DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING - Try 2

RIPPA

TBS was on channel 17 for most American cable systems, as the original WTBS was on Channel 17 in Atlanta, and most cable companies followed that suit.

For me TBS was on 17, TNT was in the 15-18 range (but obviously not 17)and USA was on the 20-22 range if I remember correctly. Then TBS and TNT went to 38 and 39 respectively and USA went to 40.

Is this the new hivemind, that Seth Rollins sucks now?  I missed that memo, apparently.

I don't know about that, there's a couple people out there who think he's overrated or whatever but I completely disagree. He's one of the best five workers on the entire roster. Cena is a great wrestler but he was horrendous in a couple of those matches with Rollins and Seth carried the load. The pace and execution..  it was like watching a figure skater kill it at the Olympics.

Maybe some people hate his brand of offense but nobody does it better. He's a machine.

• Like 1

I looked through the last few pages and didn't see this linked.  NYT article on wrestlers moving into acting, focusing on Cena in Sisters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/27/movies/pro-wrestlers-put-a-headlock-on-hollywood.html?ref=movies&_r=1

Money quote from Tina Fey: “Wrestling was always campy, but I definitely think that Dwayne Johnson broke out of that, and no one really thinks of him as just a wrestler anymore. John is on the same path if he wants to be.”  Although Cena says in the next paragraph that he'd never want to leave wrestling.

EDIT: Well I tried to help Ryan out but Dailymotion is being insufferable so

Now something horribly depressing yet awesome that I thought of watching Smackdown en Espanol with the sound off just now... you know what the best tag team that never was is?

Eddy and Owen

THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES. Probably the best rudo team ever. 

EDIT II: If that thought makes you sad, watch Ryan's video. Japan, never stop being awesome.

You could prob add Wings (owen and benoit) from 1990 wcw.

Wings was Owen and Pillman.

(Who despite teaming in WCW a total of four times were ranked #2 in the PWI Weekly tag team rankings.  Seriously!)

Oh, and it was '91.   Benoit didn't come in to WCW until '92.

Is there a reason you/someone wants to find information on a now adult fan that attended multiple PPVs and was on-screen in the 90s? Without context this is pretty odd.

How did he, a teenager, afford multiple shows across multiple states? That's an interesting question.

Only reason I care is because I remember seeing him on tv back in the day and it was always a "hey didn't I see that kid before" thing.

Is there a reason you/someone wants to find information on a now adult fan that attended multiple PPVs and was on-screen in the 90s? Without context this is pretty odd.

How did he, a teenager, afford multiple shows across multiple states? That's an interesting question.

Only reason I care is because I remember seeing him on tv back in the day and it was always a "hey didn't I see that kid before" thing.

Yeah I remember seeing him on one of the WCW shows CLEARLY mugging/turning it up for the camera. Good seats all the time.