DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

I love that Skip Bayless declared what he was having a rough day because Tebow and Vince Young got cut, does this guy just love all QB's who are good in college? Judging by his Johnny Football boner it looks that way and means he will continue to have someone to annoy the piss out of everyone with. In his defense of Tebow he claimed he looked great in the first preseason game, 4 for 12 for 55 yards and 3 sacks for a loss of 23 yards plus 31 yards rushing ohhhhh he's so great creating a total of 63 yards. Honestly Bayless and his ilk are really the only reason I don't want anyone to sign Tebow again, and it looks like the head case Manziel is the next to get the treatment.

Looky. Looky.

Some slanted idiots are still carrying the torch.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-case-for-tim-tebow-nfl-quarterback/23046/

"The fact that so few are willing to give arguably the greatest player in college history a legit shot to play QB in the NFL says more about the close mindedness and tired old orthodoxy of the NFL than it does about Tebow or his talent."

Other things on cut day

Skins are keeping 4 QBs for now

Giants decided to go with Curtis Painter over David Carr

Greg McElroy was the Jets QB show the door

Chargers released Robert Meachem

And the Raiders currently have four quarterbacks and two punters on the roster.

I now firmly believe that Al Davis is still running the team in a manner similar to Mr. House in Fallout: New Vegas.

The twitter rumor is that the Raiders are fishing one of their punters for a trade for a draft pick becuase...I don't know other than they're the Raiders. Who gives up anything for a punter? Maybe this woulda worked last year when they had Lechler but now I don't know if their gamble will pay off.

Looky. Looky. Some slanted idiots are still carrying the torch. http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/the-case-for-tim-tebow-nfl-quarterback/23046/ 

"The fact that so few are willing to give arguably the greatest player in college history a legit shot to play QB in the NFL says more about the close mindedness and tired old orthodoxy of the NFL than it does about Tebow or his talent."

Suddenly, its 1978 and Tebow is Warren Moon.

I hate to be one of those Cleveland fans, but you know the QB situation sucks when I think back to a bustop conversation I had In 2006 where a dude was telling me the Browns should have tried to get Vince Young. I'm pretty sure, hindsight being 20/20, he might have been right.