DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING - Try 2

RIPPA

I also think hotshotting KO/Sami on the main roster is a bad call. That's going to be the high point of either's career. If they run it the first chance they get, there is nowhere to go but down for them. They need some time a part. They've been joined at the hip for 10 years straight. The NIGHT KO showed up in NXT, the feud started again. Let them have a breather. Let them both get full established and as high up on the card as they can get, building it up as something that is inevitable and unavoidable. Just don't do it right away. No one should want that as a mid card match for the IC title that will probably be dropped to some random dude a month later.

• Like 1

The NIGHT KO showed up in NXT, the feud started again.

And it was immediately amazing. The only problem it had was a lack of a successful conclusion due to Sami's injury. Your point is a ball of wrong.

It was good but they also blew their wad immediately with it. Doing it again on the main roster is shortsighted. They need to be established without the other for a while. It's going to be a huge feud. Career feud for both. Doing it right away and because you have some injuries is not getting the most of out it.

I think of Owens/Zayn like Rock/HHH, two up and coming stars feuding with each other on the way to the top. I see no reason why Zayn wouldn't immediately go after Owens, there's no logical reason for him not to. In fact, I'd argue that holding off on Zayn/Owens would do an incredible amount of damage to Zayn's character. 

Both very compelling arguments. I'm not sure which way I feel anymore to be honest. You've both swayed me go the other side I think. They still need to establish an issue on the main roster though rather than just playing strictly off the NXT and ROH history. Definitely incorporate it and play off of it, but give them an issue beyond that to get the kids, casual fans, and those who may not have seen the previous feuds interested.

Sami needs to come to the main roster and get himself built up for a World title . Owens basically has pull a Dick Murdoch on him with Sami in the Dibiase roll, even taking a Pop-Up Powerbomb on the arena floor. Thi sets up Owens getting a PPV World title shot and then just when it looks like Owens has it Sami comes through the crowd and just a crazy brawl goes on for like 10 minutes. Ideally, I'd have Sami get slaid out in late September. Owens gets the SS Main Event title match and then you just have them at war until the Rumble

Of course this is practical booking and the WWE doesn't do practical booking anymore

James

would it be beneath Brock to have him eliminated ala Maven/Undertaker? or would they need to eliminate him like Andre the Giant with like 8 on 1?

also, random thought... how close were TNT and USA on your cable systems back during the Raw/Nitro clash? at the time, I think TNT was Ch 29 and USA Ch 27. These days, TNT is 51 and USA is 52 on standard.

Not sure if was common. Probably doesn't hurt channel flipping to have those shows so close to each other.

• Like 1

I await the awful double edge sword known as screen caps should women be included in MM...

That's easy, just do spoiler's and trigger warnings for the double standard I mean overly sensitive I mean easily offended.

Yeahhhh, right... If you want screencaps of Paige's ass cheeks or Nikki Bella's cleavage, go to WrestleWithThePlot.  :rolleyes:

would it be beneath Brock to have him eliminated ala Maven/Undertaker? or would they need to eliminate him like Andre the Giant with like 8 on 1?

also, random thought... how close were TNT and USA on your cable systems back during the Raw/Nitro clash? at the time, I think TNT was Ch 29 and USA Ch 27. These days, TNT is 51 and USA is 52 on standard.

Not sure if was common. Probably doesn't hurt channel flipping to have those shows so close to each other.

They actually got closer at some point during the mid 90s here. It started TNT on 15 and USA on 17 and then became TNT on 37 and USA on 38. That's a really great observation that I don't think I've actually ever heard anybody make

I don't remember what channel TBS got in the 90s. But my cable was.. local channels 2 thru 12, then WGN is channel 13. Eventually ESPN got to be channel 13. HBO (which I didn't get in the 90s) was Ch. 14, Showtime (which I didn't get) was Ch. 17, Cinemax (which I did get) was Ch. 21.

I actually remember watching a WWF Weekend program on WGN around spring/summer 1997 before getting into watching Raw. Like around the time of Bret Hart forming the Hart Foundation.

I don't want to see poor ZZ get murdered by Brock on live television. But that Josh guy and his stupid yeti thing, by all mean's I'd love to see him try and have a Maven moment.

• Like 1

No idea if anyone has noticed this before, but I looked up one of the closing themes to a later ep of Dragon Ball Kai that I was watching for the hell of it(not released in US) to see who the group was and who do I find in the music video for the song? Genichiro Tenryu. If someone could change this to be embedded, that would be nice since I have no idea.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s1cjm

TBS was on channel 17 for most American cable systems, as the original WTBS was on Channel 17 in Atlanta, and most cable companies followed that suit.

For me TBS was on 17, TNT was in the 15-18 range (but obviously not 17)and USA was on the 20-22 range if I remember correctly. Then TBS and TNT went to 38 and 39 respectively and USA went to 40.