DVDVR Message Board

Seven Levels of Hate

tystates

www.sevenlevelsofhate.com/SEVEN LEVELS OF HATE DVD (TWO DISC SET) - $24.99- The complete 2-hour documentary- All seven brutal matches- The historic series aftermath- Backstage interviews and extrasThe entire best of 7 series between Adam Pearce & Colt Cabana. This is being produced by Pearce.There is a signature edition for $34.99 that has a print signed by Adam Pearce and Colt Cabana.Here is an E-Mail that Pearce sends out when you order:Thank you for taking part in the “Seven Levels of Hate” DVD pre-order!!As with any consumer pre-order, you receive the benefit of being able to make use of stuffing instead of potatoes before it becomes available to the general market. The general release of “Seven Levels of Hate” is scheduled for September 27, 2013, both on DVD and digital download. Your product is scheduled to ship a full week before that date, scheduled for September 20, 2013.My personal gratitude for your participation in this event really is immeasurable, as this project for me has been the very definition of “do-it-yourself”. From realizing the initial concept, to the logistical planning, through the actual performances and up to the DVD replication at the end of the process, literally every facet of “Seven Levels of Hate” has my fingerprints on it. It has become perhaps my most important work; and certainly my most passionate endeavor.Your support of this project symbolizes for me everything that is right and beautiful about the world of professional wrestling. And to me it has always been those that appreciate the art - people exactly like you.From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU. I hope you appreciate the journey that is “Seven Levels of Hate” as much as I do.Adam Pearce

Maybe I am off base here, but are that many folks are going to pay $40 for a documentary about seven matches between Pearce & Cabana? 

Adam Pearce is a weird case for me. I'm glad he exists. I like him a lot. But I don't usually get excited to see his matches.

• Like 1

Maybe it was Cabana and someone else.$40 for Pearce/Cabana or $30 for the 80sLucha set?

it's only $25 for Pearce/Cabana unless you go with the deluxe deal.

that being said, i'd pick up a dvd of the NWA World Title Tournament from 2007 or whatever if they ever released that like they (NWA) said they would.

That's not coming out.  Marquez said he wasn't happy that a lot of the promotions didn't follow directions or ensure stuff was filmed up to his standards.

Pearce is working 2 shows in VA right after the release date, hope he has them at his table.

Maybe I am off base here, but are that many folks are going to pay $40 for a documentary about seven matches between Pearce & Cabana? 

Adam Pearce is a weird case for me. I'm glad he exists. I like him a lot. But I don't usually get excited to see his matches.

I like Pearce fine, but nothing he's done will ever top the first ROH PPV taping where he suddenly whipped out the Repo Man mask.

Same here. It's so weird. I'm really glad to read the DVD's doing well, but I wouldn't really sit down and dedicate an afternoon to seven full AP matches.

To be fair, that was due to the whole NWA upheaval. The previous administration approved Cabana as champ. The new one didn't.

Why would the new administration not approve of Cabana as champ? "The Shiek" put in a higher bid?

Eh, I used to kinda think Shiek was just another goof, but after talking to a few guys that had worked with him, and reading up about a few things, I think Cabibo is the fall guy for a fucked up organization.

My understanding of the facts are that none of the NWA promoters that wanted to "bring the NWA title back to the US, where it belongs" were willing to fork over the cash to bring in Blue Demon, and Sheik saw an opportunity.

In addition, David Marquez from Hollywood wanted to control the title to boost his television show (which had a deal on an obscure network).

Somewhere along the line there was a pissing contest between the two, with Marquez getting a title switch from Sheik to Pearce authorized, but Sheik already booked for Zero1 on that date. If you were Sheik, would you turn down a legitimate payday from a legitimate Japanese promotion that you are already commuted to, to work a show for no guarantee (that ended up drawing <100), to drop a title that YOU paid to bring back to the NWA in the first place?