DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Winter 2016

Dolfan in NYC

I really thought they'd bring in Simeone but I guess he's in a good place.

He's not going anywhere for a while. He's been key to Atleti's success, he loves the club and the club and fans love him.

I do think it's time to move on from Griezmann and let him go for some big bucks now that he can still be sold for a good price and time to invest in a new 9 as Jackson flopped and was sold to a Chinese team for big bucks.

Also MLS season starts next week and I'm excited. I hope Orlando City doesn't do as bad this season as they did last season and that they at least make it to the playoffs this year. Signing Antonio Nocerino was good as we'll have a veteran to pull the team together if Kaká is called up for international duty again and we have someone to keep our midfield together if Cerén, Higuita, Rivas and the rest of the midfielders get called for international games too.

Saturday Orlando City will be playing a friendly against Esporte Clube Bahia at the Citrus Bowl and I already got decent tickets so I'm pumped for that which should be good until next week when Orlando City have their season opener against Real Salt Lake which I also got tickets for. And then the following week another home game at the Citrus Bowl on Friday against Chicago Fire which I'll most likely get tickets to too.

It wouldn't surprise me. I watched the game and the referee was so, so awful. Unbelievably awful. Even the commentator, who is a very sober, calm, intelligent, softspoken man, was half-screaming about whether the referee got a villa on Crete or an entire island.

Bayern winning in Wolfsburg yesterday, and the possibilities for them to earn another loss this season are becoming fewer and fewer. At halftime it seems as if Dortmund will conceed a surprising loss at home to Hoffenheim. This would put Bayern 11 points ahead and basically decide the championship. Not that I can see this turning into a tense battle anyway...

• Like 1