DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 11/30/15

Dolfan in NYC

To be fair, Rusev and these boys have been friends for a while. It was prior to Rusev going down with an injury. I believe Owens was part of it too and he's Canadian of course so maybe he will still be part of it.

I'm still not sold because I rather most of them just be on their own.

I loved how the Cole openly said "there was the Hollywood minute, well think of this as the WWE minute" and they cut to Adam Rose with "The Rosebush". I mean sure those David Spade bits on SNL were funny back in 1996. So I guess Adam Rose is going to be Spade to Dolph Ziggler's Eddie Murphy (implying Ziggler is bi is like the whole Spade falling star comment). It's sad because we all saw the NXT special on ESPN. Rose deserves so much better than this.

Yeah that main event was so bleh. I don't think I'm going to make it with the Roman Reigns road to Wrestlemania if these are the odds he has to face.

Even better, Cole started the segment by saying "Hey guys, remember Adam Rose?"

Nothing puts a guy over like asking us if we still remember that he exists.

Hey, maybe Del Rio did end up signing with TNA. He got a lot of money, a huge meaningless title win and now part of a thrown together maineven stable. Wait, no. TNA doesn't have money.

People are forgetting that when Cena comes back the first thing he's doing is beating Del Rio (probably in 5:15) before he does anything else.

At this point, SuperCena taking over the company once again and beating the League like drums might not be the worst idea.

I'm not sure what to think of super-happy World champion Sheamus, but I'll roll with it.  I love how his random midcard stable suddenly has two champions, plus an alliance with the tag champs.  Midcard power!

Maybe they just put on a shit show so Foley would follow up on his promise to stop watching and they wouldn't have to put up with his verbal masturbating over the divas anymore.

HAW! ... "verbal"

• Like 2

Well, if he's writing it, the word would be 'literary'. Only saying "Foley's literary masturbation", it would be too easy to pretend it said "Foley's literal masturbation". Too easy. So we'll go with 'metaphorical'.

New Day being SMART heels and getting both teams DQ's

Actually, it seems like it's a regular thing for a champ/champs to bust up a face/face contenders' match, say "ha ha, no top contender/s", and then get stuck in a triple threat.

*takes hit from inhaler, goes back to bed in parents' basement, doesn't have sex, HA cuz...anywho*

P.S. #leaveromanalooooone

The best part of the show was...Naomi's donk.  Good Lord, don't let me see her naked on a pay week because she can have ALL my money...

LMAO Jimmy's a lucky man!

So glad that it looks like Becky is finally getting something to do other than be PCB member #3. 

At this point, SuperCena taking over the company once again and beating the League like drums might not be the worst idea.

I'm not sure what to think of super-happy World champion Sheamus, but I'll roll with it.  I love how his random midcard stable suddenly has two champions, plus an alliance with the tag champs.  Midcard power!

Cena cleaning house before Reigns "gets the chance" and cutting some "Well, I guess daddy will come right the ship AGAIN" promos would be a decent way to position him in a Mania feud with Reigns.  They'd both get mixed reactions and Vince would drool all over having the announcers talk about how CONTROVERSIAL the two of them are.

But if not, good lord, just put the belt on Reigns already so we can hurry and put this out of its misery.

WHAT MOVED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

* The new League of Nations has potential and I want to see where it goes.

* Del Rio being in LoN means Mex-America dies soon.  Yay to that!

* The Charlotte/Becky angle has star angle written all over it if handled right.  Paige coming in to needle Becky was the most I've enjoyed Paige in a while.

* I enjoyed the Dudley Boys promo.  Them having an extra-wide table for Braun was a neat touch.  Tommy Dreamer's return was fun.

* Adam Rose gets a segment!  Some attention is better than none, and Rose has the potential to turn it into something good if given time.

* The Stardust-Titus angle is going to hilarious.  It'll be interesting to see how Darren Young plays into it.

* Lillian's reaction to Sheamus hugging her = best WTF face ever.

* The 5:15 stipulation to the Sheamus-Reigns match was good, but they should have went further with it.  The ending was just kind of there.

WHAT COULD BE SOMETHING IF THEY TRIED IT

* Reigns giving the belt to Steph instead of HHH was an interesting touch.  May amount to nothing, but it's something that could be explored.

* It'd be fun to watch if Reigns and the Usos win their respective championships, but Ambrose doesn't.  Then you have some real friction brewing, family vs friends.

WHAT DIDN'T WORK

* The dead as a funeral wreath crowd.  Did they drink Nyquil before going to the show?

* The Rusev-Lana angle was a mess.  Miz tried to salvage it, but it was no use. They could have saved everyone's time with that Rusev-Ryback 'match.'

* Stupid 50/50 booking in Ziggler-Breeze match.  Unless they plan to have Breeze beat the snot out of Ziggler to end the feud, that was simply lazy.

* The main event was overbooked beyond belief.  And let one of the Usos eat the pin instead of Ambrose.

* I hate to say it, but too much New Day.  I understand trying to use some of their heat to give the other heels a rub.  The problem with that is New Day isn't really hated because they're not always viciously attacking their opponents.  If they decide to go that route, then the rub can work.  Otherwise, it seems a bit forced and you risk overexposing the trio.

My biggest problem is that the show's pacing was really off.  It makes for too much fluidity to properly focus on the action.  I liked some of the parts and possible angles, but the presentation stunk.

I think WWE is the only promotion in the world that would have a Kevin Owens/Dean Ambrose feud, and not have a single good promo or angle to build it. The really sad part is they have about 20 more "writers" than any other promotion. Are they afraid if they gave these guys a little freedom and some decent material they would I don't know get over or have the fans give a shit about their matches? I guess we can't have that as it might show up Roman.

The whole company has been built around getting Roman over. They've put more time and effort into that than anything else the past year and half, and he isn't half as over as he should be. Dean and Orton both had their balls cut off when they were getting bigger reactions that Roman and Dean is still more over. Trying to force Reigns as the babyface company ace is killing the show dead. I think he's a good worker, but he doesn't have the mic skills or charisma for the role their booking him in. The fans aren't going to magically buy in after a year+ of rejecting him in this role. At this point it's just a matter of when or if Vince will admit Roman isn't a company ace babyface and moves on to something the fans actually want to see.