DVDVR Message Board

UFC 194: Aldo vs. McGregor (12/12/2015) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Love it when a guy can talk all that shit, make himself a star, and back it up.

I couldn't believe how calm he was pre-fight. Right up until the opening he's dancing around, doing that little dog walk etc. He just gets himself in a headspace where this shit is no more serious than showing off for his buddies. That's amazing.

On one hand I am disappointed the fight was so short but on the other hand, goddamn. The wee Irishman.

Love it when a guy can talk all that shit, make himself a star, and back it up.

I want to know where are all the people that got mad when the UFC gave Conor a blackout entrance back on the Boston show years ago.

Here's the thing. I understand this is a business but nobody with a straight face can say that Rousey deserves a rematch more than Aldo does. I think they should both get a rematch.  Rogan is an idiot for saying Aldo doesn't deserve shit yet he'll hype the fuck out of Ronda.

Rogan doesn't think Rousey should get an immediate rematch either so at least he's consistent.

Here's the thing. I understand this is a business but nobody with a straight face can say that Rousey deserves a rematch more than Aldo does. I think they should both get a rematch.  Rogan is an idiot for saying Aldo doesn't deserve shit yet he'll hype the fuck out of Ronda.

Yeah, Ronda got knocked out because she didn't know how to close the distance on a superior boxer, Aldo got knocked out while throwing a punch that could have legit knocked his opponent out.  There is a huge difference there.  Aldo threw a punch that left his opponent bloodied and it landed after he was unconscious.  Can you imagine if that punch would have knocked McGregor out?  That would have been the craziest fight in MMA history, but Connor's chin seems to be made of concrete and stuff, word to Cabbage Correira. 

Rogan doesn't think Rousey should get an immediate rematch either so at least he's consistent.

But he won't be saying that when 200 approaches.  I think Aldo deserves some respect, when you're undefeated for a decade and a champion for as long as he was...  Well, whatever congrats to McGregor too because he's absolutely a star.

Yeah, Ronda got knocked out because she didn't know how to close the distance on a superior boxer, Aldo got knocked out while throwing a punch that could have legit knocked his opponent out.  There is a huge difference there.  Aldo threw a punch that left his opponent bloodied and it landed after he was unconscious.  Can you imagine if that punch would have knocked McGregor out?  That would have been the craziest fight in MMA history, but Connor's chin seems to be made of concrete and stuff, word to Cabbage Correira. 

I don't think that punch could have knocked Conor out. Usually when people get dropped like that, the punch loses momentum as the other punch lands. As soon as Aldo got jolted, it became an arm punch more or less because Aldo's weight wasn't really traveling with it anymore.

You see it all time when folks get knocked out exchanging wide left hooks.

Unless you're Gennady Golovkin or Julian Jackson, you're probably going to be taking a brief nap if your punch doesn't land first and harder.

Chael said on Sportscenter Conor should be allowed to walk around with two belts and Conor mentioned one of the options now besides Aldo or Edgar (Conor thinks Aldo should revalue himself then fight Holloway) Is Fight the winner of Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone at 155.

To be completely honest, I feel Aldo's undoing (other going shot for shot before he was even warmed up) is he just doesn't fight often enough to stay in a certain rhythm.  He could have tried to stay away and then start to pick apart Conor with low kicks from the outside. Make him come to you and then step away after you land. He tried to be the guy from WEC who immediately gets in your ass right away. He hasn't been that way for years. You saw glimmers of that from the last Mendes fight, but you also saw a more mature fighter.

When he was looking down the whole time during Buffer's intro, it just seem like he was in a different headspace. I am not a body language expert and don't believe in them, but he just looked like he was trying to channel something that wasn't there. He walked forward on McGregor like he was some scrub. This ain't Chris Mickle, dude. This guy is bringing hammers just like you. He had to find out the hard way.