DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - ALEX ARION

RIPPA

Before today - I don't think I had thought about Alex Arion in 15 years.

All his placements on the 500 I will blame on Dean. Though I guess it's my fault for also sending him all the New England stuff

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5v00n_alex-arion-vs-antonio-thomas-3-1-20_sport

(vs. Antonio Thomas)

• Like 1

Wow! Like you, Rippa, I had forgotten this man, and now, bam! A flood of memories came back. I watched a bunch of times in a magical place called the Good Times Emporium in Somerville. It was part sports bar/function hall/indoor amusement park. You would see families push past the drunks watching Pats games Sundays so they could have the kids ride go-carts, play video games and use the batting cages. Obviously, it was a glorious place to see indy wrestling. What's better than having a couple of beers, taking a spin around the go-cart track, and then go to the back to see the professional wrestling? Nothing, I say, nothing! It was sadly knocked down to create an outlet mall. Fucking gentrification...

Trip down memory lane aside, I thought he really flowered when he grew the beard & turned heel.

Why can't I find an Alex Arion vs Maverick Wild match? Surely that must have been a thing?

They worked each other a bunch (and even tagged too)

There was even a ROH show that they worked each other.

The bigger problem is that it seems like a lot of the NECW stuff has vanished