DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING - Try 2

RIPPA

I was underestimating the awfulness of his commentary, apparently. I just went on YouTube and watch a few things, and... wow. I had forgotten about the stuff like the Wack Pack, too, while we're talking about how bad WCW was at the tail end. I hate that I was a kid when all this happened, because it gets glossed over in my mind. I know for a fact it happened, and I was watching in 2000!

Even worse was "SUMBODY SAY SUMTHIN' BOUT GETTIN FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD UP?" about 20 times per show. We get it, you watched Tommy Rich growing up. Shut the fuck up you fat fuck. 

On the scale of significance in the wrestling world, Mark Madden falls somewhere between Murray Hodgson and Alice Radley. 

As far as Rock at 'Mania, maybe they'll do the rumoured Rock/Rousey vs Trips/Steph match. Stephanie being more physically aggressive, lately, seems to be hinting at something like that. 

Isn't Madden himself on the record as hating his catchphrases (at the time) and the only reason he said them so often was because he was being told to?

As far as having a catchphrase for 'there are hot women in front of me', Shucky Ducky Quack Quack is the only one that's any fun. Because it's ridiculous, and because Booker never said it in a way that made it sound like he'd never actually seen a woman in his life.

The best wrestling action figure is common knowledge.

Japanese middle finger Onita.

Nothing comes close.

Is that the same as the Japanese crystal, smoking a cigarette, middle finger Onita?

Yeah but the fully painted one is way cooler.

There's also a super rare bronze painted version to keep it classy

Is this correct from f4W

Neville defeated Kevin Owens © in a nontitle match. (:21)

Did they seriously have 3 hours of tv time on a wrestling show and take two guys who know how to wrestle and then give them less than 30 seconds?

Is this correct from f4W

Did they seriously have 3 hours of tv time on a wrestling show and take two guys who know how to wrestle and then give them less than 30 seconds?

Yes

• Like 1

Is this correct from f4W

It was part of an angle that lasted twice as long as a match they would have had. Including stopping at a break and then continuing for a second segment. KO isn't the champion, either.

As far as Rock at 'Mania, maybe they'll do the rumoured Rock/Rousey vs Trips/Steph match. Stephanie being more physically aggressive, lately, seems to be hinting at something like that.

Not happening. Rousey's gonna score a massive payday for the Holm rematch. Dana White isn't going to let her anywhere near a wrestling ring until then.

Is this correct from f4W

Yes

Man....I'm glad I stopped watching a decade ago or else I would have broken my tv watching that.

You look up results for a show you haven't watched in a decade?

As many of the professionals who have escaped working for the WWE have mentioned, the environment is utterly unique. I am not a fan of WWE any more, but I am fascinated by all the strange aspects of it as a business and product.

What other show has done what the WWE has done? How many other programs have treated talent and fans so poorly and yet remained in business for so long? All that type of stuff is so interesting to me. I try and keep a breast of the comings and goings of the show by reading results in 10 or so minutes...and after doing such I am at an utter loss as to who in their right minds could actually keep watching it. It sounds dreadful. Yet millions do. It makes it all that much more interesting.

I made a mistakes, it's been 13 years since I watched Raw now that I really think about it.

Madden sucked, but so help me, Stevie Ray on commentary cracked me up. He was terrible, but he was also funny. "Fruitbooties" and "yaks" still makes me laugh. 

Is this correct from f4W

Yeah, but it's leading to something. 

• Like 1

Madden sucked, but so help me, Stevie Ray on commentary cracked me up. He was terrible, but he was also funny. "Fruitbooties" and "yaks" still makes me laugh. 

Is this correct from f4W

Yeah, but it's leading to something. 

Do you seriously believe that after multiple times over multiple years, of things leading no where?