DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 80: Namajunas vs. VanZant (12/10/2015) - Las Vegas, NV (The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan)

Elsalvajeloco

fight-night-vegas-namajunas-vs-vanzant_5

UFC Fight Night 80: Namajunas vs. VanZant 

December 10, 2015

Las Vegas, NV (The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan)

Rose Namajunas (115.5) vs. Paige VanZant (115.5) - Namajunas, SUB (rear naked choke), R5 (2:25)

Jim Miller (155.5) vs. Michael Chiesa (156) - Chiesa, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (2:57)

Sage Northcutt (155.5) vs. Cody Pfister (156) - Northcutt, SUB (guillotine choke), R2 (0:41)

Elias Theodorou (185) vs. Thiago Santos (185) - Santos, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:

Tim Means (170) vs. John Howard (170) - Means, KO (punch), R2 (0:21)

Omari Akhmedov (170) vs. Sérgio Moraes (171) - Moraes, TKO (punches), R3 (2:18)

Antônio Carlos Júnior (185) vs. Kevin Casey (185) - No Contest (Casey Unable to Continue Due to Accidental Eyepoke), R1 (0:11)
Aljamain Sterling (135.5) vs. Johnny Eduardo (135) - Sterling, SUB (guillotine choke), R2 (4:18)
Santiago Ponzinibbio (170) vs. Andreas Ståhl (171) - Ponzinibbio, TKO (punches), R1 (4:25)
Nathan Coy (170) vs. Danny Roberts (169.5) - Roberts, SUB (triangle armbar), R1 (2:46)
Zubaira Tukhugov (145) vs. Phillipe Nover (145) - Tukhugov, DEC (split)
Kailin Curran (115) vs. Emily Kagan (115) - Curran, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (4:13)

Event Bonuses ($50,000):

Performance of the Night: Tim Means

Performance of the Night: Rose Namajunas

Fight of the Night: Jim Miller vs. Michael Chiesa

Attendance: 1,643

Gate: $234,725

Cancelled Bouts:

Lyman Good vs. Omari Akhmedov - Injury to Good

Paige VanZant vs. Joanne Calderwood - Injury to Calderwood (Knee)

Edgar Garcia vs. Sheldon Westcott - Bout Moved to Another Card

Michael Graves vs. Danny Roberts - Injury to Graves

• Like 1

This has to be the main event with the least amount of experience combined in the modern era. Combined, they have 13 fights. Lesnar vs. Velasquez was a combined 14 fights. Rousey vs. McMann was a combined 15 fights. There has to be ones that I am missing.

Will have to use my free trial in the next several days.

Do you have infinite Fight Pass free trials?

FWIW I saw somewhere (Bleacher Report IIRC) that Sage's dad pulled him from TriStar to come back to Texas where he could keep an eye on him.

That could be a story. Overprotective daddy issues. That's not very Swayze, Sage. A throat rip may be in order... Or at least a spinning roundhouse kick.

Sometimes I forget I have Fight Pass. I was binging on that thing hard during the summer, so I've got some good mileage out of it. I still have only watched the prelims of the Seoul show. I'll try and find some time this weekend to check out the main card. 

That could be a story. Overprotective daddy issues.

Age 19, I don't have a problem with it. Now three or so years from now? That could seriously affect his development. I think as he puts more fights under his belt, he is going to need to see other stuff thrown at him. This level of training worked fine in Legacy. It's too much of a gamble to rely on once you get into the top 30 or top 40 best lightweights.

Let him go to Jackson/Wink, Fit NHB, or the MMA Lab for one or two training camps in the future. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. However, once/if Sage and/or his family/handlers recognize MMA training goes past Katy, TX, then the better it will be for him.

Ponzinibbio is a very good striker. Finished Stahl with a devastating right hand and followup. If he isn't fighting someone who can be an absolute destroyer like Lorenz Larkin, he can do pretty well for himself.