DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

God I realized in the last month I have started watching

iZombie

Jane the Virgin

Game of Thrones

Arrow

And that isn't counting that I have recorded every episode of Blindspot.

There is not enough time in the day.

Hey for no other reason than the whole first season is on Netflix, I started watching and got hooked on Madam Secretary. Its like like West Wing but otally not. I mean any show that will rope in Morgan freeman for an appearance as Chief Justice of SCOTUS is k by me. Plus, random Eric Stoltz sighting (and multiple episodes directed by to boot!)

James

Watched "In the Loop" on Netflix yesterday and laughed my ass off. Looking forward to starting "The Thick of It" on Hulu tonight. Now I can see what all the talk was when Capaldi got the role about the new Doctor dropping F bombs.

Add me to the list of people who will be upset if the Leftovers gets cancelled. Liv Tyler was terrific Sunday night. The way she went toe to toe with Eccleston at the end of the episode was great. I didn't know she had it in her to portray menacing.

Concerning the end:

So the explosives Meg was accused of gathering was used to empty the lake to fool the townspeople into believing the girls had a "departure" and the ropes Kevin saw on that bridge when he was in Purgatory are foreshadowing the three girls voluntary suicide on Oct. 14th?

Watched "In the Loop" on Netflix yesterday and laughed my ass off. Looking forward to starting "The Thick of It" on Hulu tonight. Now I can see what all the talk was when Capaldi got the role about the new Doctor dropping F bombs.

'The Thick of It' is so awesome.  I keep hoping Capaldi's Malcolm gets brought in as a consultant on 'Veep' at some point.  Watching him reduced Tony Hale to tears would be incredible.

Add me to the list of people who will be upset if the Leftovers gets cancelled. Liv Tyler was terrific Sunday night. The way she went toe to toe with Eccleston at the end of the episode was great. I didn't know she had it in her to portray menacing.

Concerning the end:

So the explosives Meg was accused of gathering was used to empty the lake to fool the townspeople into believing the girls had a "departure" and the ropes Kevin saw on that bridge when he was in Purgatory are foreshadowing the three girls voluntary suicide on Oct. 14th?

I agreed with your last part.

I thought the explosives would be to blow the bridge after the girls hung themselves from it. Seeing as the bridge symbolizes the only entry-point into Jarden/Miracle

So the secret to not being forced to watch the same things your girlfriend watches is to find something about the program that you like more than she does.  I am now off the hook for having to watch any future eps of Born Again Virgin thanks to my well timed "Jesus, why didn't you tell me this show had such hot women in it?" comment.

My Tuesday nights are back to being open for me to watch iZombie.  Now if I could only find a way out of the iyala: Fix My Life / Welcome to Sweetie Pie's block on OWN Saturday Night.

• Like 3

"I'm the interim assistant manager, so you have to do as I say for as long as I'm interimming."

"Did you just say you're into rimming?"

I blew through the first season of Brooklyn 99 and it's Season Two premiere. Sitcoms are always easier for me to binge because that 21-23 minute commitment just flies by. The first season was a lot of fun too. I'll probably take a break to focus on finishing something else.

So last night's episode of You're The Worst had one of those amazing character defining moments for a character that made me genuinely happy I started watching this show.

It also really swerved me as to how I thought the season would end.

I couldn't be happier about either development!

James

Any list that does not have the top 5 comprised entirely of Looney Tunes, Jay Ward characters or some combination thereof is automatically disregarded and not worth discussion. (My top 5: Boris, Daffy, Bullwinkle, Dudley, Bugs. I am in the minority in ranking Bugs behind any of those other 4, let alone all of them, but if we're going on laughs generated in me personally, that's how it goes.)

• Like 1

The first episode of The Expanse should be up on Syfy On Demand.

Any list of top 40 animated characters that does not have Race Bannon in the Top 5 of the list has no credibility.