DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

Posted Image

I have no delusions.  I am really excited about the defense with the new coaches they brought in but I'm wary of how small the line is.  And I'm really excited about Jason Garrett not calling the plays.  In no way do I think they're going to do anything in the postseason though.  I'd be happy if they just improved on their record last year and maybe just made the playoffs.  The o-line is still a big question mark.  

I don't watch alot of cowboy games, but Garrett looked really creey last night. He was a walking billboard for the souless ginger stereotype. . .

Brian Urlacher said the booing of the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field is "unbelievable," and he defended coach Lovie Smith against critics who believe that the team needs a new head coach.

Urlacher, nursing a hamstring injury, didn't play Sunday as the Bears suffered their fifth loss in their past six games. The Green Bay Packers clinched the NFC North with a 21-13 victory, while the Bears are in danger of missing the playoffs for the fifth time in the past six seasons.

"Our crowd was pretty good today for the most part," Urlacher said Sunday during his weekly segment on Fox Chicago. "They were loud for a minute there. The boos were really loud, which is always nice. The only team in our division to get booed at home is us. It's unbelievable to me."

Bears safety Chris Conte also tweeted a message to fans just after the loss.

"We have two must win games left," Conte tweeted. "We need all the support we can get. if u aren't with us then you are against us. Real bear fans #beardown."

Urlacher was not optimistic things will change.

"It's not going to change," he said. "If we talk about it, then the media says, 'You're blaming the fans for losing. You're doing this. You're blaming the refs for losing.' We lost that football game. Every football game we play in, we lose, it's nobody's fault but ours, but we're allowed to say what we want."

Urlacher went on to address that many fans and media are calling for a coaching change.

"Two of the people I don't care about, fans or the media," Urlacher said. "They can say what they want to about our head coach, about our players. It does bother me because those people don't know what they're talking about, obviously.

"I know there are a bunch of experts in the media, and there are a bunch of smart guys out there who know exactly what they're talking about all the time. But they don't know what they're talking about."

Urlacher praised Smith's style of not calling out players in public.

"People don't see it," he said. "That's the way we like it as players. He's not going to call somebody out, a player out in front of the people. He'll do it privately, which is the way it should be handled. He's not one of those coaches who's going to go out and yell and scream at you. That's just not his style, and we appreciate that.

"We know when it's time to play. We just haven't played well. It's not his fault. He can't go out there and do it for us. We have to do it ourselves."

Smith said Monday morning he hadn't heard Urlacher's comments, but he vouched for the linebacker's character and motivation.

"It would be hard for me to respond to those comments when I haven't heard the comments. I just know who Brian Urlacher is," Smith said. "I know he loves being a Chicago Bear. He's helped us win a lot of football games around here. He's a leader. I know he's disappointed like we all are right now about the position we were in yesterday. He's going to come to work this week getting ready for Arizona."

Quarterback Jay Cutler took a different approach Monday.

"Frustration sets in," he said during "The Jay Cutler Show" on ESPN 1000. "You're at a point in the season when you're on a little skid. I know Brian's frustrated he can't be out there and help us, and do that. So I think everyone in that locker room is supporting Lovie and we'll see what happens.

"That's the last of our worries. We have to worry about Arizona."

As far as the fans and media, Cutler said he understands the criticism, and he said fans in Chicago are fair.

"I'm jaded by it," Cutler said. "I don't understand why we're going to get frustrated with it at this point."

Posted Image

I have no delusions.  I am really excited about the defense with the new coaches they brought in but I'm wary of how small the line is.  And I'm really excited about Jason Garrett not calling the plays.  In no way do I think they're going to do anything in the postseason though.  I'd be happy if they just improved on their record last year and maybe just made the playoffs.  The o-line is still a big question mark.  

I don't watch alot of cowboy games, but Garrett looked really creey last night. He was a walking billboard for the souless ginger stereotype. . .

For someone who only won a preseason game, he was grinning like the Cheshire cat after it was over. Either he is up to something dastardly or he is really happy he got to play the Youtube trick shot guy for a long time.

I think I'd rather talk about inverted racism instead, plz thnx.

Exactly,  I have noproblem discussing any teams on here, but can we wait(probably won't be that long) before Cutler fucks up this season before we add anything more? Excuse me while I flay Shitspatrick and Chan gailey alive more, , ,(#irony) :)

The ACL TEAR OF THE DAY brought to you by MILTON BRADLEY ®'S KARATE FIGHTERS goes to...

WR Arrelious Benn of the Philadelphia Eagles!

If I'm a free agent WR, I'm telling my agent to ignore any calls from Philly.

EDIT: Much like the Bills, this post was missing a "D".

A two-fer on the ACL TEAR OF THE DAY, as Danario Alexander of the Chargers suffered the injury at camp today.

Yeah, their shitty WR corps really didn't need any extra help being shitty.

Edit: Ninja'd by Newb!  Also, let's not go insane and do anything rash... like sign TO.

The ACL TEAR OF THE DAY brought to you by MILTON BRALEY ®'S KARATE FIGHTERS goes to...WR Arrelious Benn of the Philadelphia Eagles!If I'm a free agent WR, I'm telling my agent to ignore any calls from Philly.

well that explains why they brought Cooper back so fast. . .

well that explains why they brought Cooper back so fast. . .

He was back before the injury. Unfortunately I doubt he can predict the future. It would be a nice change of pace from years of other teams being able to predict the future against the Eagles. "I think they will call a pass play here." Cooper was listed as a starter on the first depth chart yesterday. As quick as refs are with flags these days I hope he gets a few calls during the year from guys that can't resist taking a cheap shot at him. 

What's different about dancing and a sack dance? I mean it seems like dancing would cover sack dances. That said if this is enforced stricktly there are going to be at least a hundred of unsportsmanlike conducts within the first month of the season, maybe even in the first week. Those things happen after just about every play.