DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

BTW - there is scuttle that the WWE is promising BIG CHANGES~! tonight

I am assume this means the Usos will have new face paint or something

Or Sheamus will have shaved his mohawk.  "IT'S A NEW BEGINNING!"

"Hey, this thing one of our talents has taken off due to his hard work. I know, let's take it over and use it to get our shit over! That worked out so well when we took over Ryders show!"

I hate to tell you this, but Woods was always gonna be beholden to WWE on this.  Sure, he put in the work to get the channel up and running but it's like any other business, you develop something at the company you work at, even in your spare time, that company has some rights to it.  WWE is selling UUDD shirts, letting him film at events and allowing him to use WWE employees for this.

Now I want to see Luke Harper as Captain Spaulding.

From the main roster, Summer Rae is probably the best bet to do a good Baby Firefly Wyatt. Alexa could be Pixie Firefly.

My first thought "harper as Groucho?"

Boy, am I glad I'm not the only one.  To paraphrase Zaphod Beeblebrox, I'm so unhip it's a wonder my bum doesn't fall off.

Brawn Strowman said that?  

Who?

Pitbull.

373d34bf7d2a61b42a53f3a3a6fd5936.jpg

• Like 2

Now I want to see Luke Harper as Captain Spaulding.

From the main roster, Summer Rae is probably the best bet to do a good Baby Firefly Wyatt. Alexa could be Pixie Firefly.

My first thought "harper as Groucho?"

Boy, am I glad I'm not the only one. To paraphrase Zaphod Beeblebrox, I'm so unhip it's a wonder my bum doesn't fall off.

Brawn Strowman said that?

Who?
Jim Neidhart said that?

Sorry for being late to get in on the act, but I just got home.

I think a female Wyatt would need to be someone not features on NXT yet. Part of what made Strowman a decent pick it that we've not seen him trading wins with Corbin or Cassady on TV, he debuted as an unknown quantity. If they have actually signed Nikki Storm, I can see her pulling it off

The thing about the Wyatts is, they're all big guys. You see them in thering, they're big guys. You see them at the gym, they're big guys. You see them at the airport... 

Sorry, got a bit sidetracked. The problem with having too many big people in one space is there's no normal sized person to provide a size comparison, so the big guys end up looking normal sized compared to one another. So if they're adding a female Wyatt, they need a really short Woman for the lads to look huge next to. So... Rosita? Have her turn up on TV as Thea Trinidad from ABC's Children of 9/11 and have her be a flag-waving underdog babyface with a USA chant. Then she can get kidnapped and brainwashed by the Wyatts and start doing promos where she tells people how they don't know the real Bray and he's the kindest and most loving man she's ever met. 

As far as Dolph and Breeze on UUDD, they were livestreaming backstage from RAW. It's not inconceivable Breeze and Ziggler did this on their own w/o WWE asking them to. It works out well for everyone as a one off where Woods needed an ending to his livestream and it got people talking about his show from people who may not have known about it.

And for those that keep harping on and on about a return to the TV-14/Attitude type of content, next week's Slammy Awards presented by "Coca-Cola" is probably the prime "Exhibit A" of the end game of the PG era. That has to be the biggest brand-name sponsor they've had for anything since probably the Hulk Hogan days.

• Like 1