DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I think Bayley in the Wyatts would be pretty cool actually. I'd love to see what kind of range she has character-wise and I especially want to see her work heel at least once.

It sounds more appealing than introducing her as face (who only gets about 10% of the heat she currently does because most of the audience hasn't followed her journey) and feuding with the Bellas for 4 months.

Yeah let's take the one likable babyface in an entire division, and make her a lacky for a midcard heel stable. If they can't get Bayley over then there needs to be a fucking major overhaul within creative(which let's face it a major overhaul is already needed). I'm starting to wonder if they wouldn't just make more money off acts like Bayley by leaving them in NXT as it continues to grow instead of being brought up to the main roster and being booked like a geek thus not getting over with that audience and tainting the wrestlers value in the eyes of the NXT audience.

They desperately need a face like Bayley on the main roster the question is how long before they fuck it up one month, two months?

I definitely agree with the worst part of the Wyatt's booking being how weak they always end up looking in their feuds.  They don't necessarily have to score the pin every time, but they should be leaving people laying beaten or having to be stretchered out.

The issue I have with them abducting and brainwashing other wrestlers is that it's a foregone conclusion that whomever they bring over is going to end up seeing the light and turning on them.  The only way I can see something like that working is if they were to go after some relatively new wrestler and drag them away before they had time to really come into their own. 

There is a man out there who has the weight of expectation on his shoulders. A man who has always had to listen to other people tell him who he should be. They told him to change his name - he changed his name. They told him to drink the Kool-Aid - he drank it, but it didn't slake the thirst he felt. He tried to take on another man's identity, only to have it ripped away.

All these years, trying to live up to a legacy of perfection. Trying to be something he wasn't, someone he wasn't - just because of his family. Well, he has a new family now. Follow the buzzards, and witness the beginning... of the genesis... of the birth... of McGillicutty.

A man who we expect to bark like a dog. A man who has had to carry the expectations of the world and his partner over the years. A man who, if it's a win, will make it a win. Titus O'Wyatt

• Like 1

I think Bayley in the Wyatts would be pretty cool actually. I'd love to see what kind of range she has character-wise and I especially want to see her work heel at least once.

It sounds more appealing than introducing her as face (who only gets about 10% of the heat she currently does because most of the audience hasn't followed her journey) and feuding with the Bellas for 4 months.

Yeah let's take the one likable babyface in an entire division, and make her a lacky for a midcard heel stable. If they can't get Bayley over then there needs to be a fucking major overhaul within creative(which let's face it a major overhaul is already needed). I'm starting to wonder if they wouldn't just make more money off acts like Bayley by leaving them in NXT as it continues to grow instead of being brought up to the main roster and being booked like a geek thus not getting over with that audience and tainting the wrestlers value in the eyes of the NXT audience.

They desperately need a face like Bayley on the main roster the question is how long before they fuck it up one month, two months?

There's no way they could translate Bayley to the main roster as is and have her get the same heat she does in NXT. The fans there have been invested in her journey for 2+ years. Look at a ready-made guy like Tyler Breeze and how he was just another midcarder in his first two weeks on the main roster. They'd probably be better off starting more people off fresh and seeing if something develops organically like it does in NXT.

There's no way they could translate Bayley to the main roster as is and have her get the same heat she does in NXT. The fans there have been invested in her journey for 2+ years. Look at a ready-made guy like Tyler Breeze and how he was just another midcarder in his first two weeks on the main roster. They'd probably be better off starting more people off fresh and seeing if something develops organically like it does in NXT.

Where did you expect Tyler Breeze to go? With the current setup, his whole gimmick screams "just another midcarder." 

• Like 1

I think a female Wyatt would need to be someone not features on NXT yet. Part of what made Strowman a decent pick it that we've not seen him trading wins with Corbin or Cassady on TV, he debuted as an unknown quantity. If they have actually signed Nikki Storm, I can see her pulling it off

or WWE could have not fired Audrey Marie, who was in the early Wyatt vignettes

Where did you expect Tyler Breeze to go? With the current setup, his whole gimmick screams "just another midcarder." 

I didn't expect him to go anywhere else, but in a perfect world, he'd at least be a protected midcarder instead of having a losing record and not even appearing to be an eventual IC/US title contender.

