DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

The Lions just destroyed the Patriots, the Bears are fucking done bro.

The Lions are simply doing what they do best: looking good when it doesn't matter.
You mean like when the Bears were 8-1 until they played good teams and ended up 3rd in the NFC North?
Nah, more like in 2008 when the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. How they fair that time, hoss?
  • Like 1

The Lions just destroyed the Patriots, the Bears are fucking done bro.

The Lions are simply doing what they do best: looking good when it doesn't matter.
You mean like when the Bears were 8-1 until they played good teams and ended up 3rd in the NFC North?
Nah, more like in 2008 when the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. How they fair that time, hoss?

That was before they were imbued with the spirit of the Waiter.

The Patriots were pure preseason ugly, just horrid.  I've been really impressed with Thompkins though.

The Lions are going to give up 200 yards a week in penalties.  Awful discipline, which is going to negate a slew of good plays every week.  Megatron must be licking his chops at not getting triple coverage every week with Bush receiving out of the backfield.

If you can hang in there, and believe me it will be tough, 0:57 really makes it worth it.

I remember seeing this embarrassment when I worked the Packers/Rams game last year. The comments on the 'Why Your Team Sucks' Deadspin article were perfect. That morgue/dome is the least intimidating place I can think of, if you're a visiting team.

Joe Theismann being reduced to doing Redskins preseason games is just and fair. Except for the fact that it's actually happening and I have to hear it.

Well he has been doing them for several years.

Doing them terribly... but still.

And watching Kevin Kolb scrambling is... something

Joe Theismann being reduced to doing Redskins preseason games is just and fair. Except for the fact that it's actually happening and I have to hear it.

Well he has been doing them for several years.Doing them terribly... but still.And watching Kevin Kolb scrambling is... something
I just have a picture in my head of Theismann chewing out and big-timing some poor PA who brought him a Dasani and not a Vitamin Water. "I HAVE A SUPER BOWL RING! I WAS ON ESPN!"Also, Spiller went down holding his knee and hobbled off. Most likely a bruise, but that's a guess.EDIT: Bills official Twitter has already said he's ok.

Most likely a bruise, but that's a guess.EDIT: Bills official Twitter has already said he's ok.

You'd be perfect for any major news organization. :)"We don't have any details but if we had to guess...oh Twitter has informed us..."

Most likely a bruise, but that's a guess.EDIT: Bills official Twitter has already said he's ok.

You'd be perfect for any major news organization. :)"We don't have any details but if we had to guess...oh Twitter has informed us..."
Read it again. That was a statement from the team itself, not just some random assclown on Twitter.