welcome a reduction of the read option as we have two good running backs and a decent bowling ball of a fullback in Tolbert.  We are still asking the same question since Mushin Muhammed; who is going to step up to take the pressure off Steve Smith?  LaFell is a good reciever but we need him to not completely disappear for weeks at a time.  We've got a lot of 2's and 3's but no one who can step up and make plays.  There is also a need for a second TE.  Its no surprise that Cam looked so much better when he had another big target in Jeremy Shockey.  There were talks that Tyler Eifert was going to be the pick at 14 if Star was not available.  There is potential for the offensive to go back to its explosive ways but lots of players are going to have to step up.

Lastly the Falcons can go to hell.