DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

That Kobashi '93 match gets all the hype (well earned!) but I think I may prefer the Hansen/Kawada match from '92 (I think? Possibly '93) where Stan's momentum takes him out of the ring.

Stan is the fucking man.

If the Rainmaker looked one-tenth as brutal as that, I could buy it as a finisher.

Alas, it doesn't.

I get that the Rainmaker doesn't look as devastating as a lot of lariat finishers, but I think the backlash on that move is overblown.  There aren't very many devastating finishers any more, why are we singling that one out?  Naito's finisher doesn't look particularly painful.  The High Fly Flow has to be hit repeatedly for anyone to lay down for it.  The Boma Ye looks like it would kill someone, but the Rainmaker doesn't seem out of place as a finisher when compared to everything else.

Because it's a fucking clothesline.

Yeah but it involves spinning, which is a plus 1 on the finisher move scale, and it involves a wrist clutch, which in Japan is a plus 3 for a finisher in japan.  So if a clothesline is a 3, add a point for the spin, and add 3 points for the wrist clutch, it gives you a solid 7.  I would say a 7 is way ahead of some of the other finishers out there.  

• Like 1