DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs VII

Dolfan in NYC

The idea that Roman Reigns is basically Diesel who will never get over as champion was kind of disproved at the end of the match.  This crowd was chanting for Cena 30 SECONDS into the match and they were cheering for him to get that belt.   And when Russev and Del Rio came out the balloon was busted again.  If they would have left it at that Reigns would have been finished as a superstar.   They needed the final angle to save him in my opinion.  They finally had the babyface get his revenge which in the WWE now a days seems like a once a year for about 2 days things

Now RAW tomorrow could destroy all of it if the entire show is punish Ambrose and Usos night.   

The biggest problem is Shemaus is even more meaningless as a champ.  He has to lose the title at Royal Rumble to Brock because Shemaus as a world champion at WM is worse than anything Orton vs Batista could be

I expected a Lesnar run-in at the end when Del Rio and Rusev were helping Sheamus. It made a little sense, because Del Rio is supposed to face Lesnar at that house show coming up. I also temporarily bought into the rumor of Daniel Bryan returning tonight. All of these thoughts went through my head within a minute probably, so they weren't too well thought out :P

Brock Lesnar as the #1 or #2 entrant in the Rumble would be fun.

All that work to finally have a PPV ending on a huge pop for Roman. I mean it worked, but damn.

I think the phrase "at what costs" applies here. They really are okay with making everyone else in the company a non-entity to get Reigns over. And we have no idea how long it will take.

As long as it took to get Rollins over.  Forever.

If they want this to start to work, Reigns has to become like the shark in Jaws.  Invisible.  Invisible InvisEATING SOMEONE Invisible Invisible InvisEATINGSOMENOE!!!!

Tomorrow should be the whole "Roman Reigns is suspended and security is here to keep him out of the building thing" along with rumors and sightings and then finally he shows up at the end in some kind of vehicle and obliterates everyone including HHH. 

Derivative?  Yes.  But better than him showing up and doing a 20 minute standup act.

• Like 1

Brock Lesnar is winning the Rumble, right? Surely they're not that stupid.

Um HHH-Roman is a lock for Mania based on tonight. So unless they're planning on Brock cashing in his Rumble win after Mania - or doing a screwy Bret-Austin deal - it could be anybody.

Surely they don't plan on copying Bryan and having Roman beat HHH and Brock on the same night. That would just be overkill even by Vince standards.

Um HHH-Roman is a lock for Mania based on tonight. So unless they're planning on Brock cashing in his Rumble win after Mania - or doing a screwy Bret-Austin deal - it could be anybody.

Surely they don't plan on copying Bryan and having Roman beat HHH and Brock on the same night. That would just be overkill even by Vince standards.

Triple H vs Reigns at Rumble is probably a lock but I seriously doubt it is a WM match.   The ultimate goal is for Reigns to win the title and finally get that moment.  

Preshow match was solid, but could have been better if it was longer and had a better buildup.

Tag match was excellent and one of the better multi-team matches I can remember.  The sliced bread off the top of the ladder was insane.  I love New Day as much as the next guy, but I really think the Dragons should have gone over here.

Ryback/Russev was about as good a match as one can drag out of Ryback.  I'd really hoped Russev was going to get a larger push (maybe even winning the rumble) after coming back, but I doubt that is happening now.

Speaking of the Rumble, I really hope Owens wins now that he's no longer got the IC belt.  Just book him strong the next couple weeks and talk about how he has bigger prizes to go after, and it writes itself.

Divas match wasn't bad, but the heel-face dynamic was underdeveloped as hell leading to it making little sense from a storyline perspective.  Glad they finally decided to go full heel with Charlotte, though.

Reigns/Sheamus wasn't a -bad- match technically and both guys were busting their asses, but it was a case of there being no emotional investment in either guy or the outcome.  The ending was completely flat, but fuck did Reigns ever turn the crowd around at the end.  He should have had some sort of snapping event like that a long time ago though.  Now the trouble is making Roman look merciless and unstoppable without making the LON look like a bunch of chumps.

Where the hell was Barrett at the end anyways?

I would enter Brock early in the Rumble, let him dismantle half the roster, then murder Sheamus at Mania.

Just please don't give us Cena-Sheamus. I beg of you.

I really hope they have a plan for Owens post-IC title that isn't "trade wins with everyone in the midcard for a few months."

What would lead you to believe they have a plan for anybody, outside of HHH vs. Roman?

I don't even have the energy or care enough to pick things apart anymore. What's the point?

• Like 1

I really hope they have a plan for Owens post-IC title that isn't "trade wins with everyone in the midcard for a few months."

He's gotta go on a losing streak before he challenges and conquers Lesnar at WrestleMania!

Also, a lot of reports that Mauro Ranallo signed with WWE and it'll be announced tomorrow that he's the new commentator for Smackdown starting in January. Hopefully that means Lawler is gone and is replaced on the PPV shows as well, because he was easily the most annoying out of the three all night.

I only caught the main event, and boy was it dreadful until the home stretch.  The finish was a little soft, I thought.  I enjoyed the beat-down afterwards more than the match.  Roman looked pretty bad ass with all the chair shots and kicking the shit out of Triple H.  I'm very curious to see if they can follow-up on this thing.  With a guy like Reigns, booking is the key to his success, since Roman himself ain't doing anyone any favors.  If they can't make this work after that beat-down, it's back to square one.

Lawler and JBL were terrible all night.

Please Cole was the worst of all of them. Apparently Sasha Banks has 3 or 4 moves called the Bank Statement and my favorite moment was Xavier yelling at Cole that it was Kalisto not Sin Cara

Par for the course for them.