I think a female Wyatt would need to be someone not features on NXT yet. Part of what made Strowman a decent pick it that we've not seen him trading wins with Corbin or Cassady on TV, he debuted as an unknown quantity. If they have actually signed Nikki Storm, I can see her pulling it off

Didn't they fire Audrey Marie because she looked too much like Stephanie (or something like that)?

I think Bayley could pull off a Eugene gimmick.

WWE would probably be wise to not have a developmentally disabled character in 2015 (or 2016 for that matter).

Or ever

The fact that Eugene has never been brought up against WWE is a miracle at this point. 

WWE would probably be wise to not have a developmentally disabled character in 2015 (or 2016 for that matter).

Or ever

The fact that Eugene has never been brought up against WWE is a miracle at this point.

At least he was never a heel(i think)

Didn't they fire Audrey Marie because she looked too much like Stephanie (or something like that)?

That sounds so absurd that it's probably true.  Though you'd think someone would've noticed that when she was hired in the first place.  (Did Big Johnny hire her?  Then I totally believe it.)

• Like 1

Or ever

At least he was never a heel(i think)

There was that one week or so where he attacked Jim Duggan, then screamed "I'M SPECIAL!" for a little bit. Then it was never spoke of again...does that count?

That sounds so absurd that it's probably true.  Though you'd think someone would've noticed that when she was hired in the first place.  (Did Big Johnny hire her?  Then I totally believe it.)

Considering they supposedly fired Frankie Kazarian because he looked too much like HHH and wouldn't cut his hair to change that, it's certainly within the realm of believability.

Considering they supposedly fired Frankie Kazarian because he looked too much like HHH and wouldn't cut his hair to change that, it's certainly within the realm of believability.

The fact that Frankie cut his hair in TNA soon after really makes Frankie look like the moron here. 

• Like 2

IIRC, Many in the IWC wanted him to turn heel and reveal he was faking it the whole time.

It said something that Eugene got that response. Even though he was a doughy, kind of average performer who clearly wouldn't have drawn a dime as Nick Dinsmore, super-serial wrestler what wrestles wrestling, the response of people demanding angles equally as bad as Eugene (whether it was "he was faking all along, he's really a good technical wizard!" or the incredibly offensive "he got hit by a chair so hard it smacked his brain back to normal!"). it was interesting to see the demand for the gimmick to be taken out not due to it being offensive, but for people wanting HIM to be repackaged over presumed talent.

If that wasn't enough, it was doubled since Dinsmore really didn't have any breakout runs in other major promotions first, which gave it the sense of "Oh, like hell you know this. He was only a world-beater in OVW who was nothing to write home about outside of the promotion. I'd buy it if he was an indy darling, but we all know you're bluffing. You aren't a fan of Dinsmore, you aren't an OVW fan, you only want WWE to repackage Dinsmore as a 'real' wrestler because you saw he had really good stats in EWR and you think that means  he's the next Benoit. Stop lying."

• Like 1

IIRC, Many in the IWC wanted him to turn heel and reveal he was faking it the whole time.

It said something that Eugene got that response. Even though he was a doughy, kind of average performer who clearly wouldn't have drawn a dime as Nick Dinsmore, super-serial wrestler what wrestles wrestling, the response of people demanding angles equally as bad as Eugene (whether it was "he was faking all along, he's really a good technical wizard!" or the incredibly offensive "he got hit by a chair so hard it smacked his brain back to normal!"). it was interesting to see the demand for the gimmick to be taken out not due to it being offensive, but for people wanting HIM to be repackaged over presumed talent.

If that wasn't enough, it was doubled since Dinsmore really didn't have any breakout runs in other major promotions first, which gave it the sense of "Oh, like hell you know this. He was only a world-beater in OVW who was nothing to write home about outside of the promotion. I'd buy it if he was an indy darling, but we all know you're bluffing. You aren't a fan of Dinsmore, you aren't an OVW fan, you only want WWE to repackage Dinsmore as a 'real' wrestler because you saw he had really good stats in EWR and you think that means  he's the next Benoit. Stop lying."

It speaks volumes that Dinsmore didn't go on to have a good run on the indies after his WWE run.