DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW 12/14/15

steve

Rock and Austin wouldn't have allowed themselves to repeatedly get slapped by Stephanie and just stand there. Of course they would (and did) take a nut shot from Vince because they knew eventually they'd get him back 10x worse.

• Like 1

Now, you have Trip send mercenaries after Roman, all failing until he has to strike another deal with Heyman.

There are other options:

17_yetti_1.jpg

Well, he did win Tough Enough....

You mean Bronson Mathews?

Rock and Austin wouldn't have allowed themselves to repeatedly get slapped by Stephanie and just stand there.

That is because they were allowed to stun and rock bottom her. Can't exactly do that in the current PG setting.

This.

Reigns got his comeuppance on everyone except Steph. She left the building and there's zero visual evidence that she got payback for essentially leaving the ring with Reigns balls in her purse at the start of the show.  At least when Vince kicked his dick into the third row, he got punched in the mouth for it later.

Edit: And no, I'm not saying he spears her through a barricade or anything, but if she stayed in the building you could cut backstage to her screeching and freaking out that Roman got exactly what he came for.

• Like 1

Rock and Austin wouldn't have allowed themselves to repeatedly get slapped by Stephanie and just stand there..

Yes, they'd be giant men beating up a woman who's slaps didnt hurt.

Or they would have just said "fuck no I'm not doing that"

I cannot wait for Geordie Miz

I really have been loving this storyline. In spite of his ring skills, Miz has a great personality. So they're doing a great job letting him be self-involved undercard sleaze who rarely wrestles. And putting Neville in Miz's orbit should do plenty to make him appealing to Raw viewers by virtue of comparison. 

It's simple, fun stuff. And it's yet to devolve into 50/50 win trading. So I dig. 

Though I'll take any bone they throw at Neville at this point. Great NXT run where he developed into a performer who's believable at the top as a face or a heel. Best NXT match ever, IMO, vs Zayn at R-Evolution. Possibly the TV match of the year against Rollins. I need to see this guy succeed more than anyone else floating aimlessly in the undercard. 

I'm sorry, are people actually complaining that Roman didn't get some sort of revenge on Steph and/or got slapped by her?

I'm not complaining that he didn't hit her with a Superman Punch and a Spear in response but yea him getting slapped by her is stupid because she's there is never going to be any kind of payoff where something happens to her in return. Even if it's just "if Roman wins X match Stephanie has to go away"

She's been doing stuff like that for over 2 years now (usually more verbal than physical but still) and no one has ever gotten one over on her and they never will. Why put heat on someone who will never get their comeuppance?

• Like 2

Yeah, it's not just the PG thing that kept Roman from whomping Stephanie - could you imagine the outcry? We're quite a bit more sensitive as a culture to this kind of thing compared to when Dreamer was piledriving (insert woman here) every week on ECW.

But as soon as she said "Vince is coming," I knew he'd wind up decked by Reigns before it was over with. Reigns taking Vince's nutshot sitting down was a bit weak of him, but not responding to Stephanie's slaps is perfectly fine.

Main was fantastic, a little hard to get into it for a bit because you know nothing was gonna be the finish until Vince and the Legion of Doom or whatever they're called got involved. But the finish was perfect, and this is just what they needed to do. Now Vince and HHH fill up a briefcase with cash and give it to the problem solver - Brrrrooockkkkkkkkkk Lesnarrrrrrrr.

I didn't care for the ECW nostalgia bit for a while until I realized "jeez, these bastards are killing themselves for my amusement," and then I got into it.

I usually work Monday nights, but I was off tonight, and just trying to watch 3 hours of this stuff is asking way too much of an audience. Is there a more DVRable show than Raw? I cared not one whit about decent chunks of the show, but there was some wildly entertaining stuff sometimes if you just managed to catch it. New Day are tremendous and are the poster children for what happens when you let people be themselves and be entertaining. I know everyone here always liked Big E, but it was hard for me to imagine a while back that Big E and Kofi could ever wind up being anything but "this guy?" midcarders, and here we are.

I know everyone here always liked Big E, but it was hard for me to imagine a while back that Big E and Kofi could ever wind up being anything but "this guy?" midcarders, and here we are.

BRqVTlrCIAEbzJo_jpg_large.jpg

Big E and Kofi were both epitomes of never getting a chance to show multiple sides of their personalities.

If you saw Big E in NXT, or just followed him on Twitter, you saw that he had a great gonzo sense of humor, but all he got to do before New Day was be the largely silent muscly dude. And for all the years Kofi had been in WWE, all the character progression he had was dropping the Jamaican accent.

