DVDVR Message Board

[DVDVR CONTENT] ANNOUNCING THE 1001 MATCHES PROJECT

RIPPA

For the top 93 matches so far, has the footage already been located on YouTube or since I plan to start hunting this stuff down, should I save the links and videos I find for them?

Not everything is up on the interwebs (especially anything that has been yanked due to the streaming services)

One of my projects for later this week is to link to the matches that are up.

But that ain't going to happen until Wednesday at the earliest

For the top 93 matches so far, has the footage already been located on YouTube or since I plan to start hunting this stuff down, should I save the links and videos I find for them?

Not everything is up on the interwebs (especially anything that has been yanked due to the streaming services)

One of my projects for later this week is to link to the matches that are up.

But that ain't going to happen until Wednesday at the earliest

Sounds good, I'm pulling together links from WWE Network, NJPW World, and YouTube right now as I watch through the matches. It's not all free but thought it could be a good start and I'll share what I find.

Question, are you guys planning on adding old reviews or maybe even doping new reviews? I know it means more work, but I really think you guys are doing something great here and having reviews from the DVDVR crew on there would make this thing the best thing to happen to wrestling in forever.

Question, are you guys planning on adding old reviews or maybe even doping new reviews? I know it means more work, but I really think you guys are doing something great here and having reviews from the DVDVR crew on there would make this thing the best thing to happen to wrestling in forever.

I am not adding reviews for the stuff from the matches from DVDVR 100

Nor will I re-review something (I will link to old review) - though I may or may not add comments

Everything else is up to the imagination - y'all just have to wait and see

• 2 weeks later...

Probably - it's comical how many mistakes we made in the DVDVR 100

I have the next post almost done - just have to add one matcch.

Looking for links for first 100 will probably be my "bored at my mom's project"

• Like 2

In that "Staples" link, every videos loads as WOW Riot vs. Lotus which I secretly wish it remains that way forever for reasons of DVDVR whimsy and obfuscation. "I ain't here to make it any easier for you dang kids, look 'em up on yer own. Why, back in my day, we hadda go get a money order and a stamp and... WHAT'S A MONEY ORDER?!?!?!" and/or kinda like  when the Zen sword master insists that everything to be learned is in that one basic cut and after you travel the world and learn everything else, you realize he was right. I hate when that happens.

- RAF

• Like 1

From the linked DVDVR #129 review of the Shane-Angle street fight:

Angle then goes to overhead belly to belly through the second glass panel. When prop doesn’t break, Angle decides to protect Shane from taking another headfirst bump to the floor on the belly-to belly. His strategy is to adjust so as to catch Shane’s head flat on his own face to keep it from hitting the floor. Not smart. This is where I would guess Angle got his tooth knocked out, and apparently lodged in the back of Shane's head. 

One of the quotes that I consider as all-time classics for whatever reason is tomk saying something like "I mean Sabu did a lot of crazy stuff in his day but I don't remember him ever trying to catch someone with his face."  Thought he said it in that review, but it must have been on the board somewhere.