DVDVR Message Board

[DVDVR CONTENT] ANNOUNCING THE 1001 MATCHES PROJECT

RIPPA

The Midlothian match is NOW ON THE LIST~!

Since I am an idiot

1001 Matches - The Correction

I was sitting next to Tim and Dave so you can hear my reactions to the wonderment in the ring.  I'm the one trying to be encouraging.  Just to become despondent when they tried anything in the ring.  And then Gino Blanchard's horror....

Just for the record - you brought that horror on yourself.

You did a road report from the previous Midlothian show and you were all THEY SHOULD RUN MORE OFTEN!!!

I would quote it but I'm in the car

Just for the record - you brought that horror on yourself.

You did a road report from the previous Midlothian show and you were all THEY SHOULD RUN MORE OFTEN!!!

I would quote it but I'm in the car

Holy shit, I would go see another Midlo show every day.   Talk about standing up to the test of time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What strikes me about the Cavernario/Titan match is that it's really goddamn stiff for a lucha match, and that our erstwhile Caveman is apparently (according to his gimmick) an idiot savant about technical wrestling. And that Titan will just eat it all the time, even if the crowd hates him. Even some spots where he ended up standing made my joints hurt. Segunda caida is where it's at. Oh and Titan also pulls out some awesome submissions; off the top of my head La Mistica into rollup. 

EDIT: Okay that's not a submission... just go and watch the match

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's taking me a while to get through this, but I'm quite enjoying it. I didn't realize just how similar my tastes are to RIPPA's until I got deep into this thing. 

I plan on picking back up after the next DVDVR (which should be soon)

It will be much easier to get cranking again without being confined by own stupid rules

• 1 month later...

This is a grand project with great reasoning behind it.

Also, if there are rules that prohibit this list from having more than one Riot from WOW match, please amend those rules.

• 3 months later...