DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 17: Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone II (12/19/2015) - Orlando, FL (Amway Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_on_FOX_17_Dos_Anjos_vs._Cowboy_2_Pos

UFC on Fox 17: Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone II 
December 19, 2015
Orlando, FL (Amway Center)

UFC Lightweight Championship: Rafael dos Anjos © (154.5) vs. Donald Cerrone (154.5) (first defense) - Dos Anjos, TKO (strikes), R1 (1:06)
Junior dos Santos (239) vs. Alistair Overeem (243) - Overeem, TKO (referee stoppage), R2 (4:43)
Michael Johnson (155.5) vs. Nate Diaz (156) - Diaz, DEC (unanimous)
Randa Markos (116) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (114.5) - Kowalkiewicz, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:
Charles Oliveira (150.5)** vs. Myles Jury (146) - Oliveira, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (3:05)
C.B. Dollaway (185.5) vs. Nate Marquardt (186) - Marquardt, KO (punch), R2 (0:28)
Sarah Kaufman (136) vs. Valentina Shevchenko (134) - Shevchenko, DEC (split)
Josh Samman (186) vs. Tamdan McCrory (185) - McCrory, SUB (triangle choke), R3 (4:10)
Nik Lentz (156) vs. Danny Castillo (156)* - Lentz, DEC (split)
Cole Miller (146) vs. Jim Alers (145) - No Contest (Miller Unable to Continue Due to Accidental Eyepoke), R2 (1:34)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Leon Edwards (171) vs. Kamaru Usman (171) - Usman, DEC (unanimous)
Hayder Hassan (170) vs. Vicente Luque (171) - Luque, SUB (anaconda choke), R1 (2:13)
Luiz Henrique (248) vs. Francis Ngannou (254) - Ngannou, KO (punches), R2 (2:53)

*Reweighed after weighing 158 on first attempt
**Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Vicente Luque
Performance of the Night: Rafael dos Anjos
Fight of the Night: Michael Johnson vs. Nate Diaz

Attendance: 14,459
Gate: $1.7 million
Rating: 2.78 million viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Sarah Kaufman vs. Germaine de Randamie - Injury to De Randamie

It's going to be so much fun watching Michael Johnson completely outclass Nate fucking Diaz for 15 minutes. 

Randa is cool and all but Kowalkiewicz is on another level. And Shevchenko gets a decent test in her first fight. Fuck yes to all of that. 

Do Bronx is high up on my list of faves and I'm no fan of Jury, but it should be a good fight. 

Usman on the Fight Pass prelims means there's something to watch on each segment of the card. Solid stuff and it's a show I'd throw down money to see sooner than for some of the cards they've had on PPV the past few years.

Pretty much interesting in seeing all the fights on the main card and prelims.

Seeing how Kaufman and Randa look will be interesting.

I want Samman to win since he is from here in Tally.

Johnson vs. Diaz should be fun and since I will watch it  Overeem will win since he has never lost when I watch him fight live on TV.

Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone has me excited and will probably see if some of my buddies will want to watch the show together.

I expect some heavy money being placed on Cerrone this week. People were already talking on Saturday night how Dos Anjos looks completely different in person in Las Vegas and already calling him USADA Dos Anjos.

This could get very interesting.

It's going to be so much fun watching Michael Johnson completely outclass Nate fucking Diaz for 15 minutes.

Randa is cool and all but Kowalkiewicz is on another level. And Shevchenko gets a decent test in her first fight. Fuck yes to all of that.

Do Bronx is high up on my list of faves and I'm no fan of Jury, but it should be a good fight.

Usman on the Fight Pass prelims means there's something to watch on each segment of the card. Solid stuff and it's a show I'd throw down money to see sooner than for some of the cards they've had on PPV the past few years.

Can see Johnson being subbed after doing something dumb in a triangle reminiscent of Melvin Guillard.

I don't like these long hiatuses by Nate. He just hasn't looked good when he has fought. You beat a diminished Gray Maynard? Congrats. However, that ain't what the lightweight division is looking like now.

If the same Michael Johnson shows up that I expect will, Nate is going to be taking another extended hiatus.