I cannot wait for Geordie Miz

I really have been loving this storyline. In spite of his ring skills, Miz has a great personality. So they're doing a great job letting him be self-involved undercard sleaze who rarely wrestles. And putting Neville in Miz's orbit should do plenty to make him appealing to Raw viewers by virtue of comparison. 

It's simple, fun stuff. And it's yet to devolve into 50/50 win trading. So I dig. 

Though I'll take any bone they throw at Neville at this point. Great NXT run where he developed into a performer who's believable at the top as a face or a heel. Best NXT match ever, IMO, vs Zayn at R-Evolution. Possibly the TV match of the year against Rollins. I need to see this guy succeed more than anyone else floating aimlessly in the undercard. 

The best solution is to bring back the Cruiserweight division for him- a guy like Neville is made to be a Cruiserweight champ who only wrestles other cruisers.

As for Roman- the best booking writes itself.  Have Steph show she's the brains behind HHH and Vince- take them out of "official" decision-making, then get outsmarted herself (perhaps with help from Ambrose- who she should be trying to turn against Roman , and Ambrose tricks her into thinking she has)- Steph gets thrown out of power screaming the next night.   End up with a figurehead raw GM- Bret or Foley would be perfect for this- and make sure they never show up unless absolutely necessary.

If someone gets Steph off TV for over a year, they'd be a made man for life by WWE fans.

Vince doing that dead pan "ehh put err there pal" handshake and then kicking Roman in the nuts had me laughing my ass off for a good few minutes. It was just so unexpected and so Vince. You'd think with all that gear Roman wears the guy would wear a tatical cup. You want to make Roman look like a super bad ass/crazy samoan you kick him in the balls and he just looks at you with with a death stare and Vince does his gulp of doom.

That last dash of ECW was so much fun. It was amusing the clips showed stuff from Queens, but alas that was one hell of a brawl and did a ton to build the Wyatt's back up. I think Tommy Dreamer might also be broken in half for real. The attempted fire spot would have been great tonight.

So clearly the whole one last title shot/if you dont win you're fired was a hail mary on the WWE's part with Vince being trotted out. The Giants/Phins game was fairly competitive so it should be interesting to see how it held up. A few minutes after it was over the only thing trending on Twitter since they love that sort of stuff (at least in the United States) was WWETitle for them. The rest was football related.

I really hope they don't Dusty finish this somehow.

But man I thought Vince was legit dead on that apron at the end of the show. He was just there and Roman just kicked him off like a wet sack.

Vince doing that dead pan "ehh put err there pal" handshake and then kicking Roman in the nuts had me laughing my ass off for a good few minutes. It was just so unexpected and so Vince. You'd think with all that gear Roman wears the guy would wear a tatical cup. You want to make Roman look like a super bad ass/crazy samoan you kick him in the balls and he just looks at you with with a death stare and Vince does his gulp of doom.

If you have someone no-sell a low blow now, they'll just think it's a copy of that Joey Ryan gif. Unless you do the Human Tornado 'Balls of Steel' spot and have someone kick Roman in the balls and Roman no-sells while the kicker sells the shit out of his foot. Vince would love that.

I'm actually liking Becky as the moral fulcrum of the Charlotte angle.

Can't tell if we'll get Becky turning to cheating (and if so, either staying there or turning back away from it), costing Charlotte the title by stopping her cheating, losing a title match by trusting Charlotte to not cheat, persuading Charlotte to reject hijinks, lose and then blame Becky... the unfortunate part is that the options seem limited by Ric's presence.

Rock and Austin wouldn't have allowed themselves to repeatedly get slapped by Stephanie and just stand there.

That is because they were allowed to stun and rock bottom her. Can't exactly do that in the current PG setting.

This.

Reigns got his comeuppance on everyone except Steph. She left the building and there's zero visual evidence that she got payback for essentially leaving the ring with Reigns balls in her purse at the start of the show.  At least when Vince kicked his dick into the third row, he got punched in the mouth for it later.

Edit: And no, I'm not saying he spears her through a barricade or anything, but if she stayed in the building you could cut backstage to her screeching and freaking out that Roman got exactly what he came for.

I would've settled for Roman yelling "BOO!" at her as she turned around for that final slap. She could've sold the shit out of that without Roman laying a finger on her, and I bet the fans would've gone nuts for it.

• Like 2