DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2015-16: Goin' Bowling & PLAYOFFS?!

Dolfan in NYC

THE FINAL MATCHUPS ARE:

THE FEDERAL EXPRESS ORANGE BOWL BROUGHT TO YOU BY FEDERAL EXPRESS

#1 SagatTigerGenocide.gif

versus

#4  raw.gif

and 

GOOD YEAR PRESENTS THE GOOD YEAR COTTON BOWL CLASSIC

#2 tumblr_mz2c8j3qbG1r2ad2vo1_400.gif

VERSUS

#3 This-is-sparta-o.gif

Last thread got locked as I was writing this, so yeah..

Sparty has a defense similar to Florida's and a better offense. I think they hang into the third, and wouldn't be shocked if they upset them. I don't think they will, but I wouldn't be shocked.

In the "questions I could Google myself" department, is this the first time Saban has coached against MSU since leaving East Lansing?

Sparty has a defense similar to Florida's and a better offense. I think they hang into the third, and wouldn't be shocked if they upset them. I don't think they will, but I wouldn't be shocked.

In the "questions I could Google myself" department, is this the first time Saban has coached against MSU since leaving East Lansing?

2011 Capital One Bowl

Alabama 49, Michigan State 7

2011 Capital One Bowl

Alabama 49, Michigan State 7

Ah. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Sparty has a defense similar to Florida's

Eh, similar only in the sense that they're regarded as good defenses. Florida is bigger upfront and faster overall. At 6'3" 240-250 (depending on what he eats that day), Henry is bigger than all of MSU's linebackers. MSU's pass defense is also 74th in the nation, meanwhile Florida has multiple future 1st round draft picks in the secondary.

I think this ultimately ends up like most Bama vs B1G teams not recruited by Urb games: lopsided.

Minnesota went 5-7 this year and is going to end up in a bowl game.

Bless you, college football.

Also Nebraska and San Jose State

Minnesota's going to something called the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit.

A bowl game in Detroit seems like an appropriate reward for a team that went 5-7.

Minnesota went 5-7 this year and is going to end up in a bowl game.

Bless you, college football.

Also Nebraska and San Jose State

The thing that is just as surprising isn't just "these 5-7 teams will end up in a bowl game", but unlike most times- there's not even any teams out of C-USA, MAC or Sun Belt that won 8-9 games and should be throwing things at their TV screen because they were snubbed for a bowl- all the teams from those conferences with winning records have been announced for bowl games as well. 

The other "fun" exercise regarding the annual tradition of otherwise meaningless bowl games is how many new games get added and what games get rebranded/get new sponsors. 

Detroit's was the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl, and the Orange Bowl is sponsored by Capital One this year.

Brian probably over/under 30.

I'd probably take the under. Michigan's defense isn't as good as it looked at times this year, but it's good, and Florida's offense is....

Then Florida's defense is better than Michigan's offense.

Michigan vs Florida.

I wouldn't expect many points.

You get this one, Fowler.  I see Michigan winning something like 23-10. 

The two weaknesses for Alabama that I can see are in the secondary and then the QB.  I think Cook is going to have to play very well.  Maybe a month is enough for him to get right.