DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

Top 40 animated characters could be our next project to see what the DVDVR countdown would look like after the ballots are counted.

Given the wide areas of interest, i could see:

1. No one getting a plurality

2. A simpsons character winning, since it won best tv show poll

3. An anime character winning

And does "top" been best or favorite?

Top 40 animated characters could be our next project to see what the DVDVR countdown would look like after the ballots are counted.

And does "top" been best or favorite?

Subjective definitions that no one will agree on.  Just submit a ballot and debate like rational humans.... yes I know that is nigh impossible.

I don't have a problem with an anime character or a Simpsons character winning. 

I didnt mean to suggest a problem; just i thought they were likely outcomes.

I wonder for certain evergreen characters, would there be a need to be specific about the show.

For example, Batman. Is it just Batman or BTAS Batman, B&B Batman, Superfriends Batman, Filmation Batman, ...

I wonder for certain evergreen characters, would there be a need to be specific about the show.

For example, Batman. Is it just Batman or BTAS Batman, B&B Batman, Superfriends Batman, Filmation Batman, ...

Keep it simple and stick to characters that started off as animated characters even if they seaguewaed into comic books and disqualify the ones that started off in comics and cross-pollinated into cartoons.

So Bugs Bunny and Uncle Scrooge - Yes, Batman and Spider Man - No.

You're The Worst just wrapped up its season. A+ of a season of TV and of a finale. This is my favorite thing on TV right now, and that includes Fargo*. It's such a fucked up, weird and dark show. And hilarious. Please watch it.

(It doesn't include Nathan For You, which transcends any and all things ever made and can you fucking watch it already?)

I really enjoyed the Series Finale of the League. Can't go wrong with Larry David as grown up Nick Kroll. I'll miss the show but it was time to end it. This last season was way better than the previous 2 seasons. Went back to the basics even though the DraftKings spots were brutal.

You're The Worst just wrapped up its season. A+ of a season of TV and of a finale. This is my favorite thing on TV right now, and that includes Fargo*. It's such a fucked up, weird and dark show. And hilarious. Please watch it.

Ugh, I've felt you've been my mortal enemy on the WWE side of things, but goddamn you're right.  This show just nails so many things to an almost painful degree.

The League was just equal parts awesome and horrible.  The DraftKings shit was terrible especially with the subliminal "you can lose in your own league and still WIN IT ALL!" message.  Larry David was almost too good. Like he saw what he had to deal with and thought "Pfft, I can make this better." Ruxin was great the entire time.  I knew the coin was going to win, but the coin flip on the coin was actually a pretty great idea.  Especially with Ruxin's protest.

Perfect ending would have been Taco losing his balls and Andre murdering Pete in the final shot.  But nope, the writers still think you think that Taco is hysterical and Pete is the hero. That reminds me of something similar in wrestling.  Can't remember what...

But hey, I'll never have to hear EBDBBBNB as if it was some fucking hilarious showstopping round-of-applause joke on a TV show ever again now. 

• Like 1

I think the writers were forced to the do the Draftkings deal and they kind of made it look shitty. Pete won the million but was then more bummed he won the sacko.

Let's not forget that Pete let his kid be raised by someone else for eighteen years and then wanted to get a beer with him when he turned 18.

Let me also throw in my love for this season of You're The Worst. The last scene was perfect and everything ended nicely. I think that is the point of the show, that the meat of each season s so dark and twisted but it builds to the last episode of the season where it seems everyone has the moents of happiness that we all want them to have.

Also, I will not complain if every season ends with Kether Donohoe singing. I think my only regret is no Sam, Shistain and Honeynutz this episode but they didn't really fit the tone of the episode. Sam's best moment was the previous episode though when he was poiting out to Getchen that so many famous people suffered from depression only to have Shitstain/Honeynutz point out that ll the people he named commited suicide. It was simultaneously hilarious yet sobering.

James

I have said it 500 times on here. Seriously -- does anyone else watch Nathan For You? The season finale is one of the most fucking insane things ever on television. The whole show has been superb. But this last episode is a fever dream come to reality. Just an amazing 30 minutes of television.

I really enjoyed the Series Finale of the League. Can't go wrong with Larry David as grown up Nick Kroll. I'll miss the show but it was time to end it. This last season was way better than the previous 2 seasons. Went back to the basics even though the DraftKings spots were brutal.

I kind of feel the opposite. I felt this was by far the worst season yet. Kroll wasn't even half the episodes and he's easily my favorite character. I know its not a show ABOUT fantasy football but atleast in prior seasons you'd get a running "update" of who was winning, who wasn't, shit involving the league. This season the league wasn't really mentioned much. My favorite things about the season finale were as you mentioned Larry David and Rafi in his final segment. "Look me in the eyes Brian so I can finish". "One more time baby". I thought the very end was pretty silly and just wasn't funny. Either I've never really noticed how hot Shiva was or she just got way hotter because she was gorgeous in this episode. I think my biggest issue with this show is that they have Pete being this like bulletproof, asshole, playboy through the whole show and it ends with him winning a million dollars and and ignoring his kid for 18 years? I'm a little bit afraid to watch Its Always Sunny the quality of that show has been in rapid decline and I know the commercial spots on FX are just random shit thrown together but the only thing that made me laugh was the Frank gangbang quip. 

Top 40 animated characters countdown on FOX last night the list was total crap! Stewie #1 Fuck Off!

Frankly, I'm not sure Stewie is the best Seth McFarlane character, as a strong argument could made for Roger the alien. . . .