DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 80: Namajunas vs. VanZant (12/10/2015) - Las Vegas, NV (The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan)

Elsalvajeloco

The thing is UFC has him at 5 and 6 is the other awesome prospect in the division in Thomas Almeida. I think how Faber looks against Saenz might determine how 135 plays out. Dodson needs an opponent. I don't like Dodson's chances against either Sterling and Almeida with how he has looked after his injury. That could get grisly either way if he doesn't land one big punch.

Brutal body work by Santos. I had Santos 29-28.

Agreed on the poor advice. That was clearly not only not getting Elias much in the way of offense but he was eating a constant barrage of elbows. Then the body work in the third.

Jon Anik was hyping Theodorou's stamina, so of course Elias is gassing badly.

I think Marreta's body work is what caused that. He just pummeled Theodorou throughout though.

Elias is a decent fighter, but he is just too inactive and sluggish at times. He gives you 30 seconds of good offense and then leans on his opponent for 90 seconds against the cage.

Great win by Michael Chiesa.  That fight was a nice ground battle with some fun scrambles.  Miller went in hard for that kneebar, but Chiesa impressively fought his way through it. 

Sage Northcutt wins again.  That standup was a bit shady by the ref.  Not saying it's fight fixing, but sometimes refs make shady calls.  Even John McCarthy has made his own fair share of bad calls before.