DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Its funny how no one apparently believes Austin's "im never wrestling again!" Missives.

Or think that he could handle it physically when he hasn't wrestled in over a decade and has numerous long term injuries.

At most, he's going to guest ref the main event and give the heel a stunner at some point.

WWE probably has no idea what they're going to do on Raw Monday.

I'm supposed to believe they've already got an idea what they're going to run for WrestleMania?

Kinda, yeah. They try to plan that shit out the year, whereas week-to-week stuff tends to be done on the fly.

Austin could work a hugely compelling match that consisted mainly of someone stalling, stomping him, and then running into his fist. Why? Because he's Steve Austin and one of the most charismatic wrestlers ever.

That said, I don't think he feels like it's worth the risk since he has plenty of money, a few gigs he enjoys, and a fluke can happen in any match, even in the one I just laid out.

But the idea that he can't work a match is sort of silly. I could see EDGE not being able to work a match because he could not successfully pull off what I just described, but Austin? No sweat. 

AUSTIN DOESNT WANT TO EVER WRESTLE AGAIN

GET OVER IT

I think he's looked at all of the old wrestlers who kept coming back, and eventually embarrassed themselves and decided, "Not me."  He's like someone with an alcoholic parent that decided they'll never drink.  He's seen what that leads to and wants no parts of it.

If it were me, I hand Austin a blank check, have him fill in any number he wants, and book him vs. Lesnar in a "Texas Death match." That way you can rely on plundah and not expose austin to too much risk of long-term injuries. You can have Austin bury Lesnar under something, thus not being able to answer the 10 count. Have Heyman start talking about how Lesnar was so tough that Steve Austin, the toughest sob in the WWE, walked off into the sunset rather than face him. Have Austin refuse and refuse, then relent when Heyman questions his manhood to his face. 

I'd also go Rock vs. HHH. We may be sick of it, but the casuals would love it. Have the Rock intervene when Sheamus' goons try to stop Reigns from winning the title at the Rumble. HHH takes offense, Rock doesn't care, there's your setup.

Cena vs Taker writes itself. Cena has to know if he's up to the toughest task there is in the WWE; taking down Taker at Mania.

Bring back Daniel Bryan to settle his issue with Kane. Bryan vs. Kane, loser must retire. Nice sendoff for Kane there. 

There's the top of the card. Reigns vs the Rumble winner (Ambrose), the Andre battle Royal, Tag Team shenanigans. you can fill in the card from there.

This has probably been discussed in the puro section, but Tokyo Gurentai ran a show yesterday with the main event of Dory Funk/Mil Mascaras/Kabuki/M. Funaki vs. Fujiwara/CIMA/Kaz Hayashi/NOSAWA Rongai.  The former team has a combined age of 260, with Funaki being the baby of the group at 46.  And Mil did the job!

(Just kidding.  Mil pinned NOSAWA to win.)

• Like 4

Doesn't The Rock have an insurance issue with a film he's doing shortly after Wrestlemania that won't allow him to wrestle? As far as I know, there's no chance (no chance in hell) of him working Mania.

They could run Austin at WM after:

The final 3 matches of the 18 man tournament to crown a new cruiserweight champ.

The WARGAMES match.

The match where Cena turns heel.

I think that about sums up the top IWC talking points that are never going to happen.

• Like 2

Alternate universe IWC WM card:

- Heel Cena © vs. Punk for the world title, Austin as guest ref

- Wargames: Wyatt Family, Barrett, and Sheamus vs. Shield 2.0 (Reigns, Ambrose, Samoa Joe), Cesaro, and mystery partner Daniel Bryan

- Balor vs. Neville in the Cruiserweight title tournament final

- Owens vs. Zayn, match can only be won via package piledriver or top rope brainbuster

- HHH vs. Rusev, Extreme Rules match

- Steph vs. Rousey, First Blood match

- Sasha Banks vs. Bayley vs. Becky Lynch for the newly renamed WWE Women Are Pro Wrestlers Too And Don't Need A Dumb Name Like Divas Title

-New Day vs. Jordan and Gable (managed by Kurt Angle)

- Kane/Show vs. Dudleys, winner and loser must retire

• Like 17

The Mania card will probably be Reigns Vs Cena for the title, HHH Vs Ambrose or Batista if they can get him interested, New Day Vs Wyatts Vs Dudleys Vs Balor & Neville Vs Sheamus & Barrett Vs Lucha Dragons in a tag team title gauntlet or massive TLC match,  Owens Vs Lesnar, Taker Vs Kane, Charlotte Vs Paige Vs Sasha Banks Vs Becky Lynch Vs Bayley for the Divas title with Bayley winning, Zayn wins the Andre battle royal, bit rubbish but trying the best with what we have.

Seriously, when was the last time Mil was pinned?  I'm not the biggest lucha fan, but I know Steamboat beat him in the second fall of their match in '81.

Mil would drop a first or second fall here and there - not often clean but...whatever.

But if you mean eat a pin in the 3rd fall of a match or the only fall of a one fall match?  Shit.  You probably have to go back to the 70's.

I've no idea how to post pics from my phone but please tell me some of you fuckers have seen Dewey Foleys rant about HHH on Facebook?

I'm like 99.9% sure it's a work since

A. he's accusing HHH of holding back the young guys, which is HHH the TV character and not HHH the guy behind the scenes fighting for the NXT people...

B. there's rumors Dewey is joining WWE creative